Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fancying someone [split topic]

Started by ffs, May 18, 2019, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 21, 2019, 09:03:35 PM
I agree, grudgingly, that it is possible for a less naive person to try and nip all the fantasizing in the bud, and you prob'ly should if you're married, but as icehaven said all the 'grow up' and 'stop being such an emotional get' responses do read a lot like 'what gives you the right not to throw up all your filters like I have?' Like David Lynch said: "We think we understand the rules when we become adults but what we really experience is a narrowing of the imagination."

This is not what 'grow up' means, and this is the second post in quick succession to misunderstand it. Well it's certainly not what I meant by it anyway.

What I mean is, that you use your self awareness and your empathy to stop yourself from being disrespectful to other people. It's not about filters, what the fuck are they anyway?

Now read Clownbaby's post, which shows how it could feel from the recipients side. Not nice is it. That's what the OP was doing and they don't show much remorse. No self awareness, see? Quite the prerogative of the immature, that kind of thing. Now I realise that you can't teach becoming more mature, but the continuous affirmation of immaturity on here is pretty tiresome.

Sin Agog

I get you.  That's why I said earlier it's almost like you're overlaying all this dreamt up shit onto a poor, hapless person to the point where you're not even seeing them anymore.  It's what the Manic Pixie Dream Girl is all about.  I also empathise with how fucking confusing and scary it can be for the person you're doing it to, who's got to carry the weight of all this lopsided fascination every time they talk to you.  The one thing I differ on is that I think the need for romantic affection is often so overwhelming that it's dead easy to take who ever happens to be around and lay this trip on them.  I remember reading a creepy letter to an agony aunt from a woman in the Orkneys who'd fallen in love with her cousin.  The response was basically leave the fucking Orkneys.

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 01:03:25 AM
It's a huge shit-flinging fuckfest that happened in the YouTube beauty/makeup community, I wouldn't bother really. I did, because I'm mad and I love this shit.

Same here, I find it fascinating. I was discussing it with my 18 year old daughter the other night for over an hour as her boyfriend looked at me with pity.

I'm hugely disappointed that Tati's subs haven't fallen as fast as they were gained in the last 48hrs.

madhair60

Barry, have you been following the ProJared situation? Primo YouTube drama.

Buelligan

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 22, 2019, 10:13:30 AM
I get you.  That's why I said earlier it's almost like you're overlaying all this dreamt up shit onto a poor, hapless person to the point where you're not even seeing them anymore.  It's what the Manic Pixie Dream Girl is all about.

Heheh.  You wut?

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2019, 10:55:07 AM
Same here, I find it fascinating. I was discussing it with my 18 year old daughter the other night for over an hour as her boyfriend looked at me with pity.

I'm hugely disappointed that Tati's subs haven't fallen as fast as they were gained in the last 48hrs.

The last I saw, the waiter had gone off the deep end and was posting his own nudes, then claiming to be hacked...!?

Quote from: madhair60 on May 22, 2019, 11:18:43 AM
Barry, have you been following the ProJared situation? Primo YouTube drama.

A bit, yeah :-) not so much since it resurfaced though, it seems to have got a lot messier of late, with things rebounding on Heidi. I'd never heard of ProJared before it started.

I did nearly start threads, but figured there wouldn't be much interest.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Buelligan on May 22, 2019, 11:26:18 AM

Heheh.  You wut?

No idea what you're getting at.  What am I s'posed to be projecting again? 

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
The last I saw, the waiter had gone off the deep end and was posting his own nudes, then claiming to be hacked...!?

A bit, yeah :-) not so much since it resurfaced though, it seems to have got a lot messier of late, with things rebounding on Heidi. I'd never heard of ProJared before it started.

I love a bit of YouTube drama, feel free next time.

Barry Admin

Okay! I sometimes think of making a dedicated space for it on here, and for that kind of internetty stuff. Might be worth experimenting with.

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 11:48:05 AM
Okay! I sometimes think of making a dedicated space for it on here, and for that kind of internetty stuff. Might be worth experimenting with.

I saw you moved the YouTube thread from Technology to Picture Box, it's difficult to know where to put it.

Endicott

Quote from: Buelligan on May 22, 2019, 11:26:18 AM
Heheh.  You wut?

FWIW I thought it made sense. Mind you I always have to look up Manic Pixie Dream Girl because I can never remember the definition.

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 22, 2019, 10:13:30 AM
I remember reading a creepy letter to an agony aunt from a woman in the Orkneys who'd fallen in love with her cousin.  The response was basically leave the fucking Orkneys.

Made me laugh. Reminds me of how I used to read the Sun's agony aunt column for titillation when I was visiting my Nan in my early teens. I happened across it again the other day while waiting for a takeaway, I am convinced that at the very least the main story is made up, if not all of them.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2019, 11:58:03 AM
I saw you moved the YouTube thread from Technology to Picture Box, it's difficult to know where to put it.

Ahh ok. I keep wanting Technology to be only a gaming forum, then people end up posting about headphones and stuff because of the misleading forum name. It doesn't seem it's ever really going to take off as a gaming forum, maybe I'll think about rearranging the place a bit.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 12:09:54 PM
Ahh ok. I keep wanting Technology to be only a gaming forum, then people end up posting about headphones and stuff because of the misleading forum name. It doesn't seem it's ever really going to take off as a gaming forum, maybe I'll think about rearranging the place a bit.

Can't you straight-up rename it to Gaming? All the other tech stuff would probably just naturally trickle over into General.

Barry Admin

Gaming is an even shitter name, at least "Technology" is a Brass Eye reference. I hate coming up with titles for threads and forums, hate it.

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 12:09:54 PM

I think PB is a better choice for the YouTube thread.

madhair60

How about "Chronic the Drug Wasp" or something else from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b71K-c8R63k

Edit: which I've just noticed you uploaded.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 12:14:55 PM
Gaming is an even shitter name, at least "Technology" is a Brass Eye reference. I hate coming up with titles for threads and forums, hate it.

Speak Your Games?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Sin Agog on May 21, 2019, 09:02:30 AM
You're acting like falling in lust is a Machiavellian move.  It's usually something your body's already primed you for through no fault of your own, directing its love scope on whoever happens to be around, coating them with dozens of layers of imagination until the poor, unrecognisable creature underneath can barely breath.  So long as you're not acting on anything, you might as well milk that teen energy reserve while you can, as it's quite a rare thing, and beats the usual malaised ah'ing at some shite Radio 4 scripted comedy that we call living.

I got the distinct impression that the only reason that ffs didn't act on anything, was because the lass didn't make a move on him, much to his eternal disappointment.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2019, 11:31:38 AM

I only just heard about this via this thread and I'm subscribed to ProJared's YouTube channel, so I would have been down with it having its own separate thread.  At first, I thought this was going to be another occasion where I would feel the need to unsubscribe from a favoured content provider, due to an uneasy conflict with my own morality (à la JonTron) but upon further reading, I'm Pro-ProJared, so to speak.  Heidi is a textbook abuser.

wait I haven't kept up with this what did Heidi do?

direct me to the tea

nevermind i found it and holy shit it is messy

Barry Admin

Quote from: St_EddieHeidi is a textbook abuser.

Her use of triangulation makes me inclined to agree.

I'll gather the info together and start a new thread

Barry Admin

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on May 22, 2019, 08:30:04 PM
I'll gather the info together and start a new thread

Nice one, thanks!