Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:25:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

shut the fuck up about squid game

Started by madhair60, October 25, 2021, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I'm not fucking watching it. I don't care. I don't care how good it is, I won't like it. I know i won't like it. I'm not interested. Stop fucking going on about it. Yes I've heard of squid game, I'm sure it's great, but it's TV, I'm not interested in serialised TV. Please stop telling me about squid game. I beg you

Replace squid game with basically any telly that isn't comedy to be honest.

Thread for "how the fuck do you have time to watch every single thing that comes out ever"

QDRPHNC

Yeah, I'd appreciate it if everyone could shut the fuck up about Squid Games too, thanks.

Johnny Yesno

C_Larence

QuoteThread for "how the fuck do you have time to watch every single thing that comes out ever"

It's not just that, for me it's "how do you not have the dignity/curiosity to not just watch whatever new slop netflix shoves down your throat"

chveik

sorry to be pedantic but it's hardly TV, more 'streaming service content'

Thursday

It's one of the rare cases I actually did watch one of these things, and it was alright. Pretty good but not essential. Shit ending.

But yes I agree with the sentiment. Why do people watch all these boring mediocre dramas. I can't believe they actually enjoy them, I think just feel a need to be culturally up to date and have an opinion on everything.

Twit 2

Cold Meat Platter

I think it's actually called a game of squids

vanilla.coffee

Is it like the Japanese tv show 'Ultraman' ?

Goldentony

absolutely no connectuion to ultra q, ultraman or any of the subsequent series or films

Goldentony

cant speak for the manga but it isnt in the original anime or the edits they made for the european markets

Goldentony

cant see any direct tokusatsu connection being likely at all no matter the franchise, seems very unlikely

easytarget

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 25, 2021, 01:32:00 AM
What's Squid Game?

What a squid game you play, to make me feel this way
What a squid thing to do, to let me dream of you

H-O-W-L

Retinend

Has anyone seen Squid Game? It's really good.

Johnny Textface

Can anyone on here please tell me about Squid Game?

Buelligan

I give it an approval rating of 93% with an average rating of 8.3/10. Squid Game's unflinching brutality is not for the faint of heart, but sharp social commentary and a surprisingly tender core will keep viewers glued to the screen – even if it's while watching between their fingers.  I say that without even knowing what the fuck it is.  Or caring.  That is what I say.

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

Vinnie01

Although I heard about it.

I have not watched TV since 2012.

As per usual its probley crap that goes on TV.

Pink Gregory

Thing is, I would quite like to watch it but I've now seen so many memes made from it, so many times, that I now don't want to.

It feels like an utterly contrarian impulse to not want to be 'part of the conversation', but I really don't. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I was totally shutting all fuck up about squid game then this cunt starts a thread

Retinend

but seriously, you gotta watch Squid Game. Not even ironically.

PlanktonSideburns

Already read steven king's two very short books on this subject, dont need to watch it drag out over many hours like

Alberon

Squid game is brilliant! You must watch it RIGHT NOW!! Your life has no meaning without Squid Game!!!

I've not watched it.

TrenterPercenter

Thing is it isn't even that good; it's incredibly flawed and quite poorly written.  It's fascinating how it has resonated with people for some reason.

MojoJojo

I watched Squid Game, and now I understand that being poor isn't very nice.

madhair60

Quote from: C_Larence on October 25, 2021, 01:34:23 AM
It's not just that, for me it's "how do you not have the dignity/curiosity to not just watch whatever new slop netflix shoves down your throat"

yes, also this. What have you been watching then? Oh, the same thing as every other cunt. Fascinating