Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

If you surgically swapped one cat's tail with another cat's tail, do you reckon they'd still be able to balance?  Or would they wobble like fuck?

The Mollusk

I was gonna clean the bathroom after my breakfast but if you're really that desperate for answers I can switch my schedule up.

Cerys

steve98

Quote from: Cerys on September 04, 2020, 09:17:00 AM
If you surgically swapped one cat's tail with another cat's tail, do you reckon they'd still be able to balance?  Or would they wobble like fuck?

No, they'd be ok. But if you grafted a cat's tail onto a Manx cat's (called Eddie) eh rudimentary stump, it'd be like: Jesus Christ! Check out my amazing balancing skills here - Steady fucking Eddie me.

Captain Crunch

The worst thing is seeing a cat in one of those medical neck cone lampshade things, heartbreaking. 

The Mollusk

I dunno, I've seen a cat fall into a baseball pitching machine and then get launched out screaming and the batter saw a panicked animal with deadly claws and teeth flying towards him and instinctively swung and smashed its brains out in mid-air. I'd argue that's worst than seeing one in a medical head cone.

Mr_Simnock

The Mollusk

Attila

I had to live with my rather toxic mother for two years before I moved over here to the UK, and during that time I rescued and adopted the cat who became The Beans. My mother was constantly stepping on her, tripping over her, kicking her out of the way -- not out of malice, but just carelessness.

Poor old Beans had a crook in her tail towards the end of it, from where my mother trod square on it and broke it one day, fuck's sake.

Hope degloved & tipped kitty recovers soon!

All three of ours had to be wrangled to the vet's yesterday for their annual jabs, and of course all acted as if they were being crated up to go off to the glue factory, howling and yowling like maniacs in the car. Some of the sounds that came out of them! The three came to us together from the same former home, and we really do wonder what they must have gone through in that situation (we were told only that there was a lot of neglect) with some of their reactions to things.

Mad Vince on the other hand was such a terror at the vet's that they'd generally have three people in the room to hold him down for his bloodwork and stuff. He loved his basket, as well -- despite frequent trips to the vet (he was quite ill the last autumn we had him), he was aimable about climbing in, and would actually play and sleep in it when it wasn't being used as a carrier.

Mr_Simnock

Hand Solo

It's trying to get itself in with you.

imitationleather

Clive is back from his amputation and is now sporting a very fetching and shaved micro-tail.

He wouldn't take his medication last night, which meant he (and us) didn't get any sleep because he was pacing around all night long in clear distress. We just got him to take today's dose by mixing it with loads and loads of Dreamies. After a few minutes he was stumbling about, and was then so smacked off his tits that he went through the window of his cat house instead of the door. Sound asleep now, thank fuck.

The operation ended up costing twelve times the amount the cat did. Sorry Clive, that's your college fund all spent. You're going to have to lower your expectations now.

shiftwork2

I'm glad it's sorted - your post was a tough read, poor fella.

The Mollusk

mobias

Quote from: imitationleather on September 05, 2020, 06:11:21 PM

The operation ended up costing twelve times the amount the cat did.

Thats always the way. Poor Clive. I'm sure he's worth every penny of it though. My Mum's old cat Tom had to have his tail amputated. It gave him a distinguished look in the long run. I'm sure Clive will grow into his new look.

bgmnts

Celebrity Cat Time!

Jones:

Church

Tao

Cerys

Snuggles for Clive.  He is a brave puss.

bgmnts

Saw this in my phone gallery today and missed my boy.

The cute dead fuck.

Pancake

Used to love cats but I've got a big bastard garden now and they shit on it and eat the baby toads in the rockery so now I dislike them

The Mollusk

Cleo having a good old stare out the window like

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

The Mollusk

I love the quizzical furrowed brow of the chap on the left. "Another photo? Really? I'm just sitting down."

imitationleather

Very cute, mobias.

Clive is recovering well from his big op. At first he kept taking his cone off and licking his new shortened tail like mad. I was worried he was going to end up with a horrible sore on it as it was getting very red. However after a check-up at the vet he was given a smaller one and now I think he actually likes wearing it. He keeps chasing his sister around and she's absolutely terrified of it.

Can't believe what a drama the whole degloving thing has been. For a few nights I was actually a bit traumatised about it and was finding it even more difficult to get to sleep than usual. Seeing a pet you really care loads about badly injured is horrific.

steve98

Quote from: mobias on September 12, 2020, 06:03:58 PM
My two boys

Ronny & Reggie yeah? Am I right? Haha, bet I am; soon as I saw them I thought: It's the bloomin' Krays!

imitationleather

I've thought similar about my twins in the past:

I don't think my two have been having sex on the sly like the real Krays, though.

steve98

To be honest Leather, I can't see it. They look like a couple of louche bum-boys presenting tonight's Terence Conran (RIP Sir Terry) retrospective on Ch5. About as hard as wobblin'' blancmange.