Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Rewatching Peep Show, the episode where they're on Superhans' straight edge stag do at the juice bar. A jug of lager is delivered to the table in error and he yells "no mate, no! No." and the speed at which he switches to, "just to wet the whistle?"

Has a sip and, "mm, is quite refreshing."

What happens next is obvious but that little 15 seconds or so is totally perfect.

petril

Stewart Lee's conspiracy board just having the title The People That Said That

Sebastian Cobb

The "can you get sick drinking piss?" line always properly tickles me in Kingpin. Just comes out of nowhere.

Sebastian Cobb

And the powercut "you bald bastard, I'll cut your eyes out", reveal as the lights come back on he's clutching a bowling ball.

druss

Rewatching Limmy's show and the episode where the father and son go to visit the town where the son's favourite TV show was filmed is full of small little moments but my favourite is right at the end when the "tour guide" is asking for the bloke's PIN number and the guide says "don't make me hurt him". Absolutely piss myself at that.

bgmnts

Probably not an extremely small moment but in Limmy show it's the extension of the pinky finger in Paracide.

Twilkes

Just noticed that the movie that the disgusting/delicious lesbian kiss is being filmed as a part of is called "Right Up Inside".

petril

very personal, slightly meta and unintended but:

when the transphobic 6'5 Irish cis act played the Scottish Parliament and got a smaller audience and worse response than the 6'5 Irish trans act who'd played there several years ago

personal because I'm the second one and that kinda cleared a lot of my transphobia-releated doomythoughts I've been having for a long while. why would I care about someone who's had a life doing comedy, hates me, but is now worse than me at it?

Glebe

Didn't actually lol but the last time I watched that cracking Blankety Blank Comic Relief sketch (see current av!) SerafinoWogan's "You're skatin' on thing ice, Rushton!" really stuck me!

ColinPopshed

In The Office, when David types 'sex fetish' into the browser, his little faux-indignant "uuurgh" just before he says 'Dutch girls..." always makes me laugh.

The Late Mike Morris

Quote from: Glebe on October 01, 2023, 08:42:35 AMDidn't actually lol but the last time I watched that cracking Blankety Blank Comic Relief sketch (see current av!) SerafinoWogan's "You're skatin' on thing ice, Rushton!" really stuck me!

So many great bits but I always find it weird that Wogan's withering 'you're such a prick' response to Freddie Starr's tiresome wackiness doesn't get a laugh from the audience when it's probably my favourite bit.

neveragain

Quote from: The Late Mike Morris on December 03, 2023, 12:34:01 PMSo many great bits but I always find it weird that Wogan's withering 'you're such a prick' response to Freddie Starr's tiresome wackiness doesn't get a laugh from the audience when it's probably my favourite bit.

The audience don't seem into it at all, which given the general quality of Comic Relief at the time (not as bad as now but still) probably makes sense.

kalowski

Just started rewatching The Wrong Mans (Baynton, Corden).
There was a little moment in episode 2 where Matthew Baynton covered up the hostage groaning and I laughed so much I seriously believe I was close to stopping breathing. We had to pause the show for 5 minutes.

kalowski

When the stage light pops in Young Frankenstein - during the Puttin' in the Ritz section - Gene Wilder tries to keep the show going by counting "5, 6, 7, 8" and doing a fast shoe shuffle.
It's a wonderful moment.

The Mollusk

In the Palestinian Chicken episode of Curb, I think it's when Larry meets Jeff and Funkhauser outside the restaurant, Funkman turns up in his yarmulke and cheerfully greets them with a warm "Shalom!" and it's fucking hilarious. That bloke was a comic genius.

Mobius

Probably the best episode of curb

Yarmulke alert!

"Leib, Son of Nat"

The Mollusk

Quote from: Mobius on February 19, 2024, 07:50:25 AMProbably the best episode of curb

Yarmulke alert!

"Leib, Son of Nat"

"Don't bring my father into this"

DrGreggles

I've been doing a Ghosts rewatch and one bit in s3 or s4 really tickled me.

Alison is shouting at all the ghosts, and the camera cuts to each ghost's face for a 2 second reaction shot.
Pat, then Thomas, then Fanny, then to Sir Humphrey's headless body, then Julian...

horse_renoir

Rewatching Arrested Development; The 'What Would Saddam Do' collage was fantastic on its own, but the chaser line

Quote"I defaced a rare book to get that picture of Saddam Hussein in a bathing suit."

Had me in stitches the more I thought about it.

ssstuart

Underturd

Sebastian Cobb

Will's incredulous 'he's got keys!?' after Emma breaks up with Ollie and tells him to leave his keys on the side in one of the Thick of It specials.

amateur

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2024, 12:48:35 PMWill's incredulous 'he's got keys!?' after Emma breaks up with Ollie and tells him to leave his keys on the side in one of the Thick of It specials.

Will in TTOI seems like a direct inspiration for Jonah in Veep. This might not be a new opinion! I just noticed it!

Sonny_Jim

If they are created by the same person does that count as 'inspiration'?

Pink Gregory

At the end of the episode "Kryten" of Red Dwarf, at the beginning of the "what are you rebelling against" bit, something about the limited expressions afforded by the Kryten makeup and the sudden change in body language, but the casual way he throws down the brush and palette before "whaddaya got?" really tickles me.

Beelog

Quote from: bgmnts on September 12, 2023, 11:53:44 PMProbably not an extremely small moment but in Limmy show it's the extension of the pinky finger in Paracide.

I can't help but wonder, with the ring on that finger, whether that is actually a Fire Walk With Me reference:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bd/02/c6/bd02c68bf586efba2517e105d5eb6ee5.png

Beelog

Not officially a comedy show but, in The Sopranos, during Christopher's intervention, when it all kicks off at the end - the way that Silvio pushes the counsellor off the chair is one of my favourite little bits of visual comedy ever*

*(second only to "the taps are made of paper" - which is probably my all-time favourite visual joke ever)