Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Herring's RHLSTP

Started by Retinend, March 24, 2021, 08:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFlymo

Andrew "Dole"

New Page: Benefit scrounging cunts.

poo

Paxman's clearly a massive cunt

Echo Valley 2-6809

I suspect from this and a couple of print interviews I've read that Paxman is probably seriously depressed, trapped in the protective carapace of the seen-it-all-before curmudgeon, a bit like Gilbert Harding [nb]not the CaB poster[/nb] was.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on March 25, 2021, 06:25:18 PM
I suspect from this and a couple of print interviews I've read that Paxman is probably seriously depressed, trapped in the protective carapace of the seen-it-all-before curmudgeon, a bit like Gilbert Harding [nb]not the CaB poster[/nb] was.

:-p

Mister Six

How long has Paxman looked like that?! In my head he just looks like his 1990s self, although admittedly that was 30 years ago. Still, he's unrecognisable. Is it just the shit angle and lighting, or did he look like this before lockdown?

PaulTMA

Heavy Forbes McAllister vibes these days

Replies From View

For how long has Jeremy Paxman had congealed nosebleed under his right nostril?

neardark

Well Richard enjoyed it anyway

olliebean

Got quite excited to see the "new" one of these is with Bob Mortimer, then I realised Herring is just reposting old ones.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: olliebean on May 14, 2021, 09:29:54 AM
Got quite excited to see the "new" one of these is with Bob Mortimer, then I realised Herring is just reposting old ones.

Ah that's a shame.

Great episode though, one of the best single podcasts ever. I think about the way Bob pronounces napalm as 'napp-alm' all the time.

Wet Blanket

I'm hoping that the release of Bob's autobiography later this year will see him back on the podcast circuit.

paruses

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on May 14, 2021, 09:42:40 AM
Ah that's a shame.

Great episode though, one of the best single podcasts ever. I think about the way Bob pronounces napalm as 'napp-alm' all the time.

Yes - always snigger when I see fig rolls in the supermarket because of this.

And the Chris Rhea / Ulrika reveal is glorious.

frajer

Quote from: olliebean on May 14, 2021, 09:29:54 AM

Relistening to this at work this morning and it remains absolutely glorious.

However I'd completely forgotten about Rich's ongoing gag in that era of about how "9/11 was a great day, for the terrorists" and can now very much remember why I took a break from RHLSTP.

PaulTMA

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember what episode the disgusting pea story was told in AIOTM?  Have an urge to experience it again.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The latest episode with Nigel Planer is great. Lots of lovely Comic Strip and Young Ones chat. Planer is more than happy to talk about all of that stuff, presumably because he's gone on to have a very successful career doing other things. And he's obviously proud of everything they achieved in those days.

Then again, you wouldn't really expect the self-aware actor and writer who co-created arch-luvvie Nicholas Craig to be precious about that sort of thing: "The hippie was just one of the many, many characters I have inhabited over the years. A piece of juvenalia." He's not that sort of chap.

msm

Quote from: PaulTMA on May 24, 2021, 11:54:23 AM
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember what episode the disgusting pea story was told in AIOTM?  Have an urge to experience it again.

There's somethings you cant unhear, got no idea I'm  afraid 

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 09, 2021, 11:38:53 PM
Then again, you wouldn't really expect the self-aware actor and writer who co-created arch-luvvie Nicholas Craig to be precious about that sort of thing

Craig is my favourite character of his - fortunately loads of it uploaded to youtube (by Paul Putner, among others).

Main creator Christopher Douglas (Ed Reardon, Dave Podmore) in case anyone else doesn't know.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

An amazing character. And yes, apologies, I should've mentioned Christopher Douglas. Remiss of me, but I just meant that Planer clearly has no truck with pretentious actors, hence why he's happy to talk about everything he's done - the stuff that worked and the stuff that didn't.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 10, 2021, 01:13:19 AM
An amazing character. And yes, apologies, I should've mentioned Christopher Douglas. Remiss of me, but I just meant that Planer clearly has no truck with pretentious actors, hence why he's happy to talk about everything he's done - the stuff that worked and the stuff that didn't.

My Sister and I met him at the cast party for Bonjour LeClasse back in the early nineties and he was a little pretentious then, my sister asked him a nerdy question about The Young Ones and he was very dismissive and snotty to her. That was thirty years ago though, and he may have been just have an off night of course.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Youtube's been sending down the Richard Herring hole lately and I'm quite taken aback by the laddish (and unpleasant) tone I'm getting from some of these

EggsLikeABird

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 18, 2021, 07:22:34 PMYoutube's been sending down the Richard Herring hole lately and I'm quite taken aback by the laddish (and unpleasant) tone I'm getting from some of these
From Herring or the guests? Which ones you mean?

bgmnts

Yeah i'm wondering. I've only seen/heard a dozen or so but never got any weird vibe beyond Herring's insecurity.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on November 18, 2021, 08:03:45 PMFrom Herring or the guests? Which ones you mean?

Erm, Louis Theroux and Steve Coogan episodes just now. Lots of laddy jokes about dicks and a bit of casual misoginy and general crassness I expect from Dave/Top Gear etc

Mobius

International Men's day today

Is Herring still doing that joke

sutin

There's already two Herring threads on page 1 of CC right now, why are we resurrecting this one too?