Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The new "What Stand Up Have You Seen Lately?" thread

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 16, 2016, 08:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Saw Seymour Mace do 25 minutes above a pub to about 30 people a couple of weeks ago and he (as usual) had me absolutely howling with laughter.

If you're going to the fringe then check out the show he was working up 'Seymour Mace gets sucked off by god' which is shaping up to be another dynamite hour from the great man.

Ray Travez

Takes me ages to get round to doing a review.

Simon Munnery- Renegade Plumber; The Stand, Newcastle

I love Simon Munnery. I think in some alternate universe I would be his pal. I don't think he felt fully on top of this gig, he was ill, flustered a few lines. I really enjoyed his tale of inventing underfloor heating for a tent. Also related to his bit about becoming a cleaner- he's right, they pull all kinds of tricks to catch you out. A real fist in the air moment for me. At last someone is speaking up for the cleaners!

Simon Evans- Genius- Georgian Theatre Royal, Richmond

An enjoyable evening. I like his chat about economics, and musings on whether democracy is all it's cracked up to be. Dude was LATE because he was enjoying eating a sausage and onion Yorkshire pie. That's what really stuck with me. The pie.

Sarah Kendall- 17, Georgian Theatre Royal

She's a good storyteller. The whole thing was hampered for me from the start because of a story about staying up to see Halley's comet, which streaked across the sky in an instant one night. My experience of comets is that they hang around in the sky for weeks and months, like Halley Bop did in the 90s. So that introduced an element of unreliable narrator for me right at the start. Anyway, I enjoyed it, good story and well-told. Still don't know why it's called 17.

Seymour Mace Gets Sucked Off By God- (Work in Progress), the Old English Gentleman, Darlington

I love Seymour Mace. This is possibly the best intro to any show I've ever seen- Mace stumbles onto the stage through the audience, dressed as a kind of Jimmy Saville soothsayer, accompanied by an apocalyptic chorus, and proceeds to tell every member of the audience the manner in which they will die. I mean, that's how to kick off a show!

My favourite bit was Mace's attempt to get in on the 'stand up comedy for kids bandwagon', with his glove puppet act Mr Tuesday. Just brilliant. Also his attempt at writing a song, "Potatoes versus knives", sung to the tune of Eddie and the Hotrods Do Anything You Wanna Do. "One man with a potato; another man with a knife". You'll have to see the show to find out how that particular fight pans out.

I have sense of Mace's depression, which he mentions at various points in the show. It's strange to leave a show having thoroughly enjoyed it, but also feel somehow sad for him. I mean, I just wish he didn't suffer from the depression as much as he seems to.
Anyway, highly recommend this, 5 stars etc.

The D-lightful Sausage- these guys also got on the stage and did an hour. Well done them! Hate to be rude, but a bit like a sixth-form skit stretched to an hour.

Alun Cochrane- You. Me. Now. (work in progress) -The Duncan Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington

A late addition to the bill, replacing Rob Rouse. Didn't go down brilliantly with a largely late-middle-age audience who were there to see thingy, what's his name, Sarah Millican's husband. Sorry, my brain's a bit fried from drugs, it'll come to me. Anyway, I thought he was good. A solid hour of stand-up. Quite brave of him to enter the transgender debate I thought. I don't think the audience gave a fuck about the transgender debate, they just wanted to hear puns puns puns.

Cochrane definitely went up in my estimation, and I liked how there are some darker edges to his stuff that I hadn't previously been aware of. I'd definitely see him again.

Gary Delaney - Gagster's Paradise (work in progress) Duncan Bannatyne's Ah'm Oot! Emporium, Darlington

A double bill with Alun Cochrane. You know what you're gonna get with Delaney. Good stuff all round. One thing, that I have noticed before in his full-length shows, in the final section he saves all the darkest, most unpleasant jokes. This has the effect on me of almost witnessing someone transforming into a nazi at the last minute. I realise there's no actual through-character in his act, but for me that part is unsettling. The show is all jokey little puns, and then suddenly here is this monster standing before you. Audience loved him; for some reason I drifted away a bit during the last 25 minutes or so. Maybe I was just stressed out this evening, money issues.

