Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn to oppose compulsory vaccines/vaccine passports.

Started by Dusty Substance, December 14, 2021, 07:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

You got em, buddy.

Where will the madness end?

I said the same thing to my mate when he said he was going to collect his asthma prescription.

I was like AGAIN?!

🎃🎃🎃

flotemysost

Yeah I thought boosters were a fairly standard thing with a lot of vaccines. The rabies vaccine is three doses for full protection, and as far as I know that doesn't last forever. Obviously in the UK you'd only need to get that if you were travelling somewhere rabies is prevalent, and you'd need to make sure you were up-to-date for every trip - I know someone who's had to get 2 courses of it because of multiple trips years apart - but covid IS prevalent here, so it makes sense.

I will add, I know quite a few people who've been delivering covid vaccines throughout this year as part of their line of work (in the UK), and as far as I know not one of them has any reason to be pushing some sort of political agenda for the current government. Quite the opposite given the way they've been treated over the last couple of years, as much as I'm sure they loved all the pots and pans.

I know no one (apart from some complete cranks perhaps) is saying that nurses are in cahoots with the government, but all the NHS staff I know really earnestly stress the importance of getting as much of the population as possible vaccinated against covid, and they're pretty obviously not saying it out of some kind of ideological solidarity with Boris or any of that lot, they're saying it because they've seen first hand that it makes sense.

Old Thrashbarg

Anyone able to be vaccinated who chooses not to be is willingly increasing the chances of tens/hundreds/thousands of people become seriously ill and/or dying. I don't think there's much of an argument to be made for choosing that course of action.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 16, 2021, 07:04:56 PMThose that are pro booster number 3... how pro booster no. 4 will they be when the March 2022 variant arrives?

Very. And I think, given what we know so far about waning immunity, boosters would be offered for many even if no other variant of concern emerged.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dusty Substance on December 14, 2021, 07:18:42 PMNaturally, this has resulted in a lot of division on Twitter.

This is reminding me of the time Reddit broke after Elon Musk insulted Bernie Sanders.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 16, 2021, 07:04:56 PMThose that are pro booster number 3... how pro booster no. 4 will they be when the March 2022 variant arrives?

ZING

I dunno tho really it's possible that I might become a massively selfish cunt in between boosters 3 and 4 none of us can tell the future.

Cuellar

100%

I don't understand the question.

Cuellar

mothman

What do you mean, I need to eat food ever again?