Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

shut the fuck up about squid game

Started by madhair60, October 25, 2021, 01:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: madhair60 on October 25, 2021, 01:13:16 AM
I'm not fucking watching it. I don't care. I don't care how good it is, I won't like it. I know i won't like it. I'm not interested. Stop fucking going on about it. Yes I've heard of squid game, I'm sure it's great, but it's TV, I'm not interested in serialised TV. Please stop telling me about squid game. I beg you

Replace squid game with basically any telly that isn't comedy to be honest.

Thread for "how the fuck do you have time to watch every single thing that comes out ever"
I've never seen it.

Blue Jam

Is Squid Game the new Game of Thrones?

Squid Game of Thrones?

Blue Jam

Quote from: madhair60 on October 25, 2021, 01:13:16 AM
Replace squid game with basically any telly that isn't comedy to be honest.

Thread for "how the fuck do you have time to watch every single thing that comes out ever"

Tell me about it. Curb and Succession are back and new episodes of both drop on the same day of the week. It's like that time we got new series of Better Call Saul, This Country and BoJack Horseman all at once.

wooders1978

Watched half of episode one, thought it was shite and switched it off - too can tell I was right by all the people who like it

Cloud

The what now?  I thought they'd stopped doing Splatfests?

Buelligan

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 25, 2021, 11:52:39 AM
Do subtitles mask bad acting? I nearly alway like sub'd things that I watch ( but not watched Squidward Game)

Ideally, they use a giant font.

Cuellar

Squid Game is good, it's like an anime

Stoneage Dinosaurs

When I watched the Godfather the first time I watched it in 30 minute chunks over the course of a week, so that it would be more like tv. It's very cool to do it that way, you get to pick your own episode cliffhangers too

Paul Calf

Goldentony

this squid game is it hey, you like this?

Mr_Simnock

I watched most of first episode, decided it wasn't for me, won't watch any more.

Johnny Foreigner

Never heard of this thing. Is it by Julian Fellowes?

Uncle TechTip

I've read the synopsis and it doesn't really interest me, I'll be giving this one a miss.

kngen

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 25, 2021, 11:52:39 AM
Do subtitles mask bad acting? I nearly alway like sub'd things that I watch ( but not watched Squidward Game)

I always wondered that myself, then I watched Battle Royale 2, and the bloke they got into replace Beat Takeshi solved that riddle for me.

chveik

Quote from: Retinend on October 25, 2021, 09:15:41 AM
I think it's a sign that people are more cosmopolitan, not more racist, that Squid Game is so (rightly) popular.

anime and south korean rape-revenge films and k-pop etc. have been popular for years in the west, what does Squid Game actually change in that paradigm?

Chedney Honks

I watched the first episode of the this with my wife while we can having dinner. Entertaining night for sure, I enjoy the vosual flair and the tender elements with the main guy's, excellent actor and even though dubbed vocals. Looking forward to where the this goes! Music is a also pretty good, reminds me somewhat of Salyu X Salyu whinchat you'll want to listen to;

https://youtu.be/brec06BA6JU

Spiteface

Consignia

vanilla.coffee

Not seen it yet.
Can I video plus it? Or do they not put the codes in the TV guides anymore?

poo

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on October 25, 2021, 04:38:51 PM
I watched most of first episode, decided it wasn't for me, won't watch any more.

I saw the clip they showed on Gogglebox, I didn't need to see any more.

Buelligan

touchingcloth

Netflix's goal is to profit simply by having people talk about Squid Game whether or not they like it or have even seen it, and this is why I will never talk about Squid Game.

Head Gardener

Buelligan

Roll on for men, with the great smell of Squid.

madhair60

Quote from: Buelligan on October 26, 2021, 08:43:23 AM
Is Sir David Amess in it at all?

Yes, it was his final role. In what is now recognised as a somewhat darkly comic coincidence, he dies from multiple stab wounds.

Buelligan

When you put it like that, it is funny.

Cuellar