Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,806
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie and other terrible 80's kids films

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 07, 2017, 01:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

It's a shame. The original idea of Spaced Invaders, that Orson Welles was right in 1938 without knowing, is a neat one. Which the film then squanders for unfunny wackiness and XTREEEEEEME alien shenanigans.

Steven

A few 80s films I barely remember but enjoyed as a kid, but have probably have aged terribly by now -  BMX Bandits, starring the young Nicole Kidman.

Little Spies, a group of kids are trained military tactics in a disused carnival by hermit Mickey Rooney in order to rescue a dog from the pound (includes the old dodge of taking a photograph of an empty corridor and sticking it in front of the pound security camera.)

The English dub of the French Canadian film The Dog Who Stopped The War.

SavageHedgehog

I feel The Monster Squad deserves the status The Goonies (IMO undeservedly) has, probably just as well it doesn't though, because then we'd all be sick of it.

Spaced Invaders probably doesn't hold up, but I have a place for it in my heart after it became a family favourite when I bought an ex-rental copy of it (my first ex-rental I believe) from our local Video Store when I was 9. Not saying the adult members of my family (Grandparents in their late 60s then, mother and uncle in their late 30s) had impeccable taste, but they were not shy at turning their noses up at some of the films we watched back then (or indeed, since).