Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,798
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on April 09, 2019, 03:15:40 PM
Much as I am enjoying this Mardi Gras parade of passive aggression, I think Shoulders was just agreeing with you. Can't be sure, but it's certainly one of a number of possibilities.

I simply cannot imagine you enjoying any form of passive aggression, even if it was a Mardi Gras parade in full pancake make-up, maple syrup and feathers.  Shoulders never agrees with anyone, he just sticks his foot in the door and reminds them that they are agreeing with him, you should know that by now.

pigamus

Quote from: pancreas on April 09, 2019, 03:15:40 PM
Much as I am enjoying this Mardi Gras parade of passive aggression, I think Shoulders was just agreeing with you. Can't be sure, but it's certainly one of a number of possibilities.

I read it that way as well.

BlodwynPig

pigamus

Quote from: Replies From View on April 09, 2019, 03:19:12 PM
Well I think all old people are shit, and I have yet to be proven wrong with that.

Tom Baker is 85.

idunnosomename

pancreas

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 09, 2019, 10:26:08 PM
JESUS FUCK JESS PHILLIPS NO

It's not going to happen. Labour members are not that stupid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Supposed decent PMQs for Wor Corbz

QuoteCorbyn's line of attack was comfortable ground for a Labour leader, but his questions were consistent and coherent, and his final peroration rousing:

The evidence is clear; the Tories have abandoned communities across the country, they've left towns and cities to fend for themselves after nine years of vindictive, damaging austerity... This government stands for tax cuts for the richest and swingeing cuts for the rest.Will the prime minister now admit that far from tackling the burning injustices she talked about, her government's cruel and unfair policies have pushed councils to the brink and left those just about managing not being able to manage at all? That is her legacy.

May shot back with a series of (often half-relevant) statistics, but it can be safely chalked up as a Labour win.

Twit 2

Doesn't matter. Corbyn is a bad racist, because I saw the newsstand out of the corner of my eye when I was buying tomatoes.

Buelligan

Tomatoes in Britain are shit anyway, even the summer ones are a pale imitation.  This is not racist, simply a fact.

Paul Calf

Dutch tomatoes are also shit, and most tomatoes consumed in Britain are from The Netherlands. The Dutch themselves - no great gourmands - call them 'wooden tomatoes'. In Germany, they're known as 'water bombs'.

I don't think I've ever seen a British tomato.

honeychile

I know this is probably nothing, but i thought it unusual for Sadiq Khan who usually keeps Corbyn at arms length to be using this kind of language about "if Jeremy Corbyn was prime minister, he'd do (x)" rather than "a Labour government would do (x)":

Quote"It is a fact: we've lost a billion pounds for the Met Police service over the last eight or nine years and over the course of next year.

"We've lost hundreds of millions of pounds for youth work, education and mental health. That's causing an increase in violent crime.

"If Jeremy Corbyn was the prime minister, he would invest in public services, he would invest in more policing, he'd invest in youth work, he'd invest in the NHS, he'd invest in education," the mayor said.

"That all leads to a situation where, rather than us having to fight this with one hand tied behind our back, we'd have the support needed from central government."

Seems strange for someone who's been so lukewarm about Corbyn to personalise generic Labour values to him unnecessarily when so many others are so begrudging to do it.

Buelligan

I imagine he has reason to believe the next GE is right around the corner, too late to change horses now so understands the need to send the message out that Corbyn will make a good PM.  Understands that continuing to flirt with those who seek to undermine Corbyn at this stage in the play is only ensuring another Tory shitfest. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Given Sadiq picks his words carefully usually, that does quite stand out. A good endorsement from an influential man.

