Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Abba album

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 02, 2021, 06:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: The Mollusk on September 02, 2021, 09:28:33 PM
I've been there and done it. It's shit but at least the admission fee includes seeing actual real life outfits and not just fucking drawings of them or whatever. Not interested in paying a single penny to see a hologram of anything.

I've ben to that as well, it's a bit sureal that and I didn't partake but the rest of the museum is good

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: daf on September 02, 2021, 08:40:46 PM
Tron 3 cast revealed :

Would be great if that was the album cover

jamiefairlie

Quote from: daf on September 02, 2021, 10:10:23 PM
Anyone got Norris McWhirter's phone number? This must be a record for the longest gap between albums (40 years) - and with all the original members!

251-175-IRA

Oh, that was Ross, sorry.

benjitz

Anyone got Norris McWhirter's phone number? This must be a record for the longest gap between albums (40 years) - and with all the original members!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_gaps_between_studio_albums

This page seems to be undergoing heavy editing at the moment, a fair few new entries have been added in the past few hours at the top of the list...

daf

Ah, well down the list then.

Beagle 2

Don't Shut me Down really is a quintessential slice of ABBA that recaptures the original spirit of the band and stands alongside the biggest ABBA hits. Unfortunately I fucking hate ABBA.

pigamus

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 03, 2021, 12:01:45 AM
251-175-IRA

5381, that's what you need[nb]This is the worst joke I have ever done[/nb]

chveik

mama mia, here they go again

idunnosomename

I Still Have Faith In You is the better song imo. sincerely, a dumb metalhead

Custard

Surprisingly good songs. Admirable, after 40 years

Shaky

I didn't realise they were all quite as old as they are. Bloody Swedes.

chveik

fucks sake mate keep an eye on dan

Glebe

Quote from: Shaky on September 03, 2021, 03:59:18 AM
I didn't realise they were all quite as old as they are. Bloody Swedes.

They're Swedish!?!

Butchers Blind

My mum likes ABBA. She doesn't really own any records apart from a couple of ABBA compilations and that Elton John Diana remix from '97.

pupshaw

Quote from: Shameless Custard on September 02, 2021, 09:51:04 PM
Is a bit bleak seeing them as middle-aged people in tennis ball outfits, mind

Nice to hear that 75 is considered middle-aged these days, though

madhair60

Custard

Quote from: pupshaw on September 03, 2021, 10:07:21 AM
Nice to hear that 75 is considered middle-aged these days, though

The blonde one will live to 120, at least

Seems notable that they're all still alive, but it's not as if any of them were caning it like Keith Moon. Always seemed strangely asexual too.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 03, 2021, 10:01:42 AM
My mum likes ABBA. She doesn't really own any records apart from a couple of ABBA compilations and that Elton John Diana remix from '97.

If your mum likes ABBA, then she has excellent taste in pop. ABBA are mint (and skill). Elton's boohoo, the Queen of Hearts has died single is appalling, but your mum owning that is excusable. Mums of a certain generation are sometimes a bit weird when it comes to stuff like that.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 03, 2021, 11:01:06 AM
Seems notable that they're all still alive, but it's not as if any of them were caning it like Keith Moon. Always seemed strangely asexual too.

It's impossible to imagine Benny having sex, I agree. He's like a big daft labrador who'd rather hump a cushion than impregnate and/or pleasure another labrador.

The Lovely Agnetha isn't asexual, though. She must've played a starring role in the grubby, futile dreams of so many '70s adolescents.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

I thought the whole point of this booming hologram business was that you get younger people to do the dancing and playing then stick the heads on. Won't the young holograms just look like "young" Robert de Niro in the irishman hauling himself around?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

The official Xbox One tie-in looks great too

Famous Mortimer

Beaten to it by not reading page 2. My apologies. Although the number 1 on that list is obviously a vanity project.

pigamus

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 03, 2021, 11:13:45 AM
It's impossible to imagine Benny having sex, I agree. He's like a big daft labrador who'd rather hump a cushion than impregnate and/or pleasure another labrador.

The Lovely Agnetha isn't asexual, though. She must've played a starring role in the grubby, futile dreams of so many '70s adolescents.

This is my favourite clip. Seaside Special in 1975. They look incredible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNESujMM7m4&ab_channel=manuelvelasquezleiton

jobotic

Wow! Only forty years after that I visited Torbay. Small world. If that concert had still been going I'd have been well up for it.

buzby

Quote from: jamiefairlie on September 03, 2021, 12:01:45 AM
251-175-IRA

With that formatting, it's clear to see you have been in the colonies too long.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 03, 2021, 11:13:45 AM
I always wondered if Agnetha was the model that Captain Kremmen's assistant Carla was based on. I think both ladies had their strong points, as exhibited in the infamous 'leotard' performance of Voulez Vous on Spanish TV from 1979 (I think Anni-Frid in particular may have been enjoying the green room refreshments prior to this).

Quote from: pigamus on September 03, 2021, 01:33:58 PM
This is my favourite clip. Seaside Special in 1975. They look incredible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNESujMM7m4&ab_channel=manuelvelasquezleiton
And performing properly live, too.

Tony Tony Tony

I'll take something from ABBA over anything from the likes of Rita Ora or Cardi B any day.

Looked at the site for flogging tickets to the ABBATAR show (geddit... sounds like Avatar) https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/abba-voyage once you register you can peruse the site for more ticket info.

It seems a special arena (3,00 capacity) is being built at the Olympic Park. A variety of ticket packages are available including 'dance booths' where you can hire a space for you and several pals to bop away in relative privacy.

If it's anything like the Mamma Mia audience it will be filled with drunken middle aged (mostly) women trying to recapture their youth, it's gonna be great.

There is certainly a thirst for well crafted, melodic, whistful, (as BoBB notes above) divorce pop.