Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sparks

Started by the science eel, November 23, 2016, 09:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Blu-ray details announced for the documentary.
Extras include a full gig and 75 minutes of deleted scenes.

buntyman

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 08, 2021, 07:06:37 PM

Amazing! That's getting bought even though I probably wouldn't watch the documentary again, decent though it was.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on September 08, 2021, 07:06:37 PM

Out today on DVD, Blu-ray & VOD.

Artie Fufkin

Watched the documentary for the second time yesterday. God, I love Sparks. Ron is a legend. I feel an immersion into the back catalogue coming on.
I really really like this film. Really well done.

steveh

Don't think it was mentioned, but this is already on Netflix in the US and some other countries.

Artie Fufkin

You can come round to mine and watch it for £4.99

Jittlebags

Anyone received their rescheduled Roundhouse tickets yet?

I emailed asking about this a while back. Their reply:

"We no longer post physical tickets and have moved onto a digital ticketing system since last year. Approximately 48-hours before the performance, you'll be sent an email with your digital ticket attached."

Jittlebags

Wow 48 hours!!! Did they verify that your booking was still valid?

They didn't mention that, but on the Facebook event from the official Roundhouse page they say all original tickets remain valid.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

blimey, hadn't even considered when tickets would show up in the post i've been so used to the gig being well into the future.

can't wait for this one though. both(!) films last year just made it worse that this tour was rescheduled twice

Jittlebags

Aye. Got hotel booked now, am scanning Tripadvisor for restaurants. There's about 20 Vietnamese restaurants within a 1km radius. Get in.

The Mollusk

They've just announced they're reissuing remastered copies of all their post-millennium albums! Considering all copies of Lil Beethoven cost a fucking mint currently, being able to snag a copy for a tenner off their website is weird repetitious music to my ears.

The Mollusk

Fucking hell the boys really need to get themselves a new graphic design team. Just looking at the bundles you can buy for these reissues, who in god's name would ever be seen walking around in this?!

Picture on the front page of their website has got their disembodies heads/waving hands and of course it's just the one hand copied and pasted/flipped.

DrGreggles

I'd totally forgotten about this!
Can't bloody wait.

sutin

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 09, 2022, 05:31:05 PMFucking hell the boys really need to get themselves a new graphic design team. Just looking at the bundles you can buy for these reissues, who in god's name would ever be seen walking around in this?!

Picture on the front page of their website has got their disembodies heads/waving hands and of course it's just the one hand copied and pasted/flipped.

They're my favourite band of all time but fuck me that's an ugly shirt.

buntyman

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 09, 2022, 05:31:05 PMFucking hell the boys really need to get themselves a new graphic design team. Just looking at the bundles you can buy for these reissues, who in god's name would ever be seen walking around in this?!

The badges are good though. I've just spent too much money on that site thanks to you.

non capisco

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 09, 2022, 08:22:56 PMI'd totally forgotten about this!
Can't bloody wait.

Allstar CaB Sparks fan crew assemble!

The Mollusk

Yeah we need to get a squad together for a couple of pints beforehand. Who's in?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

where sorry, London?

The Mollusk

danwho9

Quote from: sutin on March 09, 2022, 11:00:22 PMThey're my favourite band of all time but fuck me that's an ugly shirt.

What even is that text. Looks like the kind of graphic design I recall seeing in the mid 2000s

Rich Uncle Skeleton

The Mollusk

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on March 23, 2022, 10:24:06 AMOh cool, yeah would love to join if I may?

Hell yeah. Will sort something out closer to the date, plenty of boozers we can stink up round that neck of the woods

Brian Freeze

Anyone going the Manchester one on the 14th of this month?

Dont know whether to expect reissued tickets or try with the originals?

Also have one spare as a mate no longer fancies it.

Anyone want it or know how best to make sure it dont get wasted? Not really up on these things.

DrGreggles

Won't be able to get there, otherwise I'd take it.
Getting in and out of London on Easter Sunday will be enough of a pain in the hole.

Vitamin C

A new album and another movie musical are in the works according to their onstage banter on the current U.S. tour.

phantom_power

The Sparks Brothers is now on Netflix

Jittlebags

Had email earlier from Roundhouse confirming electronic tickets will arrive 48 hour before the gig. So that's nice innit, erm...   Ron.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 01, 2022, 01:20:04 PMWon't be able to get there, otherwise I'd take it.
Getting in and out of London on Easter Sunday will be enough of a pain in the hole.

Oh christ