Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"F**k my Hat, I didn't know that!" Amazing things you've only just found out

Started by daf, December 14, 2017, 08:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Quote from: Special K on January 01, 2018, 11:38:47 AM
The singer of the theme song from "Weird Science" is Danny Elfman, who wrote the theme tune to The Simpsons and many others.

And his band was the excellent Oingo Boingo (formerly The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo)

From the Overrated Artworks thread in regard to Edvard Munch's painting "The Scream"

From Twit 2 "It's a common misconception to think the scream of the title is the man screaming when in fact it is the landscape around him screaming (hence the title The Scream of Nature), which is why he's covering his ears. If you've ever had a mixed episode on an oppressive day it makes sense."

Thanks Twit 2

shh

That annoying Meerkat and Geoff the first time cottager from Monkey Dust are voiced by the same person. I'm easily amazed.

Twed

Can I amaze you more? It's also Michael from I'm Alan Partridge.

bgmnts

My hamster manspreads when he eats. Big bollocks out and all. Don't know if he's a proper lazy cunt or if all rodents do this.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Twed on January 06, 2018, 02:10:58 AM
Can I amaze you more? It's also Michael from I'm Alan Partridge.

Oh my grubbety gosh. Sad Clive and Georgie Michael the same person. No way.

MikeShaft

The theme tune from Neighbours was written by the same man who wrote Petula Clark's Downtown.

Fambo Number Mive

Airport bars are currently exempt from legislation governing when they can sell alcohol. I suppose that's because flights get in round the clock, but I can imagine it causes some issues. BBC report that the government want to restrict airport bars like other UK pubs/bars

Pseudopath

Quote from: MikeShaft on January 06, 2018, 07:30:08 PM
The theme tune from Neighbours was written by the same man who wrote Petula Clark's Downtown.

Tony Hatch did the themes to Crossroads, Emmerdale, Mr & Mrs and Sportsnight too.

zomgmouse

Icehaven

Tanks have rudimentary cooking and sleeping facilities, toilets, and hot running water, and you can effectively live in them for a bit.

steve98

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 07, 2018, 09:48:00 AM
The entire population of the world could fit in Texas.

Last I hear'd it was Cornwall (and before that the Isle Of Man) - Where next(?)

Steven

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 07, 2018, 09:48:00 AM
The entire population of the world could fit in Taxis.

Problem is most of them wouldn't go south of equator this time of night.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: icehaven on January 07, 2018, 09:55:33 AM
Tanks have rudimentary cooking and sleeping facilities, toilets, and hot running water, and you can effectively live in them for a bit.

It must get pretty unpleasant when the immersion heater gets turned on though.

Former Bucks's Fizz and current Dancing on Icer Cheryl Baker's real name is Rita Crudgington.

Icehaven

Quote from: Isnt Anything on January 07, 2018, 08:04:48 PM
It must get pretty unpleasant when the immersion heater gets turned on though.

Whole thing heats up and glows like a beacon. Bit of a design fault given their main purpose.

Famous Mortimer

Cerys

Quote from: Twit 2 on December 22, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
Dolphins like getting stoned by passing round a puffer fish:

https://youtu.be/iVqObIauPJA

Is that why we used to say 'fish' when we were ready to pass the spliff?

Cerys

Quote from: biggytitbo on January 01, 2018, 09:05:32 AM
The founder of yodel died in a plane crash but his body was found 2 miles away from the crash site in a bush.

+10

hamfist

Paul Calf

Dapper Laughs is in Celebrity Big Brother. This might be one for the Obvious Things thread but it's pretty fucking amazing. Do they have no shame or self-esteem?

zomgmouse

Quote from: steve98 on January 07, 2018, 10:00:03 AM
Last I hear'd it was Cornwall (and before that the Isle Of Man) - Where next(?)

Yeah but they need a bit of room to walk around.

MikeShaft

Brand new, fresh off the press astonishment from me.

The little arrow next to the pump:

tells you which side of the car the petrol hole is! Fuck my hat! Why did no one ever tell me this?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 07, 2018, 01:23:03 AM
Tony Hatch did the themes to Crossroads, Emmerdale, Mr & Mrs and Sportsnight too.

And Wings did a cover version of Crossroads too, which is excellent.

zomgmouse

"Grinch", as in the Dr Seuss character who is grumpy, comes from the French "grincheux", meaning... "grumpy".