Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,803
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is OJ Simpson really innocent?

Started by biggytitbo, February 23, 2012, 01:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treguard of Dunshelm

What you are all forgetting about OJ is that he is a rum cove.

JesusAndYourBush

I closely followed the case on TV at the time and came to the conclusion that the police thought they didn't have a strong enough case against him, and so planted/tampered with evidence in order to make their case stronger.  I think he probably did do it, but the evidence tampering muddied the issue and so the not guilty verdict was the correct one.

Replies From View

Does Armando Iannucci's signed admission from the man count for nothing?

chand

biggytitbo

The choice of knife as the murder weapon seems to be particularly poor, if as the prosecution allege the murder was premeditated. If he'd had time to plan it, it seems unlikely he'd pick such a messy, risky and unpredictable murder weapon as a knife, when he had free access to hand guns. The stats bare that out, in the US premeditated domestic murders are predominately committed with guns.

The scenario of the mentally unstable and violent Jason, who carried knives with him, going round there to have an argument with her that then turned violent seems much more credible.

biggytitbo

mr. logic

Is that Ruby Wax interview around anywhere? Only remember the last, chilling, scene.

Saucer51

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 24, 2012, 01:52:31 PM
I don;t think its important either way. The glove business was theatrics, OJ could have easily made it look like it didn't fit if he wanted and the idea that they're let him demonstrate it himself is totally absurd.

Jason had a pair of those same gloves too, I believe Nicole bought two pairs as presents for OJ and Jason.

Ok. For some reason I was thinking the Jason was Jason from Halloween - sorry, Friday the 13th - but I don't buy your theatrics angle. I thought Frank Drebin was the better cop.

Dark Sky

I bought a copy of If I Did It though never read it.  It sits shamefully on my bookshelf.  But I do think it comes to something when the man deemed innocent writes a book suggesting he did do it after all.

All famous events have conspiracy theories, of course they do. 

biggytitbo

Not much of a conspiracy theory is it? The official trial verdict is the conspiracy theory - the conspiracy of widespread police corruption due to endemic racism.

This just appears to be a fairly bog standard criminal investigation. If there's any kind of conspiracy here it involves 2 people tops.

Dark Sky

It's an Internet video you're just naively believing.  Personally corroborate every piece of evidence declared in the video with at least three other independent sources, and I might start taking it seriously :)

biggytitbo

Not sure that's how it actually works. Nobody is arguing that a complete, take to trial case has now been made. The point is that further investigation is clearly warranted because an prima facie case has been made.

BlodwynPig