Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Robert Webb on Strictly

Started by poodlefaker, October 03, 2021, 09:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

If you are gonna die, dropping dead live on TV during Strictly's Halloween Show would be a hell of a way to go.

bgmnts

Ha he just bottled it.

You'd assume they'd have gone through with him what it entailed when be signed up to do it no?

mothman

If we're joining the dots correctly here, then that is a teensy bit pathetic - though also starting to worry you might suddenly drop dead ain't gonna help. But if it's as bad - sorry, "weird" - as he said, then I have to say I'm surprised more people haven't dropped out for similar reasons in the past?

phantom_power

Difficult thing is difficult and requires hard work shocker!

"It's a long time to be nice". Only if you are pretending

frajer

lipsink

Aw, the poor man I hope he's okay. Doing a bit of dancing sounds way more stressful than the abuse trans people get on a daily basis that he helped contribute to.

frajer

Lay off lads, he just didn't think they'd be so much dancing and camera people filming him dance. I mean how could he have known

The Mollusk

"I mean I know it's called STRICTLY Mark, Christ, everyone knows it's called bloody Strictly. It just turns out that a lot of people, myself included, didn't know quite how literally they'd be taking the term "strictly" with the dancing, which, as it turns out, is very literally. It's literally strictly dancing."

Mobius

That's not very rainbow rhythms

QuoteRobert also spoke about the "weirdness" of constantly having cameras around, even during training.

???

In Peep Show he literally had a camera inside his head! 🤪

Knowing how embellished reality TV normally is, I'd always suspected they'd send in a camera crew a couple of times a week and get them to re-enact all of the rehearsal dramas, using dramatic licence a bit here and there to make it seem more exciting. That they've got a crew in there constantly filming is a bit of a surprise in that sense.

Must be boring as fuck for the crews unless the couple are having an affair.

jfjnpxmy

"Oh no, I got paid five figures to learn a skill from a [ridiculously attractive] expert in that field, how brutal."

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on October 05, 2021, 10:14:12 PM
James Bachman (regular third male performer on That Mitchell & Webb Sound/Look) posted here for a while.

Did he? I've seen him perform a few times in things, he seems a very good guitar player - several times sketches have "required" him to pick up a guitar and muck about with it in the back of sketches. Had no idea he was a CaBber, he's not even bald.

Consignia

Quote from: Mobius on October 18, 2021, 11:06:55 AM
That's not very rainbow rhythms

Ha, just watched the Peep Show were that was from, and guess who's character makes a transphobic comment?

gilbertharding

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 18, 2021, 12:20:47 PM
Knowing how embellished reality TV normally is, I'd always suspected they'd send in a camera crew a couple of times a week and get them to re-enact all of the rehearsal dramas, using dramatic licence a bit here and there to make it seem more exciting. That they've got a crew in there constantly filming is a bit of a surprise in that sense.

Must be boring as fuck for the crews unless the couple are having an affair.

Having an idea about how prone to exaggerate people are in general, and actors in particular, I was inclined to think that the cameras a couple of times a week, and a quick interview with Ryland is exactly what he meant by 'cameras always there'.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure if I'd just had major heart surgery I think I'd be taking very frequent medical advice if I were going to take on a job which involved suddenly adopting a punishing regime of physical exercise. Especially if I also found out that I wasn't, actually, very good a learning a new dance every week.

Still, at least now he and Mr Emma Thompson have fucked off, the show is now at least 30% more watchable than previously.

mothman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 18, 2021, 01:28:40 PM
Did he? I've seen him perform a few times in things, he seems a very good guitar player - several times sketches have "required" him to pick up a guitar and muck about with it in the back of sketches. Had no idea he was a CaBber, he's not even bald.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=5657

Interesting looking back through his posts. He was active here for longer, albeit sporadically, than I thought. Seems to have had some major ongoing feud with thepuffpastryhangman though.

mjwilson

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 18, 2021, 12:20:47 PMMust be boring as fuck for the crews unless the couple are having an affair.

All the couples are having affairs.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: mothman on October 18, 2021, 03:58:15 PM
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=5657

Interesting looking back through his posts. He was active here for longer, albeit sporadically, than I thought. Seems to have had some major ongoing feud with thepuffpastryhangman though.

Was also a regular on NOTBBC ( which also had sporadic posts from Charlie Brooker and Richard Herring- have those two ever posted on here? Andrew Collins was a semi- regular for a while, too).
James Bachman used to have a fairly decent comedy profile, didn't he? He played the counsellor in " Saxondale" too, if memory serves. Wonder what happened to him? Do you think looking a bit like Alan Davies held him back?

TrenterPercenter

Yeah bit of disappointment having nailed the Jez type character so well but then he opened his non-acting mouth and seemed a complete prick.

The zenith of his prickhood culminating with his infamous "read some fucking Orwell" comment which was actually a brilliant bit of satire of someone that obviously hasn't read any Orwell past 1984 or Animal Farm.  It's funnier still if you say this in a Jordan Peterson voice.

Read an article that he was apparently drinking excessively through most of the Corbyn years which added to getting angry on Twitter resulted in him having to have emergency heart surgery <insert Corbyn jedi meme>.

Pink Gregory

James Bachmann is Mitchell and Webb's Paul Putner and for that I like him.

Famous Mortimer

Bachman was (and presumably still is) a funny chap.

Jerzy Bondov

I was pleased to see Bachman in The Mortuary Collection, a very good horror anthology film with Clancy Brown

poodlefaker

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 18, 2021, 03:37:24 PM
Still, at least now he and Mr Emma Thompson have fucked off, the show is now at least 30% more watchable than previously.

Christ yes, Wise was unbearable. So humble, so desperate to be liked. Bloody actors.

bgmnts

Obviously things like dancing and touching and coupling is quite quite foreign to me, but how can you press yourself up to someone and girate on them every day for a few weeks and not end up shagging?

All the dancers and celebrities are shagging right? They must be.

Twit 2

Bill Bailey fucked Anton with a pool cue.

Quote from: bgmnts on October 20, 2021, 01:53:42 PM
Obviously things like dancing and touching and coupling is quite quite foreign to me, but how can you press yourself up to someone and girate on them every day for a few weeks and not end up shagging?

All the dancers and celebrities are shagging right? They must be.

I can't imagine Erin Boag wanting to jump into bed with Peter Shilton, so probably not. But then Katya ended up getting divorced off kissing that shit comedian, so who the fuck knows.

FAKE EDIT: I Googled Shilts to get a reminder who his partner was and his series was 11 bloody years ago. Fucking hell.