Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2021, 04:27:01 PM
Just put a whopping five quid on Wilson to win this thing outright, 11-2.

I meant K. Wilson there of course.

druss

Ball sack on for a 147 here.

druss

Quote from: druss on January 11, 2021, 03:11:35 PM
Ball sack on for a 147 here.
Haha jinxed him big time there, missed the next pot by a mile and went in off.

Blue Jam

If I was less of a gambling wuss I would put money on Thepchaiya making a comeback here.

Blue Jam

Bingham planning on celebrating with "a sneaky Nando's"

I bet he won't be inviting AIDS to join him either.

druss

Staring at Bingham is like staring at the sun, it causes permanent damage.

druss

First decent match tonight.

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on January 11, 2021, 07:10:56 PM
AIDS BABY AIDS.

Hahahahaha.

Imagine him doing the David Brent dance to his walk-on music. I bet you're having no trouble picturing that at all are you?

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 11, 2021, 07:32:24 PM
Hahahahaha.

Imagine him doing the David Brent dance to his walk-on music. I bet you're having no trouble picturing that at all are you?
I can picture it but I can't say it doesn't trouble me.

Blue Jam

On second thoughts he may be more Corden than Gervais.

Gwaaaaarn The Wetherspoons Potting Machine

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on January 11, 2021, 04:05:38 PM
Staring at Bingham is like staring at the sun, it causes permanent damage.

AIDS vs Bawbag in the quarters. A fixture made for radio.

kidney

Love how Hendry has no idea what to make of this Young Chinese Player's playstyle

druss

Maguire is fucking funny man, properly rages at himself.

Blue Jam

Disappointed that Eurosport have replaced Disapproving Higgins with Benign Mark Allen:

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blue Jam

To be fair there aren't any non-hideous snooker players apart from Ding, and an image of him would be too erotic for Eurosport.

kidney

Erotic Ding is looking good here against Ronneh

Blue Jam

Ronnie in a white shirt looks wrong. Still rocking the Casio FW91 though, nice.

Gwaaaarn ya Dingus

druss

Ding eye twitch hone overdrive after looking unbeatable. Might be a decider here.

Lost Oliver

druss

Ronnie looked better than he has done for a long time after the first few frames. Helped by Ding though, don't think Higgins or Allen will crumble like that against him if they get an early lead. With Trump not playing and Selby out, 8th Masters looking a good bet if he gets past the quarters.

druss

At what point did Higgins suddenly look about 20 years older than Ronnie, despite both being born in the same year?

I remember a young Higgins and I remember him looking 20 years older, but I don't remember any point in between.

He's snooker's equivalent of Karl Pilkington's Chinese man.

Norton Canes

Blue Jam

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmperorofPot/status/1349102302716698626

Was watching the Eurosport coverage earlier and while the pundits were discussing the Ding-Ronnie bromance presenter Colin Murray actually used the word "bromance". D'awwwwwwww.

druss

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 13, 2021, 09:18:59 PM
Thought 'jump shots' were illegal? Could this one not be proved intentional?
An illegal jump shot is when the cue ball jumps over a ball on the way to hitting the object ball. I think because the cue ball jumped after hitting the object ball then it's fine.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 13, 2021, 09:18:59 PM
Thought 'jump shots' were illegal? Could this one not be proved intentional?

Yep, as druss said. No issues with shots like that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: druss on January 13, 2021, 08:00:48 PM
At what point did Higgins suddenly look about 20 years older than Ronnie, despite both being born in the same year?

I remember a young Higgins and I remember him looking 20 years older, but I don't remember any point in between.

He's snooker's equivalent of Karl Pilkington's Chinese man.

One is obsessed with running and quite neurotic, the other is a swollen corrupt fat slob.

The gap has, particularly on Higgins' side, been widening since the early 00s, slowly but inexorably.

Blue Jam

Epic third frame between Kylo and Gilbo now. Kylo escaped a snooker to fluke the yellow, now it's gone to a respotted black...

Gwaaaaarn Kylo

Blue Jam

Aw baws, went and jinxed poor Kylo didn't I?

Watching Ronnie being interviewed yesterday made me think I should have put my wussy fiver on him, he's been practicing six hours a day instead of pissing out on the match table annoying his opponents, and he's got a lovely big athletics track to go and run about and be fucking boring on, won't get decent odds for him though.

AIDS vs Bingham on now. Frankly this should not be allowed to be broadcast at teatime. I did giggle at Dominic Dale calling them "Two heavy attacking players" though. Also "Not the best of pals"? I have no idea what their beef is but that's yet another player who won't be inviting AIDS to join them for some nice flame-grilled Peri-Peri chicken.