Really hope Labour stick together and nail these council elections.

holyzombiejesus

Thing is, everyone (the media, commentators, MPs) is stating that the results of the council and MEP elections are going to be completely skewed by a certain section of the electorate's disillusionment with how Brexit is going. Those same people will conveniently forget this and turn it all in to a This Doesn't Look Good For Corbyn fest. I'm sure that I saw a link on here for a new party poised to launch in May; I bet that's for a bunch of disingenuous cunts to pop up after the council elections who will proclaim how worried they are about the party's lack of progress under Corbyn.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on April 11, 2019, 09:01:18 AM
Dutch tomatoes are also shit, and most tomatoes consumed in Britain are from The Netherlands. The Dutch themselves - no great gourmands - call them 'wooden tomatoes'. In Germany, they're known as 'water bombs'.

I don't think I've ever seen a British tomato.

On the beach in Benidorm, perhaps?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 11, 2019, 01:03:15 PM
Thing is, everyone (the media, commentators, MPs) is stating that the results of the council and MEP elections are going to be completely skewed by a certain section of the electorate's disillusionment with how Brexit is going. Those same people will conveniently forget this and turn it all in to a This Doesn't Look Good For Corbyn fest. I'm sure that I saw a link on here for a new party poised to launch in May; I bet that's for a bunch of disingenuous cunts to pop up after the council elections who will proclaim how worried they are about the party's lack of progress under Corbyn.

We need to make local elections about councils and civic pride, and the destruction of the high street, where the Tories have wreaked havoc. Corbyn's PMQs bit on Wednesday suggests Labour won't be focusing on Brexit in the locals. Hopefully we'll have a few new policies to sell.

But yeah, turnout and focus on local issues will be crucial to combat the blue rinse brigade. We need youngsters to bother their arse to vote.

Absorb the anus burn

Kudos to Corbyn and Abbott for their comments on Assange's arrest... It would have been easy for them to tow the establishment line, but they have bravely stuck their head above the parapet - a simple reminder to everybody that Assange exposed US warcrimes.

greenman

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on April 12, 2019, 10:55:58 AM
Kudos to Corbyn and Abbott for their comments on Assange's arrest... It would have been easy for them to tow the establishment line, but they have bravely stuck their head above the parapet - a simple reminder to everybody that Assange exposed US warcrimes.

I'm guessing the arrest happened when it did in the hope that it would be buried under Brexit.

ZoyzaSorris

Could this and other mad neocon shit be being rushed through at the moment because of the heightened risk of a non-poodle Corbyn government in the near term?

Mr_Simnock

I would err on the side of it probably could be

greencalx

I think that most recent poll from each of the major companies puts Labour slightly ahead (even YouGov). Now polls, schmolls, but it looks to me like what's happening is that Farage is splitting the right more than Chuka is the left.

NoSleep

Chuka, of all people, has never been placed to split the left. And now he's sidelined himself.

pancreas

I suppose more of a concern is that he splits the remain vote.

greenman

Quote from: NoSleep on April 13, 2019, 01:05:02 PM
Chuka, of all people, has never been placed to split the left. And now he's sidelined himself.

He's made the terrible error of allowing large numbers of people to hear him speak.

NoSleep

NoSleep

Quote from: pancreas on April 13, 2019, 03:42:17 PM
I suppose more of a concern is that he splits the remain vote.

Let's hope it's by less than Farage divides the leave vote. I'll be voting to keep my Labour MEP.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greencalx on April 13, 2019, 01:01:26 PM
I think that most recent poll from each of the major companies puts Labour slightly ahead (even YouGov). Now polls, schmolls, but it looks to me like what's happening is that Farage is splitting the right more than Chuka is the left.

Tories in crisis and UKIP probably going to annoy Farage and the Tories by being well known and racist enough to secure a fair few votes.

UKIP were virtually a single issue party but Farage's latest effort is even more of a one-shot-one-kill operation

BlodwynPig

Could we form a CaB party? How much does it cost?

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 13, 2019, 10:08:47 PM
Could we form a CaB party? How much does it cost?

I'll put £20 towards some booze.

pancreas

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 13, 2019, 10:35:17 PM
I'll put £20 towards some booze.

We'll need it if we have a chance of starting one.