Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Home, Colin!

Started by Keebleman, June 07, 2021, 06:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keebleman

I wonder what sort of do will be laid on for this ol' scamp when he gets back into civvies?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-57384393

JamesTC

Call me controversial, but I must say I don't think much of this fellow.

Probably my least favourite Colin. Baker, Caterpillar and Firth are all ahead of him.

bgmnts

Quote"Even though some 30 years have passed, this isn't the sort of crime one can ever forget," he said.

"My constituents remember the victims, people who went to school with these victims.

"It would be immoral, wrong and frankly dangerous to release this disgraceful murderer of two children."

Thing is, though, what's the point of prison then? Why not just kill murderers?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: bgmnts on June 07, 2021, 06:59:10 PM
Thing is, though, what's the point of prison then? Why not just kill murderers?

He'd probably agree with that though, the Tory fucker. I wish some media outlet would ask him exactly why he disagrees, pushing until they get an answer beyond just "I don't like it". Ask him specifically at what step of their deliberations the parole board has got it wrong. Has he read the 1100 pages of evidence that they considered?

DrGreggles

Butchers Blind

Maybe get the word 'NONCE' tattooed on his forehead like that CaB favourite from a couple of months ago.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently he will be given a new identity. From the courtroom artist's drawing, he now looks like the son of Dominic Cummings and Gregg Wallace.

imitationleather

What name will he post on here under?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Colin Pitchfork sounds exactly like a CaB pseudonym.

JamesTC

He's too late for Wimblewrong.

bigfatheart

Maybe he can replace Gary Lineker in the Walker's adverts, starting with a remake of this? He's more palatable and less threatening to most of the media.

imitationleather

Quote from: bigfatheart on June 07, 2021, 07:26:47 PM
Maybe he can replace Gary Lineker in the Walker's adverts, starting with a remake of this? He's more palatable and less threatening to most of the media.

Finding a job after prison can be hard, but the BT Sport Champions League presenter job has just come up for grabs...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

If my last name was Pitchfork and I was planning on murdering people, I'd do it with a pitchfork.

imitationleather

And we wonder why more double murderers don't pos... Actually there's bloody loads on here, aren't there?

Fambo Number Mive

It must be difficult explaining to someone who was in prison for 33 years how the world has changed. It will be hard to find him a job, even though he was a skilled sculptor of cake decorations according to Wikipedia.

I remember watching that Netflix drama about a recently released murderer which changed my attitude on released prisoners, although there is a lot of difference between
Spoiler alert
killing one person by accident
[close]
and raping and killing two people. I wonder why he did it.

imitationleather

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 07, 2021, 07:34:42 PM
even though he was a skilled sculptor of cake decorations according to Wikipedia.

His most recent commission:

Bazooka

He's going to fly off the handle once he sees Greggs has branched out into vegan food and salads.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently he exposed himself to over 1,000 women. He strangled his victims in order to protect his identity.

Let's hope he is a changed man.

Inspector Norse

Fambo Number Mive

Did the person who took the blood test for Pitchfork ever face any consequences?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pitchfork

O
Quoten 1 August 1987, one of Pitchfork's colleagues at the bakery, Ian Kelly, revealed to fellow workers in a Leicester pub (The Clarendon) that he had taken the blood test while masquerading as Pitchfork. Pitchfork told Kelly that he could not give blood under his own name because he had already given blood while pretending to be a friend of his who had wanted to avoid being harassed by police because of a youthful conviction for burglary. A woman who overheard the conversation reported it to police.[2]

On 19 September 1987, Pitchfork was arrested.[7] During subsequent questioning, Pitchfork admitted to exposing himself to more than 1,000 women, a compulsion that began in his early teens. He later progressed to sexual assault and then to strangling his victims in order to protect his identity. He pleaded guilty to the two rapes/murders in addition to another incident of sexual assault, and was sentenced to life imprisonment.[8] The Lord Chief Justice at the time of his sentencing said: "From the point of view of the safety of the public I doubt if he should ever be released."[9] The Secretary of State set a minimum term of 30 years; in 2009, Pitchfork's sentence was reduced on appeal to 28 years.[10]

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: imitationleather on June 07, 2021, 07:09:51 PM
What name will he post on here under?

Found him:
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=3522

He must have made an account on one of those small phones that people smuggle in inside their bottom.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is there a log somewhere of the rate of repeat offending incidents of people released after more than 20+ years inside?

Zetetic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 07, 2021, 07:57:25 PM
Did the person who took the blood test for Pitchfork ever face any consequences?
Ian Kelly was charged with obstructing the course of justice and given a suspended sentence of 18 months, based on a bit of Googling. (Can't find a very solid source.)

Fambo Number Mive

Catalogue of ills

This case was in my local news throughout the mid-80s.  It livened up my ghoulish teens.

The Mollusk

Not only did he kill two young girls, he's also responsible for the 4.9/10 review for The Mars Volta's first album. The man is a monster.

Jittlebags

Colin Pilchard would be a nice unobtrusive name for his new identity.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 07, 2021, 09:16:18 PM
Not only did he kill two young girls, he's also responsible for the 4.9/10 review for The Mars Volta's first album. The man is a monster.

Interesting to think how many reviews for things are made by convicts; I mean they've got the time.