Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Egg on toast

Started by Catalogue of ills, October 18, 2021, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue of ills

We might as well do this, no? What's the worst that can happen, other than a raging conflict in which TrenterPercenter ends up flaying someone's eyes with a whisk?

Scrambled is best, obviously, because who wants the bulbous whites of a poached egg or the metallic tinge of a fried egg white? Toast absolutely must be thick and wholemeal. Not loads of milk in the egg but scrambled in plenty of butter, which will also be troweled on to the toast. A lot of black pepper, some basil added just before the scrambling is done. Smoked salmon optional.

Take me down.

Heid The Baw

Sounds fuckin lush. Can I have some now?

Fr.Bigley

Soft boiled on extremely buttery toast. Salt, black pepper..strong mug of tea.

TrenterPercenter

mothman

I have a weird phobia about egg in things. As a discernible component, not an integrated ingredient like in cakes. And I cannot eat eggs on their own. Have to have bacon, sausages, steak.

But the one exception to this is scrambled egg on toast. Any toast will do but wholemeal or multigrain is best. No herbs, just a twist of fresh ground black pepper.

Buelligan

And no milk, man, no milk.  Are you crazy?

poo

Herbs. It's the new cooling beans.

Twit 2

Deep fried crispy egg on top of nasi goreng or GTF

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 09:14:23 PM

Milk, yes. But not loads of milk, no. Milk though.

Buelligan

Why?  I think this is just some weird thing English people do to fuck up their own cooking, even on very simple things.  That is my opinion.

Cloud

I like poached the best for toast, but scrambled is fine also.  Either way I agree with the black pepper.  Plus some nice coarse sea salt.

Oh and eggy bread is ace.  Same seasoning.

For more of a meal of it, beans on cheese on toast with an egg on top.

mothman

OK so why - or why not - milk? I've had with and without and I'm not sure I can tell the difference.

imitationleather

It's nice how these days we're getting thread ideas from decade-old Facebook arguments, isn't it?

Next up: A picture of a fry up and you have to choose ONE ITEM to remove.

Buelligan

Never gone on Facebook, this is all fucking fields to me.  Make excellent eggs.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on October 18, 2021, 09:01:58 PM
Not loads of milk in the egg

Just kidding many would take your thumbs for putting milk in your scrambled eggs but I like and respect a prison scrambler.

Proper scrambled eggs are meant to just take the dairy from the butter used to cook them in; you do this if you want your creamy just a shade from cooked eggy goo that you get in the posh hotels and the like.  I do also like them paler and firmer with a bit of milk. 

As a rule you would only have posho-scrambled if they are the main event and then yes garnish with salmon if you must or chives (just black pepper for me).  Prison scramblers come into their own however as part of a bigger breakfast where they are exceptionally good with beans on toast not around toast or in a bain-marie on the cunting side.

I take my boiled or fried eggs as much as any decent folk would and poached has a place between your florentines and benedicts.

Cloud

Quote from: imitationleather on October 18, 2021, 09:19:02 PM
It's nice how these days we're getting thread ideas from decade-old Facebook arguments, isn't it?

Or that black and blue dress...

mothman

Quote from: imitationleather on October 18, 2021, 09:19:02 PM

I vote we remove bacon, because it's "imitation leather" and rhymes with "Ron." 😛

Buelligan

I vote we remove bacon because it's part of someone's corpse.

Cloud

You know those little crunchy "bacon (flavoured) bits" you get with salads and stuff?

Right, well this gives me the idea of sprinkling some of those on scrambled egg on toast.  Reckon that would be nice.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cloud on October 18, 2021, 09:23:53 PM
You know those little crunchy "bacon (flavoured) bits" you get with salads and stuff?

Right, well this gives me the idea of sprinkling some of those on scrambled egg on toast.  Reckon that would be nice.

Always think they're what ends up on the operating theatre floor following a limb amputation.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Cloud on October 18, 2021, 09:23:53 PM

You do this and I will find you and beat you to death with a slightly warmed ramekin

Tony Tony Tony

Folks I vote for Eggs Benedict.

No it is not bourgeoisie, they even serve it in Wetherspoons.

Jittlebags

As per beans thread. Put the egg on the plate, not on the toast. Slice egg in half, convey onto toast and transfer to mouth. Creamy egg yolk on crunchy toast.

Johnny Foreigner

Sunny side up – cannot beat it.
- Crack open six eggs into a pan and leave them as they are.
- Whilst still runny, add button mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkling of basil.
- Open a tin of Spam, chop up its contents into cubes and add to the eggs.
- Wait until egg whites have stiffened and remove from pan.
- Serve with fried bread slices.
- Scoff.

TrenterPercenter

God, fucking Americans;

"Hi guys, how do you want your eggs? sunny side up or over-easy"
- We are in fucking Bradford mate, just fried eggs, and get them roller blades off your hooves as well ya muppet.

Johnny Foreigner

If you're going to Bradford, be sure to wear flowers in your hair.

flotemysost

I had fried egg on toast yesterday morning, honestly in part because reading about all the breakfast goings-on at the Big Baps cafe kept making me think about cooked breakfasts. (I didn't go dogging afterwards though. Probably for the best not to do it in that order, anyway.)

One of my lazy lockdown slap-up tea staples was leeky eggs, basically just scrambled eggs with chopped fried leeks in them. On Birdseye waffles though, like a heathen.

olliebean

"The metallic tinge of a fried egg white"? Mate, I think you need a new frying pan.

Scrambled would be my choice, since I discovered how easy it is to do in the microwave. Fried is good with beans, though.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: olliebean on October 18, 2021, 10:10:41 PM
"The metallic tinge of a fried egg white"? Mate, I think you need a new frying pan.

I know I was going to mention this

Fried eggs white are terrible because they taste metallic

Or

a) You have shit pans
b) Your taste buds are fucked from too much felching
c) You are having a stroke

touchingcloth

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 09:14:23 PM

1/4 cup of heavy cream is all that's needed to make those people eggs sing.