Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Webb on Strictly

Started by poodlefaker, October 03, 2021, 09:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Yes, television personality appears on television show, what a LOSER.

chveik

Bennett Brauer

Robert Webb is one of my comedy blind spots that occasionally make me feel like an imposter on this forum. It's ridiculous I know, but I can't watch Peep Show just because of him. He's just anti-comedy to me - an enervating presence.

Greg Davies is another.

Sorry, I don't have a coat and I'm staying.

Icehaven

I just read his book Come Again and was surprised how bad it was. I really like him normally, love Peep Show and their sketch show and How Not To Be A Boy was great, but he's no novelist. And now this?! Good luck to him though, at least he's not Anne Widdecombe.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" He's not Anne Widdecombe may not be the best possible form of defence to make BB change his mind about Robert Webb Although he ( BB, not Robert Webb) * should* give " The Cleaner" a watch, it's surprisingly funny, and may cure him of his Greg Davies aversion.

phes

Captain Z

I've not watched SCD, but wasn't he quite good on some Comic Relief dancing thing a few years ago?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: phes on October 04, 2021, 08:14:09 AM
so now he's a dancing cunt

Abba give serious consideration to a rewrite.

Uncle TechTip

Useless thread, 9 posts in and we've no idea if he's any good or not. Is he bad, good, deliberately bad, mugging to camera, amusing in the judges bit, what?

gilbertharding

Maybe I can help?

So far he's shown that he is not a bad dancer. He can certainly do all the required moves to a standard which suggest he may well be amongst the last seven or eight contestants to be eliminated. From the neck down, he's entirely competent. Unfortunately, it's from the collar up my problems with him stem. He cannot stop mugging and gurning. And his hair is awful. And the things that come out of his mouth. And the opinions.

Sadly, the judges (and presumably the Great British Public) seem to be either unconcerned or completely ignorant of all this. He's definitely not the only smug liberal involved in the show...

jobotic

Does he say "take that Corbyn" when he gets a good score?

gilbertharding

Everything he says sounds exactly like he's playing a character in a Mitchell and Webb sketch.

Uncle TechTip

It's the new "That Voice"

Thank you Gilbert for your succinct and on-point summary.

poodlefaker

Gilbert gets it. Rarely has a legacy been so copiously pissed on. The only consolation is that one week David Mitchell will be forced to attend and be seen cheering him on, at that point the least comfortable man alive.

Replies From View

Robert Webb is a very "toothy" performer.  He always leads with his teeth even though they aren't very big or anything.  He does this in everything, from his work with David Mitchell, his acting in Smoking Room, and I haven't seen him dancing but I bet he leads with his teeth when he is dancing as well.

It's hard to explain but I don't like it.

Didn't he do this years ago for Children In Need or something, I remember he was dressed as Jennifer Beales in Flashdance, or was that a dream? Am I dreaming now? Dunno

checkoutgirl

Quote from: mothman on October 03, 2021, 11:57:59 PM
Yes, television personality appears on television show, what a LOSER.

Bill Bailey was on a dance show recently and I respect him so it's par for the course unfortunately. When business is slow Johnny Rotten is hardly working in a call centre, no, he'll complain about Jordan in the jungle.

Sean Spicer (American politician) was on Dancing With the Stars in Merica. Why they wanted him I don't know.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on October 04, 2021, 09:24:45 AM
Useless thread, 9 posts in and we've no idea if he's any good or not. Is he bad, good, deliberately bad, mugging to camera, amusing in the judges bit, what?

Doesn't matter does it? I mean when you think about it. Or even before you think about it.

mothman

gilbertharding

Quote from: mothman on October 04, 2021, 12:58:08 PM

"I agree with Janice Turner. I now have no idea what she was on about, but I aggressively double down on my agreement nevertheless. I was at Cambridge." *jazz hands* *grin*

He's a cunt.

jobotic

I've been on the receiving end of a gif. What do I do now?

phantom_power

Quote from: checkoutgirl on October 04, 2021, 12:26:58 PM
Bill Bailey was on a dance show recently and I respect him so it's par for the course unfortunately. When business is slow Johnny Rotten is hardly working in a call centre, no, he'll complain about Jordan in the jungle.

Sean Spicer (American politician) was on Dancing With the Stars in Merica. Why they wanted him I don't know.

Bailey won Strictly last year and performed on the opening show this year

I thought Strictly had progressed from "show people go on to get a bit of a PR boost" to show people go on because they genuinely like dancing and/or see it as a good physical and technical challenge"? I am sure there are some of the former but I don't think it is the cynical attention grab that other reality shows are

mothman

Quote from: jobotic on October 04, 2021, 01:57:19 PM
I've been on the receiving end of a gif. What do I do now?

Try not holding grudges against anyone who ever said anything even slightly less than utterly complimentary about Jeremy Corbyn? ;-)

gilbertharding

Ha ha. No-one would have a problem with these centrist dad types, if they hadn't spent half the last 10 years noisily claiming to be left-of-centre.

And - what is it about Oxbridge which makes so many of these people so unreflective, so unable to see that they might not be right all the time about everything?

bgmnts

Quote from: mothman on October 04, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
Try not holding grudges against anyone who ever said anything even slightly less than utterly complimentary about Jeremy Corbyn? ;-)

Nah fuck that.

gilbertharding

Can this be the general Strictly 2021 Thread now then, or what?

Chollis

Old Nehamkin

Old Nehamkin

Seriously though in my opinion Robert Webb is a big dickhead who fully deserves to get made fun of on niche comedy forums. Probably not gonna budge on that.