Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Coogan to play Savile on telly

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, September 26, 2021, 07:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

i'm not old enough to watch BBC One dramas

Video Game Fan 2000

Jimmy! I've invited Mr Corpse and Mrs Pre Adolescent Child from next door over for dinner tonight, so there better be none of your usual shenanigans

Yes dear

JamesTC

I'm 47; my girlfriend's 13. She's 34 years younger than me. Back of the net!

frajer

beanheadmcginty

Apparently they've got Anthony Daniels to play his robot chair.

Replies From View

Quote from: Joe Oakes on September 26, 2021, 10:00:40 AM
There must be a middle ground between doing nothing and commissioning a TV drama about Saville.

When oh when will there be a docudrama produced specifically to raise awareness of the correct way to spell Savile.

It's an accident waiting to happen, this.

Video Game Fan 2000

Wonder if Partridge getting Yewtreed was ever floated as an idea for a series. Potentially brilliant but no way the BBC would pay for it or Iannucci would do it justice.

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Replies From View on September 26, 2021, 04:59:12 PM
When oh when will there be a docudrama produced specifically to raise awareness of the correct way to spell Savile.

It was purely to distract from my bigger butchering of paedophilic. I never feel comfortable googling the correct spelling, yewtree already have enough dirt on me.

Cuellar

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 26, 2021, 05:07:21 PM
Wonder if Partridge getting Yewtreed was ever floated. Potentially brilliant but no way the BBC would pay for it or Iannucci would do it justice.

He'd try to blame it on Michael at first, then Lynn, then look around and run and run for ten minutes and then stop bent over panting.

Cuellar

Sidekick Simon brings it up in Mid Morning Matters.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 26, 2021, 04:06:42 PM
Scrapped footage showed the scouts eat Savile's stick of Blackpool rock and pleasure him on the beach.

pretty sure savile didnt go on location. cant really find the footage in context. man there's some creepy stuff on the internet before it was admitted he was a horrific abuser

QuoteSuddenly Sir Jimmy Savile comes over the Tannoy - "Now then, now then!" - like a voice from beyond the grave, even though he's very much alive and back in the TV studio, looking more or less like he always did. The disembodied Savile counts down from five and they're off.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2007/mar/29/broadcasting.g2

Replies From View

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on September 26, 2021, 02:42:22 PM
Surely in this day and age a CGI Savile would be possible.

and more than one would be desirable

Video Game Fan 2000

Why not just clone him and give him a job at the BBC again "the one thing we didn't want to happen"

Goldentony

you could CGI him into anything, fucking CGI him into La Grande Illusion

Replies From View

Quote from: Joe Oakes on September 26, 2021, 05:09:48 PM
It was purely to distract from my bigger butchering of paedophilic. I never feel comfortable googling the correct spelling, yewtree already have enough dirt on me.

paedo-phallic am i right, readers?  haha!!  now then now then!!!

Video Game Fan 2000

Replies From View

Quote from: Goldentony on September 26, 2021, 06:12:41 PM
you could CGI him into anything, fucking CGI him into La Grande Illusion

That Jacques Tati cartoon thing?

Video Game Fan 2000

Replies From View

Playtime with A Curated Quartet of Corpse Genitals

Video Game Fan 2000

The Eiffel tower is poignantly only glimpsed through the reflection on a morgue door

chveik

hope coogan doesn't go full actors studio for this

Video Game Fan 2000

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 26, 2021, 06:20:43 PM
The Eiffel tower is poignantly only glimpsed through the reflection on a morgue door

and it is a giant under-developed cock which Savile licks his lips about

Quote from: Goldentony on September 26, 2021, 05:44:38 PM
NOW THEN NOW THEN SHOWADDYWADDY

If Hugh Dennis has stopped doing that, something good's come from this.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 26, 2021, 12:29:58 PM
I think it'll be worthwhile if it explores how someone with ruthlessness, a natural flair for communication, PR and manipulation and a lack of ethics can rise very far from a very humble start, do evil and conceal it while remaining publicly admired.

What's Boris Johnson got to do with this thread?

jamiefairlie

Maybe they could do a crossover with this and the new Diana movie, where JS just so happens to be helping out at a French morgue on that fateful night.

Video Game Fan 2000

Marvel's What if... Princess Diana was Jimmy Savile

TrenterPercenter

Can't wait for the bit when he is just leaving the morgue and someone asks him if he knows he's got chocolate mousse on his face.