Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Egg on toast

Started by Catalogue of ills, October 18, 2021, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 18, 2021, 09:27:04 PM
You do this and I will find you and beat you to death with a slightly warmed ramekin

Kinky

mothman

It's all right, I wouldn't worry - he's so finicky, by the time he's chosen which ramekin to use (Gü change their design regularly, which is incredibly vexing tbh) you can be miles away.

touchingcloth

Hold on. Just as soon as I've got this thing up to temperature you are history, buddy.

Cuntbeaks

Boiled, but not too soft, the yolk must still have a fair percentage of hardness. Mashed up in a cup with plenty of salt and butter. Finely chopped spring onions if you're feeling hedonistic. Spread onto slices of buttered toast.

Fucking eggs, love 'em.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on October 18, 2021, 11:36:53 PM
Boiled, but not too soft, the yolk must still have a fair percentage of hardness. Mashed up in a cup with plenty of salt and butter. Finely chopped spring onions if you're feeling hedonistic. Spread onto slices of buttered toast.

Fucking eggs, love 'em.

My partners family does a dish called "egg on toast" which is a lot like this - soft boil an egg, toast two slices of bread and scoop out and smush the egg over one side with salt and pepper before forming a toasted sandwich. Still annoys me that it's not called egg in toast, mind.

Lost Oliver

just scramble it with a fork and throw the remains on any toasted bread, providing it's soaked in butter

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Strange request, but ok.....

Go on, toast! Go on, do it! It's alright, you won't t get into troub[nb] just been re- watching " Filthy, Rich & Catflap"[/nb], just do it!

Pink Gregory

crumble up a certain amount of tofu (not silken), black salt, turmeric, little bit of alt milk.  Maybe fry/roast some cherry tomatoes beforehand, stir them in. 

if you don't eat of the egge

Jittlebags

I watched The Great British Menu final last night, and every course had a fucking egg in it. Apart from pudding which was a dog-bone. I bet Mrs Beardsley was frothing herself.

Scrambled eggs French style like Gordon Ramsay does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

Piece of piss to make, absolutely delicious. You'll not go back to rubbery milky shite after that.

The prefect eggs need to be hard boiled for 10 mins and then left to cool for another 5.  Add salt and away you go!

Stop leaving your food to cool, you weirdo.

Fucking tepid egg and cold boiled beans, I ask you.

Absolutely done my head in.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 19, 2021, 11:22:27 AM

Piece of piss to make, absolutely delicious. You'll not go back to rubbery milky shite after that.

I love the first comment:
"why does gordon always talk like he's being followed and only has a small amount of time to give you important information before he's killed"

olliebean

A couple of minutes in a microwave (being removed for scrambling with a fork at various points) makes just as good a scrambled egg as you can do in a pan, doesn't keep cooking when you take it out so timing it to be ready just when the toast pops up is less critical, and a bowl is easier to clean than a pan.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on October 18, 2021, 09:14:23 PM
And no milk, man, no milk.  Are you crazy?

I know. I nearly deleted my fucking account when I saw that.

robhug

I follow Bob Mortimer's method, 2 eggs - fill half the broken eggshell with whole milk per egg, salt pepper, whisk, half a thumb sized knob of butter on high heat till its melted then chuck it on for 3 or 4 minutes stirring it like fook. Different gravy to the microwave shit the plebs advise.

Cuellar

Half a pack of butter and a shit load of cream, how does he make his eggs so nice!!!

Chollis

yeah that much butter for 1 serving actually makes me feel a bit sick

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on October 19, 2021, 11:22:27 AM

Nobody mentioned tubes in my butter form factors of the world thread

Cuellar

I mentioned the RFF (roll form factor), which is what Gordon was using there

Dex Sawash

Thank you for your service

Cuellar

Dex Sawash

I don't like to sit down or use extra cutlery so have developed a more portable egg on toast.
Fried egg on tortlla with broken yolk, over medium (so it doesn't drip on my shirt)
Today's add in was Spicy Chili Crisp Condiment but usually it is just a big pinch of grated parmesan and loads of black pepper.

TrenterPercenter

Just had scrambled eggs on toast.  Thanks.

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on October 19, 2021, 11:50:06 AM
I know. I nearly deleted my fucking account when I saw that.

And Ramsay's fucking crème fraîche fucking bollocks.  This is simple food. 

Three eggs, black pepper, into a generous helping of butter (that you have already gently melted in a small pan).  Agree with Ramsay on the on/off the heat thing - and the stirring constantly.  Attention is key.  Keep it moist, light, creamy.  Straight out onto (buttered) toast more pepper, salt if you want.  I do pan fry my little tomatoes in olive oil but finish them with black pepper and a small dash of balsamic vinegar which keys up their sweet tartness and makes them perfect, visually and flavour-wise with the eggs. 

All this fucking chives and smoked salmon balderdash takes one away, IMO, from the point of scrambled eggs.  It's just poncy shite, scrambled eggs is not poncy shite (or it shouldn't be).  You need good eggs, mind.  Good eggs, butter, pepper.  Salt if you must.

seepage

Quote from: olliebean on October 19, 2021, 11:49:04 AM
A couple of minutes in a microwave (being removed for scrambling with a fork at various points) makes just as good a scrambled egg as you can do in a pan, doesn't keep cooking when you take it out so timing it to be ready just when the toast pops up is less critical, and a bowl is easier to clean than a pan.

Partner's had one of two explosions when they opened the door though, but that hasn't put them off yet.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on October 18, 2021, 09:01:58 PMsome basil added

Takes all sorts I suppose.

I like scrambled egg on toast unadorned.

I like sometimes like to jazz up fried egg on toast with a sneaky slice of quality ham under the egg. When I'm feeling fruity a slice or two of cheddar will be placed on the egg as well.

I've never gone in for condiments or herbs on egg and the only spice I'd use is a pinch of salt on fried egg on toast but when ham is used even the salt is unnecessary.

Cuntbeaks

All this, "microwaved scrambled eggs are great", is absolute fucking dribble. Laziness and a slovenly attitude towards egg preparation has turned people's minds to slush.