Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreasScampi fries taste a bit like rotten prawns mixed with genital discharge and salt. They're really great.

New recommendation

Oho! Lentil Chips, Jalapeno + Lime

Genuine heat for a change but not the crap Cofresh heat, actual layered heat that stands up to snacking, meanwhile the lime always there adding just the right edge.

The texture is really satisfying as well, lentils have been reforged into a sort of sturdy Wotsit-esque weevil, but with more crunch and less clag.

But for the cruelty of the corporate behemoths, this would be the IN THING FOR 2021

Sebastian Cobb

The new spicy pringles range aren't bad, although not all that much difference between medium/hot/megahot. Chilli and cheese probably the best.

Butchers Blind

Shoulders?-Stomach!

seepage

Unfortunately chilli+lime is my least favourite snack flavour, so it's an ONo! from me.

markburgle

Dirtiest crisp flavour -Lemon and Scampi Nik Naks. Honkingly fishy with an overtone of zing. They make me feel like a bad widdle boy

Replies From View

used to love lennon and mccartney themed jacobs crackers that they used to do in fish and chips bars in the 80s, until they stopped doing them because bros became popular instead

WhoMe

Singapore has these stupidly tasty fish skin crisps. Nothing really comes close once you've tried them. Probably a good thing you can only import them for silly money in the UK

Replies From View

They look appetising, at least.

Replies From View

hello i am after a snack that makes me feel like i am eating dog shit from a sandpit, please

step this way, sir

WhoMe

Quote from: Replies From View on January 23, 2021, 02:37:45 PM
hello i am after a snack that makes me feel like i am eating dog shit from a sandpit, please

step this way, sir

They do a spicy version as well, if it helps.

pancreas

Quote from: WhoMe on January 23, 2021, 02:35:44 PM
Singapore has these stupidly tasty fish skin crisps. Nothing really comes close once you've tried them. Probably a good thing you can only import them for silly money in the UK

I have dreamed about owning a packet of those.

Replies From View

sirhenry

If Shoulders is allowed deep-fried lentils in their pods, I feel safe to add these:

They taste exactly like oyster mushrooms but only about a quarter as much. And that's all.

The addition of some salt or soy or something to replace the umami they've managed to extract would definitely improve them. It's as if they've soaked them long enough to extract all the flavour thay can then dried them then cooked them in the way they do with assorted veg these days so they're puffy and crunchy but not oily. So no salt, no sugar, no fat, no umami - no wonder they leave you dissatisfied.

buttgammon

My cousin used to live over there and he brought some back once; they're every bit as good as you'd imagine, but sadly, I haven't even seen them in the Asian supermarkets I normally buy weird snacks in.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lentil, mushroom and fish skin crisps? This is just getting silly now. Stop it.

Replies From View

markburgle

I'm not sure I could cope with those but definitely want to find out

Sebastian Cobb

Haven't tried but a mate said his local does these...

Nothing you couldn't assemble yourself with a jar of pickled onions and some jacobs crackers but I like the utility of it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't see any Branston pickle there.

Bazooka

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 23, 2021, 09:41:01 PM

Nothing you couldn't assemble yourself with a jar of pickled onions and some jacobs crackers but I like the utility of it.

Crackers will be all soggy from the onion juice, 0/10.

gib

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 23, 2021, 09:50:17 PM
I don't see any Branston pickle there.

since the dawn of time the Lancashire ploughmen have steered clear of Branston pickle

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bazooka on January 23, 2021, 10:34:51 PM
Crackers will be all soggy from the onion juice, 0/10.

I asked how this worked and apparently they put the onions in a bag inside the bag.

Yussef Dent

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 23, 2021, 09:41:01 PM

I used to love these! These used to be really prevalent but the last time I saw them in Sheffield was in the Roebuck Tavern about eight years ago, never seen them since! The cheese triangle is either made by Kerrygold or a brand you've never heard of. In some you'd get a little wooden spatula to spread out the cheese.

Barry Admin

Really no need to bump a four-year-old thread about crisps instead of just starting a new one.

Replies From View

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 24, 2021, 06:42:08 AM
Really no need to bump a four-year-old thread about crisps instead of just starting a new one.

True this.  The crisps at the start of that thread were making me a bit nauseous from how old they are.

Twit 2

I know it'll be considered gauche, but Walkers Max Strong Jalapeño and Cheese really are great. They're horrible, which of course makes them great as, quite clearly, the more objectionable and unfoodlike a crisp is, the better it is. Everyone I know hates them, which only strengthens my resolve. Absolute shit heaven.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rarely is snackfood so pungently steeped in taint sweat and general gooch.

Twit 2

Ripe groins on the turn have nothing on those shards of stinking shit. Hope my internal organs have to be studied on an AIDS ward.