Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Covid app just buzzed me saying I'm a close contact and to isolate, but the notification said 28th of December and I'm told this with 3 days to go?

Have tested regularly and right now I'm negative so apparently under the new rules i'm free to go at this stage but I'm pretty bloody worried that I'm getting this news a week late having been around elderly relatives. Am i going to prison?

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on January 05, 2022, 01:48:52 AMCovid app just buzzed me saying I'm a close contact and to isolate, but the notification said 28th of December and I'm told this with 3 days to go?

Have tested regularly and right now I'm negative so apparently under the new rules i'm free to go at this stage but I'm pretty bloody worried that I'm getting this news a week late having been around elderly relatives. Am i going to prison?

I had something similar back in the summer. The person you came into contact with had symptoms on (or before) the 28th but didn't get tested for whatever reason until the weekend (if they took a postal test) or Monday/yesterday if it they got tested at a centre.

Could just be that they had mild cold symptoms on the 28th, didn't think much of it, took a lateral flow on Monday as they were going back to work/school, and that prompted them to get a PCR done. Could be they had symptoms, took multiple lateral flows that came back negative and thought "nah, this isn't right" and eventually did a PCR. Could be that they suspected they had COVID, decided they weren't going to have their Christmas break ruined so waited until afterwards to get tested. Could be innocent, could be a massive cunt. You'll never know.

Steven88

I've just tested positive, could feel cold like symptoms coming on all day yesterday, at the minute i've got a bit of a tickly throat, yesterday I had a bit of a headache and slight cough hopefully that will be as bad as it gets.
I'm classed as vulnerable due to being disabled and i'm also a fat git so it could get very dodgy if I got it bad.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 05, 2022, 10:34:19 AMI had something similar back in the summer. The person you came into contact with had symptoms on (or before) the 28th but didn't get tested for whatever reason until the weekend (if they took a postal test) or Monday/yesterday if it they got tested at a centre.

Could just be that they had mild cold symptoms on the 28th, didn't think much of it, took a lateral flow on Monday as they were going back to work/school, and that prompted them to get a PCR done. Could be they had symptoms, took multiple lateral flows that came back negative and thought "nah, this isn't right" and eventually did a PCR. Could be that they suspected they had COVID, decided they weren't going to have their Christmas break ruined so waited until afterwards to get tested. Could be innocent, could be a massive cunt. You'll never know.

makes sense, cheers. I'm going to go with "massive cunt".

kalowski

So, if someone fancies working at home for a week (if their business pays them) they can falsify an LFD test. Simply because the government don't have enough PCR tests.

mothman

shoulders

Quote from: kalowski on January 05, 2022, 10:04:20 PMSo, if someone fancies working at home for a week (if their business pays them) they can falsify an LFD test. Simply because the government don't have enough PCR tests.

And because it's still government instruction to do so where possible, that shouldn't be needed.

If anyone is in a situation where they can work from home but is struggling having their employer agree to this tell them they are breaking the rules and can be reported.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: shoulders on January 06, 2022, 02:08:42 PMIf anyone is in a situation where they can work from home but is struggling having their employer agree to this tell them they are breaking the rules and can be reported.
Reported to who? And would anything actually happen?

shoulders

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on January 06, 2022, 08:58:25 PMReported to who? And would anything actually happen?

Sorry but that is verging on 'with what hand should I wipe my arse'.

kalowski

Quote from: shoulders on January 06, 2022, 10:09:26 PMSorry but that is verging on 'with what hand should I wipe my arse'.
Isn't the answer "Neither. Use toilet paper"?

brassmonkey

Quote from: shoulders on January 06, 2022, 10:09:26 PMSorry but that is verging on 'with what hand should I wipe my arse'.

Seems a legit question. The HSE don't give a fuck:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/hse-refuses-to-close-workplaces-that-are-putting-employees-at-risk

Anecdotally plenty of employers are either pulling the "remote working doesn't offer the same opportunity for problem solving" as though the office was a 19th century salon rather than a workhouse with fluorescent lighting, or flat out forcing staff back in because it's cheaper/easier/the CEO gets lonely and there are no repercussions.

shoulders

Quote from: brassmonkey on January 07, 2022, 05:40:00 PMSeems a legit question. The HSE don't give a fuck:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/14/hse-refuses-to-close-workplaces-that-are-putting-employees-at-risk

Anecdotally plenty of employers are either pulling the "remote working doesn't offer the same opportunity for problem solving" as though the office was a 19th century salon rather than a workhouse with fluorescent lighting, or flat out forcing staff back in because it's cheaper/easier/the CEO gets lonely and there are no repercussions.

Oh I didn't say that employers were complying or necessarily even would do if pressed, but the question was about who to go to and will anything happen.
... A question that seems absent of any sense of agency or initiative.

Currently, in England anyway, the government have told workers to work from home if they can. If you know you can, right from the off, there should be no objections from employers and they should be directed immediately to this.

brassmonkey

Quote from: shoulders on January 07, 2022, 05:47:11 PMOh I didn't say that employers were complying or necessarily even would do if pressed, but the question was about who to go to and will anything happen.
... A question that seems absent of any sense of agency or initiative.

Currently, in England anyway, the government have told workers to work from home if they can. If you know you can, right from the off, there should be no objections from employers and they should be directed immediately to this.

Hey guys! Come look at this rat, stuck in this trap. Where's his agency? Where's his initiative?

shoulders

Quote from: brassmonkey on January 07, 2022, 07:06:48 PMHey guys! Come look at this rat, stuck in this trap. Where's his agency? Where's his initiative?

🙈 Yawn

Steven88

I finally tested negative today, it's 12 days since I first tested positive.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Steven88 on January 16, 2022, 11:08:05 PMI finally tested negative today, it's 12 days since I first tested positive.

In that case I think it's ruddy marvellous that mandatory isolation could end in a matter of weeks.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/17/all-covid-restrictions-in-england-could-end-in-march-under-no-10-plans