Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 04, 2021, 02:29:33 PM
There's Walt's last phone call to Skyler, where he is really aggressive and abusive towards her and she's upset and confused, until there's another penny drop moment where she realises he knows the DEA are listening in and is trying to make her look like his unwitting pawn and give her a chance of getting off the hook. Though as you say, Huell and Kuby knew she was complicit in Walt's crimes. Not to mention the suspicious purchase of a big fuck-off carwash. Walt ignoring Saul's suggestion that Walt turn himself in for Skyler's sake was just the last bit of their "Only Sane Man/Immune To Good Advice" dynamic before they parted ways.

You've also just reminded me that I really don't give a fuck if Bill Burr returns.

Saul even commends Walt's phone call ploy, but says at best it might earn her a mistrial in 18 months, or something along those lines. And it's never further explained how deep a legal hole Skyler is eventually in, or whereabouts along the process she is when we last see her.

And I'd be curious to hear how the "use the location of Hank's & Gomey's bodies as a bargaining chip" plan actually played out, and whether it would really work or not. Suspect her relationship with Marie was and would stay pretty poor even if she didn't play the "Oh, sure, I know where your husband is buried but I'm not telling until I get a deal" card. Though her being her I think she'd just ignore Walt's advice and give it up for free, and hope for some goodwill (perhaps with Marie now on her side) after.

What's the deal with Burr again? Semi-cancelled for some reason was it? Thought he was much better in The Mandalorian.

Blue Jam

Burr hasn't been #CANCELLED, he just seems to be trying very hard to appeal to Reddit edgelords these days. Not unlike Gervais, except I think he did the Grammys rather than the Golden Globes.

I'd actually really like to see a David Cross cameo, maybe as a blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance in one of Saul's cheesy late night commercials or something.

Now I think about it, Bill Burr hasn't been #CANCELLED, but Bob and David actually have had a sketch cut out of their Netflix show. Bill must be well jel.

Blue Jam

The Gilliganverse continues to expand:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/vince-gilligan-extends-his-overall-deal-with-sony-pictures-television-1235017785/

Quote"Better Call Saul" and "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan will stay at Sony Pictures Television for another four years, signing an extension to his existing overall deal.

Gilligan has been with Sony TV for more than 15 years. He will continue to serve as co-showrunner of "Better Call Saul" alongside co-creator Peter Gould for the AMC drama's sixth and last season, and will also develop a new project for the studio via his High Bridge Productions banner.

Gulftastic

JamesTC

mothman

Blue Jam

More spoileriffic pics on the All About Saul Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRPKRkerYOF/?hl=en

Spoiler alert
The combover mullet! YEEEESSSSS!
[close]

Blue Jam

As it looks like episode 607 has wrapped, a few more little leaks:

Apparently episode 602 will be called
Spoiler alert
"BVD"
[close]

Spoilery source link

I have been enjoying the speculation about this. One fan theory is based around the fact that
Spoiler alert
BVD
[close]
is also the name of a discontinued brand of "tighty-whities" and thus Walter White will call Saul to sue the manufacturers over an underwear-related injury. I have also seen a suggestion that it stands for
Spoiler alert
Bob vs David
[close]
which would be one hell of a cameo. Personally, I think
Spoiler alert
it's just "Boulevard" isn't it?
[close]

On the subject of cameos, there has been a casting call for a stand-in for an actor who would appear to be
Spoiler alert
John Ennis
[close]
:

Spoilery Facebook link

Could be a bit more substantial than a cameo, or maybe we'll just be meeting
Spoiler alert
Erin's dad
[close]

That second link is an interesting one, it contains lots of details of casting calls for extras, including lots and lots of
Spoiler alert
bikers, military types, UNM staff and students, and elders (Sandpiper Crossing residents?)
[close]
. Lots of requests to use cars
Spoiler alert
no newer than the 2004 models, which would suggest we're not getting a major time jump
[close]
. Also no cars which are
Spoiler alert
red or white- presumably because red=criminal innthis show, and only Saul gets to drive a white car?
[close]

Old Thrashbarg

Odenkirk has collapsed and been rushed to hospital: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bob-odenkirk-collapse-hospital-b1891895.html

Not much detail so far. Hopefully we get some official word that he's fine soon.

JamesTC

druss

I hope I'm not reading too much into this but I'm worried that they haven't said anything about his condition, don't they usually say "stable" if it's nothing to worry about? Hopefully he's okay.

lankyguy95

You die when I say you die.

Hope he's ok. It's hard not to overthink while there's no update.

Blue Jam

It's the middle of the night over in New Mexico, hopefully that's the only reason there's been no updates. Really hope this is just dehydration or exhaustion from a desert shoot or something.

Petey Pate

Better Call an ambulance for Saul.

Must admit, I first thought of Blue Jam when I saw the news.  Hope he pulls through.

buttgammon

Waiting for news is the real-life equivalent of one of those tense moments from the programme when you're begging Nacho or Kim to be spared.

selectivememory

Oof. You hate waking up to see news like this. Hope he's well.

Petey Pate

This David Cross tweet implies that whatever it is, it's pretty serious.  At least he's alive though.

https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1420248776552423427

Blue Jam

I took that David Cross tweet to mean that he knows nothing yet. This long without an update isn't sounding good though.

13 schoolyards

I think I've seen a couple of "you got this" style tweets about Bob from famous types, which has me worried it's some kind of stroke or other possibly long-term debilitating situation.

I guess that might explain the delay in reporting - they want to see exactly what condition he's in.

buttgammon

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself in speculating but I've been struggling not to refresh Twitter all morning and am finding it all quite concerning; no news probably isn't good news in a situation like this, but at the same time, it's still very early there.

The Mollusk

Ugh fucks sake, really hope he's doing okay. He's my hero.

Chollis

Quote from: buttgammon on July 28, 2021, 01:27:02 PM
I've been struggling not to refresh Twitter all morning and am finding it all quite concerning; no news probably isn't good news in a situation like this

yeah. this is shite. come on Bob!

mothman

Bugger. Hopefully it's just heat or working a bit too hard. Fingers crossed...

(Don't even want to think about it, but what would they do if - heaven forbid - he couldn't continue? At least seven episodes (out of ten?) in the can, doubt they'd shelve it - I don't think... Recasting? Digital masking? All the options suck, frankly, would sooner have him well and finishing this and doing Nobody Meets John Wick And Gets Taken For A Gunpowder Milkshake[nb]I just thought of this and now I REALLY want it to happen.[/nb] etc.)

up_the_hampipe

Very sad to hear this. At first I assumed it was some kind of heat exhaustion situation, but as mentioned, the tone of tweets from friends and the lack of updates is concerning.

JamesTC

The amount of cunts on Twitter oh so innocently posting he has been hospitalised alongside the information that he was vaccinated 4 fucking months ago.

I hope the anti-vaxx cunts choke on a vent while crying for the vaccine.

Blue Jam

It has been nice to see a huge outpouring of love for him on Twitter though. Lots of people rooting for him out there.

Had to stop looking now, over 12 hours and no news, this isn't looking good.

Blue Jam

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Checking in on this thread today has filled me with dread. Christ, I really hope he's okay. This is awful.

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 28, 2021, 04:21:58 PM
It has been nice to see a huge outpouring of love for him on Twitter though. Lots of people rooting for him out there.

Yeah, he really is beloved. Quite right too.

13 schoolyards

The way a lot of these celebrity tweets are phrased makes me think they've been told what's going on but it hasn't been released to the public.

It doesn't sound great, but a lot of these things can go either way in the early stages so yeah, fingers crossed big time he comes out okay.