Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Empire's Top Worst Movie Poll of All Time.

Started by Glebe, June 18, 2017, 05:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf Lundgren

It's a lot of films that people think should be great films. It's sort of why I don't mind there being shite like Captain America: Civil War on there because at least I feel that that is somebody's genuine opinion even if it is a rubbish opinion.

greenman

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on June 19, 2017, 06:13:45 PM
It's a lot of films that people think should be great films. It's sort of why I don't mind there being shite like Captain America: Civil War on there because at least I feel that that is somebody's genuine opinion even if it is a rubbish opinion.

Honestly I find exactly what recent stuff people put on these lists more interesting than the predictable classics even if its mostly limited to blockbusters. A top 100 post millennium films would probably be more interesting for that reason.

Mr Brightside

What is the best film to deter my rivals?

Gwen Taylor on ITV

Quote from: Mr Brightside on June 19, 2017, 08:47:34 PM
What is the best film to deter my rivals?

Nazi cumdumpsters must die IV, in many ways superior to the original trilogy.

armful

The Dark Knight at number 3 ???? The Michael Keaton Batman is much  better than the Dark Knight.

Also  Jaws is the best film of all time.

greenman

Quote from: armful on June 22, 2017, 08:34:45 PM
The Dark Knight at number 3 ???? The Michael Keaton Batman is much  better than the Dark Knight

The Dark Knight in surprising well regarded shocker?

armful

Quote from: greenman on June 22, 2017, 08:35:42 PM
The Dark Knight in surprising well regarded shocker?

I just think its a bit gash. With Emo joker.

biggytitbo

The big problem with the Dark Knight is there was only one Batman in it. That's at least 7 Batmans too little.

Dr Rock

Glebe

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 22, 2017, 10:58:48 PMThe big problem with the Dark Knight is there was only one Batman in it. That's at least 7 Batmans too little.

You should have seen the eighth Batman. Mincing ponce.

armful

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 22, 2017, 11:14:19 PM
How is he emo?

Movies are down to perception.  My perception of the below rant is its the kind of thing I can imagine some My chemical Romance fan rolling out to his mates while drunk at our local rock  pub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEMykHq96A

I am probably being a little unfair to the performance as I don't like the film, but that just my perception.

Back to the list . no  way is The Dark Knight better than Jaws. 

biggytitbo

Jaws is the best shark based film, the Dark Batman is the best Batman based film. Comparing them seems a bit silly.

armful

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 23, 2017, 08:37:19 AM
Jaws is the best shark based film, the Dark Batman is the best Batman based film. Comparing them seems a bit silly.

I guess I am just comparing them in the context  of the Empire list, but you make a good  point  :-)

biggytitbo

If there was a Bat-Shark or a Shark-Bat in either film then game on though.

colacentral

Then the Adam West Batman should be above both of them, featuring The Joker, a shark, and the anti-shark bat spray.

greenman

Quote from: biggytitbo on June 23, 2017, 09:01:58 AM
If there was a Bat-Shark or a Shark-Bat in either film then game on though.

A Shat or a Bark?

Gulftastic

Quote from: colacentral on June 26, 2017, 05:00:06 PM
Then the Adam West Batman should be above both of them, featuring The Joker, a shark, and the anti-shark bat spray.

Shark-repellent Bat Spray.

Stop getting Batman wrong.

It's part of a set

colacentral

I almost looked it up to check. Couldn't be arsed.