Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:31:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

"Remember the time he ate my all my hopes and dreams of a better future? And you lied to me and said I never had any hopes and dreams of a better future? But why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

"Ok Labour members, your turn"

"Hehehe....you got the dud!"

Video Game Fan 2000

Hmm....twat, knob, bawbag, cunt, melt....I think today I'll choose....cunt

Ferris

There's one about the focus group somewhere ("and you should win prizes by abstaining!") but I don't have the energy to do better than that.

Bernice

I'm a small man in some ways, Jeremy. A small, petty man. Three months suspension.

Wait a minute, Jeremy. Make that permanent expulsion.

Tories: We got Starmer's voters, and there's nothing you can do about it!
Starmer: That's not true, I can always buy more! Oh wait, no I can't. I needed those, I really did.

Bernice

Mr Starmer, you're clearly pictured here attending a protest for a £15 minimum wage.

That's true, but I was only in there to get directions about how to get away from there!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bernice on October 01, 2021, 08:49:02 AM
Mr Starmer, you're clearly pictured here attending a protest for a £15 minimum wage.

That's true, but I was only in there to get directions about how to get away from there!

Very nice

lipsink

Starmer loves work. He wants to take it behind the bike shed and tongue its balls.

That Laura Pidcock video is so sad when you see Angela Eagle trying to bully and intimidate her. Alexei Sayle is right. The people on the Right of the Labour Party are some of the worst people about.

Buelligan

Heheh,  yeah.  Eagle is super vile.  She's like they put her into a thing for making industrial diamonds and out fell a ball of purest cunt.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2017/02/02/damning-new-evidence-reveals-angela-eagles-brickgate-not-quite-seemed/

SOMK

Has anyone from the Labour left come out against Starmer with the same venom Mandleson came out against Corbyn?

I don't see any bigwigs on the left of Labour saying anything even remotely as severe as this about the leadership, doing everything they can to undermine Starmer, even as he shits on everything ranging from the party mechanisms, democratic procedure, living wage etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/21/peter-mandelson-i-try-to-undermine-jeremy-corbyn-every-day

Blair & Mandleson, for two people of huge ambition with no real discernible ideology that'd firmly peg them as to the left of the Tories, and yet so passionate about who should be in control of the Labour Party.

The Starmer regime make no sense as a programme designed to wrest power from the Tories (step one of which would have been to work proactively to unify the party as promised so it works as a cohesive unit and BUILD on the achievements of Corbynism), but makes an awful lot of sense as a programme to salt the earth of the Labour Party so that nothing like Corbynism can ever emerge again, which was the biggest existential threat to the the English establishment since James II had a son.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, I warned people about this at the start of last year and yet I'm still here, while lots of others have fled. Almost worth analysing whether I am HAHA STUPID MAN THEY ARE LAUGHING AT or whether it is the people they wanted to scare off.

And if you are still so unwilling to accept this, ask yourself how you felt when your opponents left the party under Corbyn vs how you felt about the ones that stayed and made life hell.

pigamus

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 01, 2021, 02:03:38 PM
Yes, I warned people about this at the start of last year and yet I'm still here, while lots of others have fled. Almost worth analysing whether I am HAHA STUPID MAN THEY ARE LAUGHING AT or whether it is the people they wanted to scare off.

And if you are still so unwilling to accept this, ask yourself how you felt when your opponents left the party under Corbyn vs how you felt about the ones that stayed and made life hell.

Doesn't being a professional contrarian ever get boring?

-"The sky is blue"
-"I'm not sure I agree with that"

-"Wednesday follows Tuesday"
-"That's not necessarily correct"

-"You are the best-endowed, most generous and most beautiful lover I've ever had"
-"I'm going to have to take issue with a couple of points here"

Famous Mortimer

Probably the same as I felt when the Labour Party refused to back the Miners Strike in 1984, expelled Militant, supported the wars in Vietnam and the Middle East, got rid of Clause IV, and sent soldiers in 18 times to break strikes between 1945 and 1951.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thanks for making my point for me. The Labour members of the early 20th century send their regards.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pigamus on October 01, 2021, 02:23:42 PM
Doesn't being a professional contrarian ever get boring?

-"The sky is blue"
-"I'm not sure I agree with that"

-"Wednesday follows Tuesday"
-"That's not necessarily correct"

-"You are the best-endowed, most generous and most beautiful lover I've ever had"
-"I'm going to have to take issue with a couple of points here"

You don't seem to appreciate my strength of feeling in the topic, believe it or not there is a world outside this and I'm putting an existing argument forward that while not prevailing does exist. If you can't cope with the ratio being 1 in 20 or whatever then good luck in the rest of your life. Your argument doesn't even work anyway, I have no history of contrarianism when it comes to Labour topics.

Fambo Number Mive

Did Labour support Vietnam? All I know is Wilson kept British troops out of Vietnam, making him I think the only prime minister to keep British troops out of the latest US war.

Might be biased because I quite like Harold Wilson.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: suelgi on October 01, 2021, 01:20:17 PM
Mandy v Milne.
https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1443165799569674245

While I feel the sentiment, no one's done that for a while and not in this new thread, so it's probably not currently worth getting in a scrap about again.

We all know where we stand now regarding being in the party or out, right, everyone?

Johnny Yesno

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 01, 2021, 04:10:13 PM
While I feel the sentiment, no one's done that for a while and not in this new thread, so it's probably not currently worth getting in a scrap about again.

We all know where we stand now regarding being in the party or out, right, everyone?

I don't. I'm still in the party, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 01, 2021, 06:28:25 PM
I don't. I'm still in the party, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be.

What I meant was we all know where everyone else stands. You're on The List as 'don't know'.

Cuellar

KennyMonster

Quote from: Cuellar on October 01, 2021, 08:04:45 PM
Might join Labour to see if I can get thrown out.

Post Alexei Sayle podcast I'm considering re-joining too.

I never quit though, I just didn't renew my payment details and ignored requests to update them until they all fizzled out.

If I do re-join I'll be upfront in my reasons for joining being "The politics of Jeremy Corbyn", although i might not get an option to state it this time if I'm just renewing.

suelgi

A bit of good news. Milne is finishing his book on the Corbyn era. It's called "Firestorm", should be fun.

KennyMonster

Quote from: suelgi on October 02, 2021, 12:56:54 AM
A bit of good news. Milne is finishing his book on the Corbyn era. It's called "Firestorm", should be fun.

I hope it gets to the top of the charts and makes the blue ticks furiously wet themselves again.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...The keynote speech lasted a lengthy 90 minutes – the longest Labour address in almost a decade.

But Sir Keir said the speech was only meant to last an hour, and was made longer by the rounds of applause he received from delegates in the room.

He told Sky News: "It was planned for an hour, the extra half an hour was because people were applauding and giving me standing ovations. It is a good thing."

Kay Burley promptly interjected and reminded the Labour leader about the disruption caused by heckling, to which he replied: "And heckling, yes."

But Sir Keir wasn't concerned about his speech length, and said: "If the only criticism of the speech was that it was too long, then I'll take that and trim it for next time."...

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/keir-starmer-labour-changed-leader-conference-speech-people-clapped-1225008

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1444301885209518080

QuoteVoting intention amongst 2019 Labour voters

LAB: 78% (-22)
GRN: 11% (+11)
CON: 4% (+4)
LD: 4% (+4)
OTH: 4% (+4)

Fambo Number Mive

Why would people vote Labour in 2019 but plan to vote Tory or Lib Dem now?