Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:06:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

JUDAS PRIEST

Started by madhair60, March 25, 2024, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

new album out, it's pretty good

but PAINKILLER, now PAINKILLER..!!!!

iamcoop

madhair60

didnt put artist in thread title + bgmnts thread

iamcoop

madhair60

on that, we can agree!!! even if, nothing else - ever

Butchers Blind

I like that track they did about the time they broke the law.

iamcoop

The old drummer they had who got done for noncing - did he nonce or not?

He was convicted but I've read some accounts that claim he got stitched up pretty badly, leading to a bit of a tragic existence and death if that is the case.

So was he really Breaking the Law or did the feds go in All Guns Blazing ultimately leaving his family Screaming for Vengeance?

The Mollusk

Can I shock you? I like this music made by men with guitars

dontpaintyourteeth

never listened to them

iamcoop

You know how Halford is known to ride a motorcycle onto the stage?

Fun Fact

Rob Halford doesn't have a licence to ride a motorcycle! This is due to him ploughing his Honda Goldwing Tricycle into a school resulting in four deaths and leaving one PE teacher with life changing injuries.

dontpaintyourteeth

idunnosomename

Quote from: iamcoop on March 25, 2024, 04:47:24 PMThe old drummer they had who got done for noncing - did he nonce or not?

He was convicted but I've read some accounts that claim he got stitched up pretty badly, leading to a bit of a tragic existence and death if that is the case.

So was he really Breaking the Law or did the feds go in All Guns Blazing ultimately leaving his family Screaming for Vengeance?
The whole episode was very weird and rather sad. I feel it's best not to just denigrate him as a paedo.

The other thing is Holland was clearly hired for a straight-forward drummer replacing Les Binks to try and get them big success as a NWOBHM act, which did work, until they wanted to speed up a bit. Really the only albums he performed properly on were British Steel, Point of Entry and Screaming for Vengeance. Obviously Turbo and Ram it Down are largely programmed drums, but even Defenders is at least triggered, if not also partly programmed.

His drumming on the Screaming record is top-notch even if he wasn't up to doing double-bass stuff like Hard as Iron, and why they pushed him out to get Scott Travis from Racer X in.