Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

101 things to do before you die

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, February 15, 2012, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

Joke responses are welcomed, but serious ones would be good, too because I might steal them and add them to my list of things I will never achieve before I am become dust and bone.  Hooray!

Before I die, it is my ambition to...

1) Meet an elephant.  Not just a shake of the trunk, but a proper introduction.  I want to feed one and give it a stroke. Swap numbers, maybe.  But it's a genuine ambition.  I love them so much, even seeing them on TV makes me feel awestruck.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

3)  Go in an red fire engine and wear the yellow helmet they has on.

BlodwynPig

Treguard of Dunshelm

5) Have a medium-term relationship with a woman with really big breasts, so I can have a good play with them.

6) Perform at a live gig. This actually looks like it might happen this year.

7) Fall in love again. This does not have to happen with the big-titted lady from 5 (or any chestily-gifted female), although it would be nice if it happens either with her, or afterwards.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

8) I'd like to see the Northern Lights (the Southern would be fine as well, but they're further away.)

Santa's Boyfriend

9) Walk on the moon, then declare it was "not all I'd hoped for"

danyulx

10) Get obsessed with again and get back into lucid dreaming. Much more obsessively this  time.

danyulx

11) Remain celibate.

12) Climb some mountain or something,

Cerys

13) Everyone should shave their heads at least once in their lives.  Just for the hell of it.

Dead kate moss

14. Shoot some slags and a copper, then hide until Gazza brings you some KFC.

Replies From View

15)  Do that thing I keep thinking of.  The smallest effort possible to ruin my own day.  Like shoving a policeman, or repeatedly whacking a driver's hands off their steering wheel.

homesickalien

16) cycle and travel for next 10 years

dr_christian_troy

17. To see the view of a vast city at night, from the veranda of a good apartment , while the mellower parts of the Blade Runner soundtrack play in the background, while in the company of someone who I love.

Or something.

danyulx

18. Die before I die.

(I'm talking in a very Zen Buddhist/Enlightened/Eckhart Tolle and Co./Full-Blown Ego Death sort of way here, of which thus far I've only ever had the most fleeting, transitory though timeless, blissful glimpses - the state of pure unconditioned being it-very-self, I shit you not -  only ever whilst completely off my nuts on dissociatives mind you, therefore bollocks.)

Small Man Big Horse

Ditto on the falling in love again front, and it had better happen fucking soon.

19. Get paid for performing stand up. I don't expect it to happen anytime soon, but it'd be quite nice to one day reach that level. It wouldn't have to be much, either. Just the odd £20 here and there.

20. Travel pretty much everywhere. I know I should be more precise, but I've been shite on that front and bar the countries where a) skiing is involved, and b) you might get kidnapped by randy pirates / drug dealers, there isn't anywhere I wouldn't want to go.

21. Have a fivesome. Predictable perhaps, but fuck it, it's what I want. Obviously it won't happen without punternet's aid, and a small win on the lottery (about two grand or so should do it). This is all because my sexual history is largely drab, and I want one good memory to reminisce about whilst at death's door.

22. Make a low budget film about incredibly cute talking kittens, who have to fight the greatest evil the Earth has ever faced.

23. Save someone's life.

danyulx

I think everyone's experience of "falling in love" here must've been a fuck of lot different from mine. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'd, personally, have it slap-bang at Number 1 in the '101 Things to NOT do, ever again, before you die" thread. Without thinking twice.

24. Bungee jump.

25. Parachute.

26. Save the rain forest.

27. Live with the Eskimos a few weeks.

28. Cure cancer, AIDS and heart attacks, all in one go.

29. And so on.

vrailaine

29. Develop a wide network of really cool people who dont mind me ignoring them for months at a time. I've got two so far.

30. All those things I should be doing in about 4 weeks. Don't wanna over-plan so I'm not gonna list. One of the things is "eat a banana for the first time and turn it into an event"

31. Find a way to get a driving license without having to do the kinds of testing that's required in Ireland.

32. Become good at something.

33. Make something good, ideally using the skill from 32 combined with crappy experiences from the past so that I can get some use out of them.

34. Continue to avoid a fucking ton of films until I can see them in a cinema (eg. most Kubrick and Tarkovsky)

Ginyard

35. Cultivate a patch of land with a samurai-like honour, with a view to producing a perfectly straight row of cabbages.

Barberism

36. Build a robot.
37. Sit on a couch with a gorilla.
38. Forge a sword.
39. Master the art of horse archery.
40. Become the leader of a rampaging horde.

sirhenry

Quote from: danyulx on February 16, 2012, 02:13:53 AM
18. Die before I die.
Over-rated. From my experience it just puts you off sleeping for months and pain-killers for life while imparting no insights or inner peace. Overeating pancakes or waffles until you start to hallucinate, on the other hand...
Trust me, I'm a zombie.

41. Drive across the United States of America, coast to coast.
42. Write a novel. (Not arsed if it doesn't published)

BlodwynPig

43. Finish listening to all the albums and watching all the dvds i own - not going to happen. i'll just go for a walk instead.

biggytitbo

shiftwork2

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on February 15, 2012, 10:44:19 PM
9) Walk on the moon, then declare it was "not all I'd hoped for"

Heh heh.  My mother responds to most things with a bemused "I didn't think much of it".  She'd likely say that after visiting the moon too.

ThickAndCreamy

1) Visit at least half of the countries of the world.
2) Make an album and perform / mix in some of the songs live to a decentish sized crowd.
3) Hitchhike a few thousand miles one summer (I'm probably going to try hitchhiking to Edinburgh and back later this year to start it off).

All of these seem pretty plausible for the moment.

mook

#77?

make a thing. do a thing. my thing a thing.

#78?

make a soup so good it makes a blind girl cum.

#79?

something amazing with a ceiling mounted scalextrix - IN 3D.

#80?

invent shoes with vacuum cleaners in them.

Buelligan

81.  Compete in the Paris/Dakar.

82.  Find out all the bad stuff that ever happened "was just a joke".

83.  Sell a painting (and not mind).

thenoise

84. Make a living doing something I genuinely enjoy