Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UK Gypsies

Started by Pythov, February 15, 2012, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjd2

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on February 20, 2012, 05:29:48 PM
Gypsies are really in right now arent they? last year it was fat people, before that it was community careers, and before that it was people with tourettes, but now it is definitely gypsies!

Dude is like a shitty Ric Flair! Did you see that documentary yourself? Cracking stuff I thought and something UFC and Wrestling need to learn from. We waited 9 years for a rematch, long term build at its best.

EDIT....Trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX8qcOWFr-w

For those perplexed its a Irish film more than 10 years in the making about bare knuckle fighting of travellers in Ireland. Film is critically acclaimed and was shown at Sundance.

Blumf

Quote from: icehaven on February 20, 2012, 11:34:59 PM
I've never knowingly encountered any, but might have done without knowing I suppose

They walk among us!

Hank Venture

Quote from: rjd2 on February 20, 2012, 11:42:08 PM

Dude is like a shitty Ric Flair! Did you see that documentary yourself? Cracking stuff I thought and something UFC and Wrestling need to learn from. We waited 9 years for a rematch, long term build at its best.

EDIT....Trailer...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX8qcOWFr-w

For those perplexed its a Irish film more than 10 years in the making about bare knuckle fighting of travellers in Ireland. Film is critically acclaimed and was shown at Sundance.

I saw it. It was a good documentary, but I don't know what to think of the contents.

Replies From View

momatt

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 20, 2012, 05:33:53 PM
It's difficult to tell, but is this just your view of humanity in general? If it is I think I agree.

I think gypsies come across as slightly more cunty than the rest of mankind.
But only very slightly.

BlodwynPig

I went to Wales and all I got was this lousy "gypsy horse"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17098490

Media propaganda against the Gypsies has reached the BBC.

rudi

Replies From View

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: Gradual Decline on February 20, 2012, 11:39:48 PM

god that's so hot.

Lucy Meacock bewitching me with a gypsy dance. Teasing me with her sexy moves, roll of cellophane in one hand, tube of lubrication in the other. An old man in a distant field playing a mournful gypsy folk song on his accordion, the sound brushing against us in the wind.

Quote from: rudi on February 20, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
I prefer that old lady what you fancy off of the news.

old! she's 53! The prime of sexual maturity

yokel

God damn it, we're being racist towards the roma now,are we? Well congrats, you're  in the same wheelhouse as Zizek:
http://leninology.blogspot.com/2011/01/moving-on-from-zizek-or-not.html

Saucer51

Defining a gypsy or a traveller is difficult and I suppose it's how an individual sees themselves. That said, gypsies, like any other group of people, have good and bad in their midst. I've heard good and bad tales about their conduct, I've been upset at their ploughing up trees at a local beauty spot so they could have a wider clearing. But it's fair to also point out that I've never mixed with them so can't really talk on balance. I think it's almost certain that many are maligned simply for being or being classed as, gypsies, and are probably never given a chance by mainstream society.

rudi

Quote from: yokel on February 21, 2012, 05:27:51 PM
God damn it, we're being racist towards the roma now,are we?

No, "we're" not.

Blumf

He means the royal "we're"

Buelligan

The "Prince" Philip; ancient, white, we're wolf.

Harpo Speaks

Glad to see that 'Bigger. Fatter. Gypsier.' billboard advert drawing some criticism, it left a pretty nasty taste in the mouth.

Now if people could stop discussing the show and using it a springboard for knee-jerk rage within earshot of me then I'd be a happier man.

ziggy starbucks

there has been a lot of anti-borg sentiment recently. I think people are jealous of their electronic implants and vast cube vessels.

One day we'll all be borg.

Replies From View

Borg is an anagram of Larkin.

So, make of that what you will!

Ronnie the Raincoat

Quote from: rudi on February 21, 2012, 10:34:47 AM

Tarmac your lawn, missus...?

Oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

My great-uncle's wife's family are Irish travellers and she and her husband once picked me up from my house in a cart with their clydesdales (one called Danny, after my great uncle) and gave me a lift to school.  True story.  It was bloody brilliant.

Artemis

Quote from: rudi on February 21, 2012, 10:34:47 AMTarmac your lawn, missus...?

Oh and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

I don't get it. What hilarious point are you trying to make?

rudi

Artemis

rudi

The first is a call-back to the Romulan bit further up; the other's a link to a song by a very funny (imo) couple of Irish lads about horses (note the picture of the horses you missed out in your quote).

I'm not confident either's hilarious, but I'm sure I wasn't trying to make a point. Thanks for your aggressive questioning, though; do I send you a threatening PM now or post a picture of a monkey? I'm never sure I'm doing these things right.

Artemis

Just discreetly harbour a grudge and let it manifest in a disproportionate way as part of a completely unrelated thread. Take it from me.

dr_christian_troy

Replies From View

Dead kate moss

Do you reckon they eat them?

Replies From View

RickyGerbail

it would be interesting to see a demystifing documentary about the ordinary life of gypsies

Replies From View

Travel, steal, smash stuff up, sell wonky tarmac, do a sexy dance with someone else's face, munch Romany Creams.  What else could a documentary possibly reveal?