Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GamesMaster Coming Back

Started by Malcy, September 29, 2021, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Was announced last week but Rob Florence has just been announced as the presenter.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/channel_4s_gamesmaster_reboot_has_found_its_presenter

Says in the article it's been 23 years since it was last on. Thought it was on air a lot more recent than that.

Beagle 2

Ah that's encouraging, I saw they were bringing it back but I of course assumed they would make an absolute bollocks of it. Rob Florence being involved makes it look like they might actually know what they're doing.

Custard

Who's gonna play the Gamesmaster? I vote for Hufty

Rev+

Can't think of a better host, given that Diamond's permanently fucked off to Canada.  The natural line of succession means that the new Gamesmaster will be Brian May, and the tips section will be him doing a wanky guitar solo while the kids struggle to communicate their questions.

dissolute ocelot

Surely nobody needs a tips section now? Not sure there's much point reviewing games for 30 seconds on GamesMaster when there are a million people on YouTube and Twitch doing it in incredible depth. So are they going to concentrate on challenges? Or some kind of features?

And more importantly, what will the set be like?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I suppose The Artist Formerly Known as Fat Rab probably should be an encouraging choice. Having said that, I've not really enjoyed the Consolevania revival as much as the original run and Gamesmaster is even more densely wrapped in nostalgia. I'll give a look, but I'm leaning toward "What is point?" territory.

Malcy

Apparently this was hinted at back in February with a picture of Patrick Stewart next to it. Leading to rumours he would take over from Moore but I doubt he'd have the time seeing as he's gone straight into filming another series of Picard.

Get Brian Cox to do it. He's got the science credentials and his shiny face already looks like CGI.

Spiteface

Will there be female assistants like the Angels in series 5, or the mermaids in 6?

AnOrdinaryBoy

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on September 30, 2021, 12:26:21 PM
Surely nobody needs a tips section now? Not sure there's much point reviewing games for 30 seconds on GamesMaster when there are a million people on YouTube and Twitch doing it in incredible depth. So are they going to concentrate on challenges? Or some kind of features?

The tip section (Consoletation Zone) was ditched before the show ended its original run (I think series 4) as Dominik Diamond (quite rightly) thought it a waste of time, I'd guess it won't be making an appearance in the new limited run series.

Johnny Textface

Fingers crossed its in the same style as The Independint Charles Show.

Beagle 2

It's going to be an hour and all celebs for the first (possibly only) three episodes. Sounds like panel show territory.

thr0b

The filming location is an abandoned church/factory, or something. Apparently. So they're very much aiming for it to be a successor, rather than just looking like a generic panel show.

Replies From View

ON LEVEL THREE OF LEMMINGS ON THE AMIGA,

AsparagusTrevor

A modern Consoletation Zone would be:

Kid: "Gamesmaster? How do I unlock the Man Utd away kit for Fifa 22"

GM: "Go on the Playstation Store and select the Man Utd Away Kit DLC for £34.99. On the next screen enter the code from your parent's debit card..."

surreal

beanheadmcginty

I hope this paves the way for a reboot of Cyberzone with Craig Charles.

Replies From View

Gamesmaster was a show that made me feel ill, for some reason.  Made me feel sick.

Explain why

Mister Six

Presumably challenges, given how e-sports has taken off?

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 01, 2021, 04:57:11 PM
I hope this paves the way for a reboot of Cyberzone with Craig Charles.

With the brilliant catchphrase "Awooga."

Obel

Quote from: Malcy on September 30, 2021, 01:31:05 PM
Apparently this was hinted at back in February with a picture of Patrick Stewart next to it. Leading to rumours he would take over from Moore but I doubt he'd have the time seeing as he's gone straight into filming another series of Picard.

That would be great. He could do it as Locutus and it would be perfect.

Famous Mortimer

amateur

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on October 01, 2021, 01:43:23 PM
A modern Consoletation Zone would be:

Kid: "Gamesmaster? How do I unlock the Man Utd away kit for Fifa 22"

GM: "Go on the Playstation Store and select the Man Utd Away Kit DLC for £34.99. On the next screen enter the code from your parent's debit card..."

Yeah, this was my question. Do games even have cheats any more?

I can't remember any beyond NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK but it did me well enough.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm kind of excited but always feel it's a bit sad when Florence gets a games gig without McLeod.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Spiteface on September 30, 2021, 06:09:59 PM
Will there be female assistants like the Angels in series 5, or the mermaids in 6?
Will there be naked men like on Jimmy Carr Word Game?

idunnosomename

funnily enough Paul "Mr Biffo" Rose is running another Digitiser The Show kickstarter that's currently knocking through the stretch goals. I enjoyed watching the first series as it came out and how his channel has gone since. probably ought to chuck something in as I will definitely watch it all. bleh. im such as tight bastard.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mrbiffo/digitiser-the-show-level-2/

Chairman Yang

Replies From View

Quote from: Chairman Yang on October 25, 2021, 11:17:02 AM
haha aye, alright.

Surely his catchphrase is more along the lines of "that was the news for today; bye".

I still think it shoud be Brian Cox.

Who wouldn't want to see giant, swollen-headed Cox?