Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
One Hundred and One Dalmatians was released exactly 60 years after the death of Queen Victoria. It's now just over 60 years since the release of One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

Cuellar

Ah, I've fucked that up. Unfinished draft in the wrong thread. Still, makes you think.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on July 08, 2021, 04:52:03 PM
The population of Britain is larger than the combined populations of Canada and Australia. I know it's because huge swathes of those countries are virtually uninhabitable, but I still would have thought their populations would be larger than they are.
Other top Canadian population fact is that 50% of the population of Canada live below the red line in this map:

(If you can't see the line, it's in the bottom left at 45°42′ N; 72% of Canadians live below the 49th parallel which is often thought of as the border between Canada and the US, and indeed forms most of the western half of the border.)

jamiefairlie

Yeah but that's because it's made of that waxy shit you get on babybels, utterly impenetrable.

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 08, 2021, 05:55:43 PM
One Hundred and One Dalmatians was released exactly 60 years after the death of Queen Victoria. It's now just over 60 years since the release of One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

It's like the baddiel and skinner football song rereleases.  "120 years ago since a ball went in a goal ohhh lalala"

Kankurette

People in Yorkshire call casts 'pots'. As in 'my leg was in a pot'.

Paul Calf

People in the midlands do too. 'Pot leg'.

Although I've never heard 'pot arm'.

Sebastian Cobb

stookie was the common one when I was clumping about in a cast in Scotland.

olliebean

Quote from: steve98 on July 08, 2021, 10:30:51 PM
But she did die 120 years ago - 1901

But not exactly 60 years before the release of 101 Dalmations.

steve98

Maybe not exactly, there might be a month or so in it - who knows? (Certainly not the OP who's already admitted he fucked-up on the facts front.)

idunnosomename

The population of the Northwest Territories is roughly the same as Merthyr Tydfil.

idunnosomename

no, literally. nearly all c.44 thousand people who live in Merthyr Tydfil also have a house in the frozen tundra and boreal forests of northern Canada.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on July 09, 2021, 11:46:13 AM
60 years and 3 days.

And this just so happens to be exactly how long ago Newman and baddiel sang about football coming home, as well

tree lines on his shirt
can we stop him aging
only if we cut into him
and count his rings

footballfootkickgoal
it's coming home
etc

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 09, 2021, 12:32:14 PM
no, literally. nearly all c.44 thousand people who live in Merthyr Tydfil also have a house in the frozen tundra and boreal forests of northern Canada.

Remarkable. I wonder if the First Nations lads there are ever tempted to burn down these second homes like those Sons of Glyndŵr scamps used to do.

touchingcloth

Paul Calf

She's been stuffed by an expert taxidermist and is enjoying a second career as Margaret Beckett.

Replies From View

BELT MY HAT, THEY STILL MAKE - YOU GUESSED IT.....

WELLIPETS!!!!

idunnosomename

Replies From View

I'm now annoyed though.

How can we live in a world where Henry vacuum cleaners are up there with your dad's ringpiece on mainstream television channels in primetime slots yet there's no Wellipets made in adult sizes?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on July 09, 2021, 05:31:37 PM
I'm now annoyed though.

How can we live in a world where Henry vacuum cleaners are up there with your dad's ringpiece on mainstream television channels in primetime slots yet there's no Wellipets made in adult sizes?

I'll put you in touch with my cordwainer. He's made me a pair of Crocs out of a pair of crocs - they were giving me a load of lip so I turned them into shoes. The arseholes are the apertures, so I belt them both up the arse with my feet most days of the week. He's also done me slippers out of whelks and some snow lion espadrilles.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on July 09, 2021, 06:14:00 PM
and you wear all those items at once.

Six shoes, two feet, two hands, a penis and some lovely balls. Can you blame me?

PlanktonSideburns

steve98

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 09, 2021, 07:03:36 PM
Brilliant word

Can also be used as a verb: AH'LL FUCKIN' STOOKIE YOU! (Hit you over the head with my stookie)