One thing I really like about seeing Gary Delaney's W.i.p. shows is the way he talks about coming up with the jokes, where he found various photos and other bits. You get a sense of him the person, rather than the persona. It provides a bit of space around the jokes.

Coming out, there had been a thunderstorm. Flashes of lightning still illuminated the sky, but the rain had mostly stopped. The sound of water gurgling down the drains was pleasant, and there was that lovely freshness in the air that you get after a storm. I give the storm five stars, a triumph.

Saw all these gigs with my lovely wife, chrissiebrmc!

Small Man Big Horse

That's really interesting stuff Ray, to be honest I went off Munnery a bit after seeing him do some 20 minute spots where he did the same material each time, but I know his full length shows are very different and do need to check him out again. I also love Sarah Kendall a lot so will definitely see that show, and will try and check out the others you recommend as we've similar taste in comedy.

Last night I saw Michael Brunström's The Great Fire Of London show as part of the Camden Fringe, and it was one of funniest gigs I've been too in a long old time, joyously silly, surreal, and daft and it made me laugh out loud a huge amount - it's on for another two nights on Thursday and Friday at the Albany, right next to Great Portland Street station, and if folks can I'd suggest buying tickets as it's truly a one of a kind experience!

Small Man Big Horse

I caught Andy Kindler tonight, doing his Ugly America show at the Soho Theatre and really enjoyed it. The room was only half full surprisingly, but it didn't seem to faze him and he got some strong material out of that, along with mocking the 3 and a half star review Chortle gave him. I really liked the show it as a whole, he jumps from subject to subject with impressive speed and whilst the odd joke fell flat, the majority made me laugh a great deal, and I'd have given him 4.25 stars at the very least.

Just in case folks are interested, I did a short interview with him via email earlier on in the week:

QuoteComedy To Watch: What can we expect from your show at the Soho Theatre? And what are you looking forward to about performing in the capital?

Andy: I'm on my Ugly America tour. I plan to complain about America for an hour and then defect. I hope being in the capital helps my case.

CTW: You've performed in London in the past, how do you find it differs to the rest of the world?

Andy: I love London. The crowds are friendly and it's the definition of cosmopolitan. Now I have to look up the definition of cosmopolitan.

CTW: You started out in comedy in 1984, how do you feel the industry's changed over the years? And if there was anything you could change about it, what would it be?

Andy: Things have changed a lot but the people who run the industry never change because they are robots. One thing I would change is the amount of money I've made. I'd like more.

CTW: If you had to name the one thing that you're proudest of doing, what would it be and why?

Andy: All I ever wanted when I started comedy was to be on David Letterman's show. I did it! Now I can die tomorrow. Which I might because I'm exhausted.

CTW: In a previous interview where you talked about stand up you said "I really love it, except when I hate it." – What causes you to hate it at times?

Andy: Indifferent crowds.

CTW: You're very active on twitter – what do you find the positives of the site to be? And what are the negatives?

Andy: I like joking and bantering on twitter. That's the positive part. The negative part is arguing with trolls so long you forget to eat or drink and have to be hospitalized.

CTW: And on twitter you're (understandably) very critical of Donald Trump – what would you say to him if you met him in person?

Andy: I would smile and tell him he's doing a great job. And then I would say: "I'm being sarcastic." That should show him.

CTW: Like your good self we're not a fan of Ricky Gervais at all – but do you think there's anything that he could do to win you round?

Andy: Quit comedy.

CTW: Apart from all of the projects you've previously been involved with, is there anything else you'd like to do in the comedy world?

Andy: I want to get into the joy buzzer business. It's a gold mine!

CTW: And finally, if you could interview yourself, what question would you most like to ask? And what would the answer be?

Andy: Andy, why are you still doing it? Because I work for myself and can't be fired. I have let myself go if that helps, and I'm sure it doesn't.

rasta-spouse

I was tempted to see Kindler at SohoT this year, but thought better of it after listening to his latest State of the Industry address. It's just not as good as previous years' ones. Also on Thought Spiral podcast he starts a new thought every minute and then shuts it down thirty seconds later. He's either the real jazz comedian, or rather scatterbrained.

Still think that bootleg of his is great though.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: rasta-spouse on September 12, 2018, 12:49:43 AM
Also on Thought Spiral podcast he starts a new thought every minute and then shuts it down thirty seconds later. He's either the real jazz comedian, or rather scatterbrained.

