Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy-related dreams you've had

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 01, 2021, 08:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

I had a dream this week that I was staying with the Always Sunny crew, I was in some weird room with them and I remember trying to get away from Dee in a shopping centre. We went to Seattle and I was telling Dennis how bad public transport was in the UK. Then I remember that I was one of the actors in the show and I would wear a different t-shirt when I was in character, I was also in a storage room throwing packaged food and books around (which I think came from watching the health inspector episode).

Anyone else had dreams featuring comedy characters or comedians?

Small Man Big Horse

Oddly enough I had one last night where I was staying over at a friends and the next morning went down for Breakfast to find he shared a house with a few other people including Stewart Lee and Bridget Christie. Lee was quite sneery and didn't give me the time of day but I clicked with Bridget, but just as I was hoping an enormous orgy would break out I woke up.

Ornlu

I once had to steal a book from my secondary school library with Reese off Malcolm in the Middle

colacentral

I've posted this dream on here before, but I once had a dream that I was watching Bob Monkhouse's chat show. I can't remember who he was interviewing, but he picked up a plate with a cooked breakfast on it, and said to his guest, "I bet you don't even know what these foods are." The guest replied, "Yes I do." So Bob picked up a sausage and asked "What's this then?" The guest replied, "That's a sausage." Bob then pointed at the baked beans and asked, "And what's this?" After a pause, the guest replied, "Those are smaller, orange sausages."

Then I woke up.

lebowskibukowski

Night before last, involved David Baddiel offering me a facemask with a massive skidmark on it. Further details are hazy.

non capisco

I also dreamed about Bob Monkhouse fairly recently, he was still alive and had the number 1 single on the UK pop charts with a vocal version of the cantina music from Star Wars. "Every night they dress to kill, dancing at the cantiiiiina!", something like that. It was more of a background detail to what ever else was going on the dream, that this was the cultural phenomenon of the time.

Edgar Balloon III

I spent years convinced there was a second Blackadder Comic Relief special that took place directly after the fourth series. I had clear memories of watching it, but given it never happened, it must have been a childhood dream (I would have been nine or ten years old at the time.) I remember expressing my annoyance it wasn't included on the video release of the series, much to the puzzlement of my father who had (obviously) never seen or heard of it.

The non-existent special took place in a field hospital (a large, brightly lit field hospital that was clearly a studio set) and featured all of the characters waking one at a time. Blackadder, initially delighted at his own survival, was then visibly annoyed to see that Darling had also lived. Baldrick was very pleased his 'cunning plan' of 'avoiding the bullets' had worked. That's about all I remember of it these days.

wrec

Quote from: non capisco on July 01, 2021, 04:54:28 PM
I also dreamed about Bob Monkhouse fairly recently, he was still alive and had the number 1 single on the UK pop charts with a vocal version of the cantina music from Star Wars. "Every night they dress to kill, dancing at the cantiiiiina!", something like that. It was more of a background detail to what ever else was going on the dream, that this was the cultural phenomenon of the time.

Not really comedy but similar - an old Top of the Pops performance from around '82: a bunch of squaddies in male voice choir formation performing their maudlin pro-Thatcher / Falklands anthem Someone's Got to Lead the Troops, sung to the tune of the EastEnders theme (though I think this was supposed to be the original version).

non capisco

^ Love it.

SOMEONE'S GOT TO LEAD THE TROOPS
WE'RE ON A BOAT
OFF TO THE FALKLANDS

wrec

There was an amateurish, down to earth sincerity to it in fairness, sombre in tone but with fond references to "Maggie" etc

Greg Torso

Quote from: wrec on July 01, 2021, 11:59:10 PM
Not really comedy but similar - an old Top of the Pops performance from around '82: a bunch of squaddies in male voice choir formation performing their maudlin pro-Thatcher / Falklands anthem Someone's Got to Lead the Troops, sung to the tune of the EastEnders theme (though I think this was supposed to be the original version).

Hahaha that's amazing.

Greg Torso

Quote from: colacentral on July 01, 2021, 02:25:25 PM
I've posted this dream on here before, but I once had a dream that I was watching Bob Monkhouse's chat show. I can't remember who he was interviewing, but he picked up a plate with a cooked breakfast on it, and said to his guest, "I bet you don't even know what these foods are." The guest replied, "Yes I do." So Bob picked up a sausage and asked "What's this then?" The guest replied, "That's a sausage." Bob then pointed at the baked beans and asked, "And what's this?" After a pause, the guest replied, "Those are smaller, orange sausages."

Then I woke up.

Fuck, I was trying to remember who said this on here a while ago! For some reason in my mind there were more foods, all being identified as "smaller sausages", nice one, good dreaming.

Icehaven

I dreamt last night that I was watching a film with Christian Bale and Cillian Murphy (not Batman) in which Bale played Murphy's father. I kept going on about how ridiculous it was because they were nearly the same age, and I kept saying "Cillian Murphy is only 2 years younger than Christian Bale, they're 45 and 47!" When I woke up I looked up how old they are and that's their actual ages. I don't think I've looked it up anytime recently, or possibly ever, and I'm not particularly interested in either of them so I don't know what they were doing in my dream in the first place. I mean if I'd had to guess how old they were I'd have probably guessed very similar (Murphy a bit younger though maybe) but it was still weird.

Sorry not comedy related at all, I just didn't know where else to post it. One of them must have been in a comedy at some point? Maybe not Bale, although that on set rant he did that Adam Buxton made into a jingle few years ago was funny. I'm rambling now.

Former

I dreamed an episode of Inside No. 9 set in a self-storage unit absolutely full of potatoes.

This was a couple of years ago; I was fairly disappointed that neither season 5 nor 6 featured the storyline from the dream.

rack and peanut

I woke up extremely disturbed after I dreamed Gomez from the Addams family planted weed on me.

samadriel

I had a dream that someone was making a biopic about my ex, and I was played by Steve Coogan. He was wearing a Joy Division t-shirt, and I remember thinking that was a fair assumption the wardrobe dept had made about my tastes, even though I don't really like Joy Division.

stonkers

The other night I dreamt there was a big scandal in the news when Andrew Neill was caught shopping in the now-defunct budget supermarket Kwik Save.

Quote from: icehaven on July 02, 2021, 05:14:02 PM
Sorry not comedy related at all, I just didn't know where else to post it. One of them must have been in a comedy at some point? Maybe not Bale, although that on set rant he did that Adam Buxton made into a jingle few years ago was funny. I'm rambling now.
Murphy was in Intermission available on Youtube! Also Watching the Detectives was a charming RomCom with him and Lucy Liu.

ElTwopo

Had a couple of dreams featuring comedians this week:

1) I'm just walking down the street, and bump into Tim Vine. He says "Morning" and I said "Yes actually, I'm on my way to funeral". He looked annoyed and said "Don't give up your day job".
2) I'm hanging out in a garden with Vic & Bob and Noel Fielding. Bob says "What do you want to eat lads?". Noel says "I'll have some of INXS's haggis pasta".

Don't know what it means but thought I should report it.

non capisco

Man, that "someone's got to lead the troops" to the tune of Eastenders dream upthread still makes me laugh.