Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:54:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantastic 4

Started by Head Gardener, August 04, 2015, 10:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

More gubbins, apparently:

The Shady Truth Behind Fantastic Four's Villain.

QuoteI tell you, the honest truth is [Trank] did cut a great film that you'll never see. That is a shame. A much darker version, and you'll never see it. ...  Unfortunately, I played Doom in three points: Walking down a corridor, killing the doctor and getting into the time machine, and lying on the bench. They were the only times I played Doom. Everything else was some other guy, on some other day... doing some other thing. I was infuriated that he was allowed to limp like that!

NEW PAGE CLOBBERIN' TIME.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched this tonight due to the thread bumpage and it's just a mess of a film. I have to confess to skipping bits occasionally when it got too talky or boring, partially as I'd read so much about the film beforehand so knew how things would play out. But there are elements that I liked, especially when it came to the body horror side of things when they first transform, weaponising The Thing, and Doom's murderous killspree at the facility, and it's a shame more wasn't made out of all of these parts. Unfortunately it's got some very major flaws and problems, especially on the casting front, Miles Teller is weak and unappealing as the lead (and his pep talk prior to the final big fight is frankly embarrassing), whilst Kate Mara's too cold and distant to be likeable either. It's biggest failing for me though is that after such a huge build up the big battle between the FF4 and Doom is over with ridiculously quickly, and it's a very very weak and unoriginal set piece in general. I think someone could make a great 45 minute cut out of this (especially if it ended with it looking like Doom had killed everyone!), but I'm doubtful about Trank's original edit making it a much better film, largely due to the cast but also that unforgivably rushed ending.

phantom_power

It is a very boring film in which not a lot happens and what does is ridiculous. My main though though was what the shit was Tim Heidecker doing in it?

Glebe

Glebe

Bazooka

Still not seen it, except for the bits with Tim Heidecker in.

It is a weird film. Too po-faced and boring to be hilariously bad so instead it just sort of sits there, mumbling and sometimes swiping at the air.
Trank also seems to think casting charisma-free actors and filming everything in muted colours is a good idea for a superhero film based on one of the most colourful and larger than life superhero teams. This is one that Marvel Studios must be clamouring to reboot.