Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No 9 - series 6

Started by MigraineBoy, November 19, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

Reece Shearsmith tweeted earlier that they are rehearsing this week & start filming next week. https://twitter.com/reeceshearsmith/status/1329465005155246086?s=21

Steve Pemberton was on Lorraine last week and said the whole series was written over Zoom during lockdown.  When asked about the cast he said "We've got a Sir, we've got a recent BAFTA winner."

Sir Ian McKellen tweeted his love of '12 Days of Christine' when it aired. If the Sir isn't him they must've asked him already by now.

BlodwynPig

Disappointing last time out. So what if you've got a Sir or a BAFTA. I prefer shows to give a voice to new, unsung talent and not disappear up its own asshole*

*S06E03 Up you asshole

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on November 19, 2020, 06:59:02 PM
What are the twists?

1. Ghosts
2. All in his head
3. It was empty the whole time
4. Twins
5. It was the mother
6. No twist ahhhhh

Icehaven

Or they could borrow some from Twilight Zone 101:
1. They're robots
2. They're dead
3. They're in space
4. Everyone else is robots
5. Everyone else is dead
6. Everyone else is in space.

petril

there's one where it's going to turn out the real episode was on ITV the whole time. dunno how they'll do it for the iplayer

Hand Solo

There'll definitely be an episode that takes place entirely over Zoom then, won't there?

JamesTC

Twist: It was Microsoft Teams the whole time.

jobotic

Hand Solo

Jeffrey Toobin didn't expose himself.

BlodwynPig

He was calling from upstairs.

Before mobile phones were invented.

the science eel

Do you think he'll have some acting lessons before the new series?

I HOPE SO

JaDanketies

Quote from: Hand Solo on November 19, 2020, 09:16:07 PM
There'll definitely be an episode that takes place entirely over Zoom then, won't there?

Kinds already did it on the suicide hotline call centre one

JamesTC

Either that or it would end up like the horror film set on Skype.

Dead Soon

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 19, 2020, 10:00:26 PM
Kinds already did it on the suicide hotline call centre one

There was one from the last series that could have been easily 'zoom'able too, the woman with the multiple personalities. One of the characters was a vlogger, no less.

Remarkably trite to say it maybe, but it really feels literally unbelievable that I was in the BFI theatre this calendar year for the exclusive screenings of two Series 5 episodes. I was in the bar afterwards, fucking surrounded by primarily middle aged women dangerously horny for Reece and expressing breathy desire to be bitten by him. I didn't score that night, somehow.

Glebe

Icehaven

Quote from: MigraineBoy on November 19, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

Steve Pemberton was on Lorraine last week and said the whole series was written over Zoom during lockdown.  When asked about the cast he said "We've got a Sir..."

Maybe they've dug Savile up.

Hat FM

lewis hamilton making the move to acting. Ronnie o'sullivan not happy.

petril

Glebe

Excellent news, cheers for that Norton.

Natnar

So going on how the BBC have sat on the series before i'd say it'll be broadcast sometime in 2022 then.

Virgo76

Quote from: Natnar on January 27, 2021, 11:09:49 PM
So going on how the BBC have sat on the series before i'd say it'll be broadcast sometime in 2022 then.

They showed five series and two specials over six years. Hardly a terrible record.

neveragain

One special.

And they held onto Series 5 for about a year before showing it. That's what's annoying. However I doubt they will this time.

JaDanketies

Yeah the BBC is surely crying out for any new TV, especially any new drama. They've started broadcasting a competition about dog grooming at prime time.

Norton Canes

They're cracking straight on with series 7 (of Inside No. 9) so I doubt they'll hold series 6 for too long.

Noodle Lizard

I'm having a bit of a Mandela Effect moment - I assumed Paterson Joseph must have been in either Inside No. 9 before or possibly Psychoville, but he really hasn't been. Seems like a great fit though.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 28, 2021, 09:10:55 PM
I'm having a bit of a Mandela Effect moment - I assumed Paterson Joseph must have been in either Inside No. 9 before or possibly Psychoville, but he really hasn't been. Seems like a great fit though.

Plus Reese is doing Celebrity Bake Off. Already looking forward to his passice-agressive flouncing over the definition of what constitutes a biscuit.