He was like this tonight, but explained how he genuinely suffered from ADHD and often lost his train of thought. And that said he did do fairly long (well, five minutes-ish) bits on the same subject, but from time to time would get distracted and went off on a tangent. I really liked it, but given how fast he talks and the way he rattles through different ideas, I think I'd have been exhausted if it had lasted much longer than it did.

Small Man Big Horse

Bob Saget - I had no idea what he'd be like going in but was there as Mrs SMBH is a big fan, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Sure, it's a little broad at times and boy does he like his dick jokes, but there's a fair bit of other material which is very likeable, mostly about his career, but some about his parents, and his crowd work is strong. The only downside is that he performs a song about a man who is in the process of transitioning to a woman which is fucking awful, and he really needs to drop that asap, but bar that it was a good evening.

Famous Mortimer

Hannibal Buress (and his DJ)

Announced with 12 hours notice, he did a "pop-up" show based (I believe) on his podcast, which has lots of messing about with autotune and a theremin. 2pm is a weird time for a show, and he seemed puzzled as to why it sold out. But it was very good.

billyandthecloneasaurus

I really like Simon Munnery as a guy but i've never really gotten on with his standup.  I've seen him twice, though once was in Bristol when I was 19 and a fucking dunce and at ACMS after 12 hours of near constant drinking and comedy, so might be my own problem.

I saw Rose Matafeo again last week.  Really bloody loved her at the fringe, and insisted on a few pals coming to see her with me because I enjoyed it enough to see again, and because I thought they'd really enjoy it.  I did the same thing with Joe Murporgo's Hammerhead show, which my pals all said was the best comedy they'd ever seen (an opinion I share), but not quite as positive a response this time.  I mean, they didn't outright say she was shit or anything, but I could sense a collective opinion of "why did Billy make us get an hour long train to see this?"

I still enjoyed it, but I guess an 8/10 show when you just have to walk down the road from another show during a whole dedicated week of comedy is gonna be more fun than when you've had to spend £20, 2 hours on trains and not get to bed until 1am during the working week.

If I'm being needlessly harsh, I'd also say that it felt more like a collection of stuff (and less stuff landed than in Edinburgh, perhaps due to a more casual comedy audience?), than the coherent show I thought it was in Edinburgh.  Still a big fan though.

up_the_hampipe

Just saw David Cross at Leicester Sq Theatre. Only about 70% full which was surprising, but a very funny and gleefully puerile and offensive show. He can be very slow in getting through stories, but that's always seemed deliberate for the great pay off. Definitely requires patience at times, but mega good.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 26, 2018, 09:46:13 PM
Just saw David Cross at Leicester Sq Theatre. Only about 70% full which was surprising, but a very funny and gleefully puerile and offensive show. He can be very slow in getting through stories, but that's always seemed deliberate for the great pay off. Definitely requires patience at times, but mega good.

I thought about going to see him as I am a fan, but am a bit broke right now and so couldn't afford it. Glad it was good though, and hopefully the material will turn up on a recorded special.

I saw Thor and Loki tonight, which isn't stand up but a comedy musical but there's nowhere else to ramble about it so I thought I'd do it here. Admittedly I've a penchant for comedy musicals but I really loved it, the songs were strong, the script was funny, and the cast incredibly impressive, not only did they double and treble up but also performed a fair bit of the music. If this is your sort of thing I'd urge folks go and see it as it's all kinds of lovely.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 26, 2018, 10:17:29 PM
I thought about going to see him as I am a fan, but am a bit broke right now and so couldn't afford it. Glad it was good though, and hopefully the material will turn up on a recorded special.

There's a routine he does where he walks the audience through a fantasy he has about Trump. When he was touring America, that bit got him a visit from the Secret Service. He's doing it abroad because there's probably less risk, but I'm interested to see if he'll put it in his next special.

Small Man Big Horse

Bridget Christie - What Now? - Absolutely loved this, I had some issues with Because You Demanded It as I found myself agreeing with it rather than laughing a great deal, but this is gloriously angry and really funny too.

