Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chucky (doll series)

Started by madhair60, October 14, 2021, 01:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Chucky mate. off of Child's Play. He's got a telly series now, called Chucky. First one's out, it's fun. Direct continuation of the last non-reboot film, Cult of Chucky, but the first episiode doesn't seem to require knowledge thereof.

Always had a soft spot for Child's Play/Chucky.

AsparagusTrevor

I've always had a soft spot for the films too. Couple of them less than the others, sure, but on the whole they're a lot of of fun.

There are a few positive reviews of the first few episodes. I'm mainly just eager to see how they continue from the batshit conclusion of the last film.

madhair60

no cunt cares about Chucky.

enjoying this so far.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm tempted to watch this as I've heard good things about it, I've seen all of the films apart from Cult of Chucky and the 2019 remake, will that make any difference or can I see the series without watching them?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: madhair60 on October 24, 2021, 05:01:55 PM
no cunt cares about Chucky.

enjoying this so far.
I'll probably wait til there's a few available to binge.

Rev+

Is the original director involved?  He was rightly pissed off about that remake a couple of years ago with Luke Starwars, because he hadn't surrendered his rights to the franchise and it was looking to get legally nasty. 

I'll probably not be arsed watching it, just interested.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Rev+ on October 28, 2021, 01:30:09 AM
Is the original director involved?  He was rightly pissed off about that remake a couple of years ago with Luke Starwars, because he hadn't surrendered his rights to the franchise and it was looking to get legally nasty. 

I'll probably not be arsed watching it, just interested.

Yeah this show is from the original director, which is part of the problem for me. It really is just more of the same, an endless parade of horror cliches all held together with some of the most unlikable characters I've seen in a show. I know the characters have to be unlikeable in horror so you can cheer when they get killed off but there's literally no one worth watching in the whole show. As a big fan of the films this is a bit disappointing for me, Clive.

BeardFaceMan

This has picked up a bit since Jennifer Tilly made an appearance, enjoying it a bit more now.

Exposition

Thoroughly enjoying this, it's pretty much everything I was hoping for.

Replies From View

Who have they cast inside the Chucky costume this time?

bgmnts

I like Chucky when he was voiced by Brad Dourif cheers.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on November 21, 2021, 11:51:23 AMI like Chucky when he was voiced by Brad Dourif cheers.

He's voiced by Brad Dourif in this series

madhair60

Nearly caught up and really liking this now. Daft fun.

BeardFaceMan

This got a lot better in the 2nd half of the season, ended up really enjoying it. Roll on season 2.

Exposition

Ecstatic that this was renewed for another season, I thought this kicked ass by the finale.