Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs seem to think they're re-opening

Started by Rev+, June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

royce coolidge

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 06:25:28 PM
Is it okay for me to laugh if you get liver failure and die?

Yes,because everyone who drinks get liver failure don't they.
Grow up and stop wishing Ill on others because your life is a shitheap.

Sheffield Wednesday

bgmnts

Quote from: royce coolidge on July 02, 2020, 06:41:50 PM

Yes,because everyone who drinks get liver failure don't they.
Grow up and stop wishing Ill on others because your life is a shitheap.

Is it okay for me to laugh if you blow a gasket dumping out one of your opinions and die?

royce coolidge

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 06:44:45 PM
Is it okay for me to laugh if you blow a gasket dumping out one of your opinions and die?

You still a morbidly obese cunt then. You've probably only got months.
I won't laugh.

bgmnts

I'm not a count, no.

But yes, let the hate flow through you.

royce coolidge

Ah I see with me it's hate,so what emotion drives your horrible comments ?

Cloud

I wouldn't have much comment, as I'd be dead.

But sensible drinking is unlikely to kill
A long term amount of "not dangerous but a little excessive" might shorten life a tad, but that's fine - I could always haunt and laugh at you when you're 101 sat in your own piss trying to see the keyboard so you can eke out the long pathetic lifetime of making snide remarks at people on the internet.

bgmnts

Quote from: Cloud on July 02, 2020, 06:53:15 PM
I wouldn't have much comment, as I'd be dead.

But sensible drinking is unlikely to kill
A long term amount of "not dangerous but a little excessive" might shorten life a tad, but that's fine - I could always haunt and laugh at you when you're 101 sat in your own piss trying to see the keyboard so you can eke out the long pathetic lifetime of making snide remarks at people on the internet.

I'm glad you're so naturally sensible at drinking. 

Some people are quite sensible with guns and ketamine as well probably.

Why do you need booze to enjoy yourself anyway? Always wondered.

Cloud

ahahaha comparing drinking to guns

Jesus H

I think we can probably agree that people who can't handle their drink shouldn't drink.  Maybe there should be a license - end up hitting someone, 3 points.  Drink til you need someone else to scoop you out of a pile of vomit and lift you home, 3 points.  This would soon take care of the complete babies who have no personal responsibility and need the state to be their mum while not spoiling it for the rest of us!

And it releases endorphins or something I think?  But it's also the fun of being a little silly with other people, the actual taste of certain beers (alcohol free ones taste like shit) etc.  You should try enjoying yourself or being friendly with other people sometime, you don't know what you're missing.

dr beat

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 06:55:37 PM
I'm glad you're so naturally sensible at drinking. 

Some people are quite sensible with guns and ketamine as well probably.

Why do you need booze to enjoy yourself anyway? Always wondered.

What's your favourite non-dairy milk?

BlodwynPig

LANDLORD, there is a ruckus in the snug!

chveik

Quote from: Cloud on July 02, 2020, 07:06:03 PM
This would soon take care of the complete babies who have no personal responsibility and need the state to be their mum while not spoiling it for the rest of us!

imagine talking about people addicted to alcohol this way. you're an empathy void.

Zetetic

I wish we would ban cars.[nb]With some exemptions, yes, yes.[/nb]

bgmnts

Quote from: dr beat on July 02, 2020, 07:08:59 PM
What's your favourite non-dairy milk?

In order:

Oat,
Almond,
Coconut,
Soya.

dr beat

Yeah, I've heard Oatly is killing it right now. ;)

bgmnts

Quote from: Cloud on July 02, 2020, 07:06:03 PM
This would soon take care of the complete babies who have no personal responsibility and need the state to be their mum while not spoiling it for the rest of us!

And it releases endorphins or something I think?  But it's also the fun of being a little silly with other people, the actual taste of certain beers (alcohol free ones taste like shit) etc.  You should try enjoying yourself or being friendly with other people sometime, you don't know what you're missing.

You mean alcoholics? Jesus H.

And for those whom alcohol is a catalyst for violence? Is that silly fun? Maybe to some I suppose.

Quote from: dr beat on July 02, 2020, 07:16:48 PM
Yeah, I've heard Oatly is killing it right now. ;)

Personally I'd say you're okay with shop brand or alpro.

Cloud

Quote from: chveik on July 02, 2020, 07:11:25 PM
imagine talking about people addicted to alcohol this way. you're an empathy void.

Except we weren't talking about addicts (which you'd need a proper definition for such as a medical diagnosis), we were talking about drinking in general and people who generally enjoy it and whether they can handle themselves.  Similarly, it's possible to complain about miserable bastards without necessarily referring to people with clinical depression

The drinking license would probably nip things in the bud before someone got to the addiction point anyway

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 07:18:10 PM
You mean alcoholics? Jesus H.

And for those whom alcohol is a catalyst for violence? Is that silly fun? Maybe to some I suppose.

Nope, see above

And no, violence is not silly fun.  Believe it or not, I file that under "fucking idiots who have no self control and should lose their drinking license if they had one"

If you think alcohol is a valid reason to be violent, it's you who is the problem, not alcohol

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Drinkers: Stop having a go at hapless, teetotal bgmnts.

bgmnts: Don't target comments about dying of liver failure towards drinkers. As has already been pointed out to you, that's pretty juvenile.

There.

dr beat

Quote from: bgmnts on July 02, 2020, 07:18:10 PM

Personally I'd say you're okay with shop brand or alpro.

That's good to know. One of my 2020 goals is to get closer to nature. And cook a chicken pancetta.

Cloud

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 02, 2020, 07:25:17 PM
Drinkers: Stop having a go at hapless, teetotal bgmnts.

bgmnts: Don't target comments about dying of liver failure towards drinkers. As has already been pointed out to you, that's pretty juvenile.

There.

See, this is why the world needs centrists.  So the adult in the room can steer the conversation to the centre ground and help put a stop to the petty polarisation of drink/dry politics.

bgmnts

I'm not teetotal for the record, nor do I want anyone to suffer with liver damage or any illness.

Cloud

Enjoyable bun fight though eh?
Keeps us out of trouble.  Better on the internet than in Fambo's garden.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on June 30, 2020, 12:53:10 PM
Can't wait to get absolutely lashed up on saturday. Going to get absolutely lashed up.

Cuellar

Didn't know PEPYS was such a massive TWAT

Get the drinks in PEPYS you felon, come on weeeeeyyyyy

earl_sleek

It'd be even funnier if you died of liver failure.

At least if you had been a drinker you'd have earned it.

tourism

pubs are depressing; I'll miss not getting dragged to them.

Quote from: Cloud on July 02, 2020, 07:33:39 PM
See, this is why the world needs centrists.  So the adult in the room

not with any amount of irony sorry.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Cuellar on July 02, 2020, 10:40:30 PM
Didn't know PEPYS was such a massive TWAT

Get the drinks in PEPYS you felon, come on weeeeeyyyyy

That quote, funny as it is, is unfortunately erroneous. It originates from a Twitter parody account, not Pepys' real diary.

https://www.pepysdiary.com/news/2020/03/25/14052/

Cuellar

Blinder Data

So is ANYONE on here going to the pub tomorrow? I want to hear what's it like. We're only allowed beer gardens from Monday and considering there aren't many about and the weather is crap, I'm not expecting it to create much chaos.

A ex-serviceman's club near me has had a marquee in the garden for the past week or so, but I guess it's private so they can do what they like.