Small Man Big Horse

Thought I'd post the review I did of Christie for my site here:

I first saw Bridget Christie when she was pretending to be an ant, which made me a fan for life. Unfortunately I missed out on her breakthrough show, A Bic for Her, as I was recovering from extensive surgery but haven't missed one since, and this is her best yet. She's easily one of the finest comedians this country has to offer, and whilst I wasn't quite so enamoured with her previous show, Because You Demanded It, where she tried to come to terms with Brexit, it wasn't because it wasn't funny – compared to 99% of stand up shows it was superb, it just wasn't quite as angry as I'd hoped it be. But that's clearly my issue rather than Christie's.

What Now? is angry however, and gloriously so. Starting with a fun routine about a new dishwasher which displays the time on the floor, it turns in to a shockingly funny rant about the stress of rolling news, it's paranoia inducing tendencies, and how it takes all of the fun out of auto-erotic asphyxiation. Christie's completely self aware throughout given that she's a fairly well off comedian, playing with the concept of her status and how it effects her which only makes the material funnier. There's also segments concerning bath bombs and the relationship with her husband, an amazing part about her cat eating dental floss which absolutely slayed me, her views on Ed Sheeran, and Theresa May's disturbingly dark inner cheek (which she postulates could possibly be a black hole). Much of this includes attacks on our politicians over Brexit, the horrendous way they're running the country, and the funniest material on Donald Trump that I've heard so far. And as I see a fair amount of comedy I've heard an awful lot. If there's a minor issue with the set it's that the first half ends on jokes about male waxing which Bridget herself wasn't happy with, but they still made the audience laugh a great deal.

After the interval she dives in to a routine where she claims she hates lying, and comes clean that she's been lying about being a feminist for six years now. She launches in to what must be the best impression of Russell Brand and his take on feminism ever created, which then leads in to a description of a meeting with a top British tv comedy producer that is hysterically funny yet also quite horrifying as his actions and words are that of an absolute c**t. Whilst she calls him out in the meeting itself (frustratingly leading her to not getting a tv show, which I'll never forgive this unnamed individual for) I only wish Christie had revealed his identity, though for legal reasons I can understand why she didn't. It tallies with everything I've heard about those responsible for commissioning comedy on tv right now, and also explains why so much of it is depressingly bad.

This segues in to a routine about marriage and redefining what happiness is, before ending on a segment about her children and how she absolutely adores them and loves them but has nothing in common with them, and is tired of their constantly lying, which works beautifully as a metaphor for Putin and Trump's actions. One of the best stand up shows I've seen in years this sees Christie at the very top of her game, and I'm truly excited to see what she offers up next.

Small Man Big Horse

Say My Name - A Breaking Bad parody musical it's not the most nuanced or subtle piece but it is a great deal of fun. Not all of the songs deserve to top the charts but about half of them are great and the script's pretty smart too, and I'm glad I went.

Small Man Big Horse

I saw Marcel LuCont, Phil Wang, Olga Koch, Steen Raskopoulos, Kat Sadler and Garrett Millerick tonight at 2Northdown (which used to be The Invisible Dot) and had a great night, Koch and Sadler only did five minutes each as it's a sexist world we live in, but both were great, though if I've any complaints it's that Sadler could do with a bit more confidence. Millerick was the MC but thankfully didn't do any crowd work and just launched in to a superb routine, the best part of which involved Paul Cattermole selling his Brit Award which made me laugh a great deal. LuCont I'd seen before and so knew I liked, and he was on top form, but I didn't know anything about Steen Raskopoulous but was blown away by him, it was a set which saw me wiping tears of laughter from my eyes throughout and I definitely plan to see him again as soon as I possibly can. And the only let down of the night was Phil Wang, not that he was bad but he was just a bit average, I like him a lot on Taskmaster but his material was only okay, with a segment on dating being a bit dull. Thankfully he was on first though and the rest of the night was a really fantastic one.

Delighted to read that the old Invisible Dot venue is still in use. A fantastic room for comedy.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, Small Man Big Horse. It's always a good read.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on October 21, 2018, 11:05:57 PM
Delighted to read that the old Invisible Dot venue is still in use. A fantastic room for comedy.

