Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Reno 911! The Quibi Series

Started by Small Man Big Horse, May 06, 2020, 10:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I was just wondering, has anyone seen this? It doesn't appear to be on any torrent sites but I know we've a few American types on here, and I'm intrigued as to if it's any good?

BeardFaceMan

Yeah I'm excited for this too and had a bit of a nose around but couldnt find anything. It doesnt help that you can only watch it on mobile devices at the moment, but thankfully it wont be long until they get rid of that awful decision and Quibi will be releasing some kind of desktop app, there'll be more chance of it being ripped there. Or just watched, I cant imagine paying for premium video content like Reno 911 that can only be viewed on a phone or tablet and not on a tv.

steveh

From what I've read Quibi only have plans for it on streaming devices.

If you haven't seen them, there's some more clips from the new series at the end of these on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgLFdkPkCs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fusax-CJPXk (this made me laugh a lot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI_Ky44vkAk

Comedy Central are likely to have done the series in a way that they can assemble it into traditional 22 minute episodes later for the channel once the Quibi exclusive is over or it goes bust.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on May 06, 2020, 11:54:27 AM
Yeah I'm excited for this too and had a bit of a nose around but couldnt find anything. It doesnt help that you can only watch it on mobile devices at the moment, but thankfully it wont be long until they get rid of that awful decision and Quibi will be releasing some kind of desktop app, there'll be more chance of it being ripped there. Or just watched, I cant imagine paying for premium video content like Reno 911 that can only be viewed on a phone or tablet and not on a tv.

Quote from: steveh on May 06, 2020, 12:25:33 PM
From what I've read Quibi only have plans for it on streaming devices.

If you haven't seen them, there's some more clips from the new series at the end of these on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgLFdkPkCs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fusax-CJPXk (this made me laugh a lot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI_Ky44vkAk

Comedy Central are likely to have done the series in a way that they can assemble it into traditional 22 minute episodes later for the channel once the Quibi exclusive is over or it goes bust.

I didn't realise it was for phones only, I knew it was "short form content" but presumed you'd be able to watch it online so it's extremely annoying that you can't, and explains why I haven't been able to obtain it (or any of their other shows) anywhere. But hopefully you're right and the service will go bust, I hear that the number of sign up's has been disappointing and surely there's only so many streaming services people can afford, so hopefully it'll go bust sooner rather than later.

BeardFaceMan

They couldnt have picked a worse time to launch a mobile streaming service, when everyone is on lockdown and staying at home, so yes, going bust seems inevitable at this point. Even without the lockdown though, I couldn't see this gimmick lasting, people watch vids on their phone through boredom, not preference.

Mister Six

Remember when HBO's new CEO was talking about doing mini episodes rather than hourlong Game of Thrones-type things a couple of years back? Glad that didn't go anywhere.

veletision

Moronic idea by people who made their fortunes in the 80s and 90s who'll get banks and private equity to fund their idiotic folly and lose none of their own money.

BeardFaceMan

I've gone and lost my MySpleen log in password. Bugger. Hopefully it will get uploaded somewhere a bit more public soon.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: veletision on May 17, 2020, 03:26:14 PM
This is on MySpleen now

Thanks for the heads up, obtaining it now and looking forward to watching it this evening.

veletision

Enjoy.

I'll give it a gander during the week.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm five episodes in and mostly liking it a lot, they've pretty much picked up where they left off except there's some psa's at the end (which are a mixed bag, but mostly fun). There's a bit with a funeral in episode 3 which to me felt too farcical even for this show, but otherwise it's making me laugh a lot and it's great to have them back.

Edit: I noticed someone's put some cam versions of them up on the pirate bay, it's only the first 7 episodes and the quality's not amazing but they're more than watchable, which is something I guess.

Clownbaby

I love Reno 911! I think it's very underrated. Hardly ever see any mention of it anywhere. Maybe it's just the people I know.

I don't know how I didn't already hear about this

Blumf

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 19, 2020, 04:22:09 PM
Edit: I noticed someone's put some cam versions of them up on the pirate bay, it's only the first 7 episodes and the quality's not amazing but they're more than watchable, which is something I guess.

There's a couple of full 12-eps versions of it up on that bodily organ site, but both uploaders acknowledge that it's crap quality thanks you Quibi's weird ideas.

Clock me up as another fan who's wondering why more people didn't catch it at the time.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blumf on May 20, 2020, 03:42:10 PM
There's a couple of full 12-eps versions of it up on that bodily organ site, but both uploaders acknowledge that it's crap quality thanks you Quibi's weird ideas.

Clock me up as another fan who's wondering why more people didn't catch it at the time.

Yeah, I've now downloaded two versions, the large x264 ones and the new x265 version (finally having a laptop which can play the bastards) and the latter is a little better at least with the sound always in sync, but the picture quality isn't amazing. Still, getting to see them is the main thing as capturing Quibi shows is a right pain in the arse apparently.

If anyone wants to watch it just pm me for links and I might be able to help you out. Unless I hate you. Then I fucking won't.

BeardFaceMan

Really enjoyed these, nothing groundbreaking, just some solid sketch comedy. Seeing them all in the briefing room being idiots was like putting on a pair of old shoes, lovely stuff. Nice to see some familiar faces and the reappearance of some running gags like Dangle getting his bike stolen and Junior coming a cropper at traffic stops, really hope they get to do another proper series of this.

BeardFaceMan

Little bump to say I didn't realise the season was split into two parts, another 13 episode block has just finished airing. Hooray!

BeardFaceMan

Another little bump to say Reno 911 just got renewed for a special on Paramount+, whatever that is, called The Hunt For QAnon. Hooray again!

steveh

The 25 Quibi episodes are now on the free Roku Channel in the UK and US. Roku, Now TV and Sky Q boxes.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/whats-on/the-roku-channel/roku-originals

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: veletision on May 07, 2020, 10:21:03 PM
Moronic idea by people who made their fortunes in the 80s and 90s who'll get banks and private equity to fund their idiotic folly and lose none of their own money.

I'd be impressed by this foresight but literally everyone who didn't have a financial stake in this thought the same thing.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 25, 2021, 08:53:36 PMAnother little bump to say Reno 911 just got renewed for a special on Paramount+, whatever that is, called The Hunt For QAnon. Hooray again!

This has an airdate now, 23rd December, looking forward to it. Here's a little blurb -

QuoteIt follows the deputies of the Reno Sheriff's Department as they hunt for Q, the one behind all the QAnon conspiracies. Their efforts cause them to get stuck at a QAnon convention at sea, ultimately escaping only to discover that they've landed at Jeffrey Epstein's old island.

BeardFaceMan

Really enjoyed that, nothing groundbreaking, just some solid sketch comedy. They got a nice little cast together for this, too.