I'm very fond of it too as it's where I saw Joseph Morpurgo and James Acaster for the first time, and Tony Law do a fantastic set there too, and price wise it's always pretty decent. I'd be interested to know if any of the same people are involved with it, but bar that it's run by the guy who founded Ticket Text, Nick Mills, I haven't been able to find any info.

QuoteThanks for keeping this thread alive, Small Man Big Horse. It's always a good read.

Thank you, that's kind of you to say. I'm always surprised by how quiet it is given the Edinburgh thread is hugely popular, I guess folks get their fill during the festival and then take a break from it.

Maybe it would be different if I wasn't going in with a load of memories of going there when it was the Invisible Dot but I've never enjoyed myself when I've been since it became 2Northdown.

It's never been close to full so the atmosphere has never been good and the staff have been terrible, I remember Jordan Brookes having to tell the people doing the door to stop talking during a performance more than once because they were just chatting away at the back of the room for about 20 minutes.

At least they moved the bar so it wouldn't be so awkward if it was packed out

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on October 22, 2018, 05:43:53 AM
Maybe it would be different if I wasn't going in with a load of memories of going there when it was the Invisible Dot but I've never enjoyed myself when I've been since it became 2Northdown.

It's never been close to full so the atmosphere has never been good and the staff have been terrible, I remember Jordan Brookes having to tell the people doing the door to stop talking during a performance more than once because they were just chatting away at the back of the room for about 20 minutes.

At least they moved the bar so it wouldn't be so awkward if it was packed out

Yeesh, that's not good and I'm sorry to hear that you had such a poor time there, especially when it comes to the staff. The gig on Friday didn't suffer from any of those problems at least, but that could have been due to the fact that it was sold out.

I forgot to mention but I went to the C3 improv night in North Lambeth a couple of Sundays ago. Possibly as it was rather patchy, the first group were okay (well, two of them, two of the members were oddly quiet and not funny) but the middle group, Dudes, were fairly awful and it was painful to watch. Then there was a final, third group who were alright at times, but all in all it wasn't the best of nights and I doubt I'll attend again unless there's an improv group going who I've heard are good.

I've nothing planned now until the middle of November when I'm seeing Natalie Palamides at the Soho Theatre, and then James Acaster a couple of days later, but I'm already having withdrawal symptoms, as I'm really in to live comedy at the moment. Unfortunately I'm broke too so won't be able to book anything between then, so might have to do something crazy like attend an open mic night!

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 21, 2018, 11:38:58 PM

Thank you, that's kind of you to say. I'm always surprised by how quiet it is given the Edinburgh thread is hugely popular, I guess folks get their fill during the festival and then take a break from it.

As an Edinburgh resident we're cursed with a bit of a feast / famine situation where it's bananas for 3 weeks and then tumbleweeds for the rest of the year.

Though it has got better recently with the arrival of the Monkey Barrel and Gilded Balloon taking up residency in the Basement Theatre.

Definitely hoping to catch the touring shows of the acts I missed back in August - Lazy Susan, KP-McLean, etc.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on October 23, 2018, 05:51:22 PM
As an Edinburgh resident we're cursed with a bit of a feast / famine situation where it's bananas for 3 weeks and then tumbleweeds for the rest of the year.

Though it has got better recently with the arrival of the Monkey Barrel and Gilded Balloon taking up residency in the Basement Theatre.

Definitely hoping to catch the touring shows of the acts I missed back in August - Lazy Susan, KP-McLean, etc.

I'd heard that about Edinburgh (my cousin went to university there a while back) but I'm glad to hear things have picked up on that front. Will be interested to hear your thoughts about KP-McLean too as I've been tempted to see her live but not got round to doing so yet.

Just thought I'd also mention that Joseph Morpurgo is doing a work in progress at The Bill Murray in Islington on December 6th and it's only six quid, so I'm going to be attending, and I'd recommend folks come along as the man is shockingly funny - https://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/event-detail/52700/

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 22, 2018, 05:35:06 PM
I forgot to mention but I went to the C3 improv night in North Lambeth a couple of Sundays ago. Possibly as it was rather patchy, the first group were okay (well, two of them, two of the members were oddly quiet and not funny) but the middle group, Dudes, were fairly awful and it was painful to watch. Then there was a final, third group who were alright at times, but all in all it wasn't the best of nights and I doubt I'll attend again unless there's an improv group going who I've heard are good.

Turns out I'm a dirty rotten liar as I went back today, though it was partially because Mordsaga were appearing there who do spoofs of Scandinavian crime dramas. Before them two of the groups had been decent enough (C3? themselves and Pillow Fight) but Bendy House were a little weak. Fortunately Mordsaga were really great, there were only two of them but they managed to create a really great 45 minutes of longform improv, packed with silliness but also smart lines, and I'd definitely go back to see them again, especially as the whole night was free.

Off to see Jordan Brookes tomorrow which I'm very excited about. If he's not good I'm going to give him a right beating.

I liked Jordan Brookes show and appreciated the inventiveness of it but I think my opinion of it is coloured slightly by seeing a very, very early preview of it (maybe the second or third one) which had none of that stuff and was much rawer about his break up and I thought was already so close to being a complete show. I can understand why he wouldn't have wanted to do it and maybe couldn't do it but I wish a bit more of that show had survived.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on November 05, 2018, 01:50:54 AM
I liked Jordan Brookes show and appreciated the inventiveness of it but I think my opinion of it is coloured slightly by seeing a very, very early preview of it (maybe the second or third one) which had none of that stuff and was much rawer about his break up and I thought was already so close to being a complete show. I can understand why he wouldn't have wanted to do it and maybe couldn't do it but I wish a bit more of that show had survived.

Ah, that's interesting, as despite finding it very very funny stuff and far better than 95% of the stand up I see I did feel it lacked substance a little, and your post suggests that it may have had it previously. I did really enjoy it though and the hour flew by, I was genuinely surprised when it ended and thought it had been 40 minutes at the very most but an hour had passed. I'll definitely see whatever he does next too, but I'm surprised it got quite so many rave reviews. Also (spoiler time) when it came to the headphones I found the amount of distortion and white noise quite distracting, most of the time it worked but I did find myself wondering if my headphones were faulty given the amount of times they cut out or I had fucked up sound and couldn't make out what he was saying, whilst others laughed. I'm sure that's part of the show but I did find it a bit frustrating a couple of times. Hmmm, this all sounds a bit negative and I don't mean it too as I enjoyed it an enormous amount, and would recommend people see it if they can.

CaledonianGonzo

For those (like me) who missed out due to Stand 4 being tiny, Jessie Cave's just announced a tour.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 25, 2018, 12:31:44 PM
Just thought I'd also mention that Joseph Morpurgo is doing a work in progress at The Bill Murray in Islington on December 6th and it's only six quid, so I'm going to be attending, and I'd recommend folks come along as the man is shockingly funny - https://www.angelcomedy.co.uk/event-detail/52700/

Bought a few tickets for this as soon as it went on sale, but sadly it's been cancelled!  I don't get to see big Joey Morpz or SMBH :(

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: billyandthecloneasaurus on November 07, 2018, 01:02:14 PM
Bought a few tickets for this as soon as it went on sale, but sadly it's been cancelled!  I don't get to see big Joey Morpz or SMBH :(

I was gutted about that too, especially as I'd got a few friends to come and see him for the first time. They did say that they'd try to organise another date so I'm keeping everything crossed that I'll get to meet you Billy!

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 07, 2018, 01:15:08 PM
I was gutted about that too, especially as I'd got a few friends to come and see him for the first time. They did say that they'd try to organise another date so I'm keeping everything crossed that I'll get to meet you Billy!
Aye, I saw SSFB and Hammerhead on my own and they instantly became my favourite ever standup shows.  Ended up going to see Hammerhead two more times with two separate groups of mates because I loved it so much, so I feel your pain.  Right back atcha xx

Small Man Big Horse

I saw Natalie Palamides Nate at the Soho Theatre and thought it was amazing, one of the best things I've seen in ages and I've seen a lot of great comedy this year. It's absolutely insane stuff but captivating throughout and I can't wait to see what she does next, and it's also ridiculous that she wasn't nominated for the main award at Edinburgh this year too, especially considering some of the people who were *coughs*Glenn Moore*coughs*. As I was leaving I noticed Doctor Brown was in the audience and so had a brief chat with him, which was the icing on an amazing cake that I wish I could eat again and again.