Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Latest Tory cronyism

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 03, 2021, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#watto

EDIT: NEW PAGE NO CONTEXT CUNT

jobotic

Committing suicide on your spouse's birthday seems like...I dunno, could be significant.

Bit unseemly to speculate I suppose. All we know is that Paterson is 100% above reproach.

Anyway, there'll be another one along in a minute.

jobotic

Seems Labour MPs mocking his wife's suicide was a Murdoch/Tory fabrication.

Bigfella

He weeps about his integrity being 'repeatedly and publicly questioned'.  The BBC website articles state quite a few specific instances where he is recorded as acting wholly illegally as an MP, in fact on numerous distinct breaches of the law.  That means some of his parts are not integral.  Should they be booted?

jobotic

Paul Calf

Imagine the media questioning the integrity of corrupt, lying MPs. Almost as though it's their job.

Mr Banlon

So Boris and the Tories pretzeled themselves into knots to save the bloke, and the cunt just fucks off. Just like Cummings. Fucking chancers.

Bigfella

Quote from: jobotic on November 04, 2021, 03:29:06 PM
Sorry, but which article?
I typed his name into google and found it right away.  Forgive me mate, I don't have a PC or anything, just a primitive caveman phone.  Hopefully others can provide the links.

Fambo Number Mive

In related news, it's finally been confirmed that Johnson stayed for free at a holiday home owned by the family of Lord Zac Goldsmith - who received a peerage in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59163689

studpuppet

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 04, 2021, 11:07:15 AM
The Jockey Club does seem to have an influence in a lot of this - Paterson, Jenrick, Hancock, Dido Harding.  We should be rounding up the jockeys.

We need The Artist Formerly Known As Prince!

jobotic

Quote from: Bigfella on November 04, 2021, 03:42:38 PM
                                   I typed his name into google and found it right away.  Forgive me mate, I don't have a PC or anything, just a primitive caveman phone.  Hopefully others can provide the links.

Ta, think I've found it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59163961

buttgammon

I wonder how much of the reportage is going to focus on the massive corruption and how much will discuss how this poor man was hounded out of office by The Trolls

Bigfella

Quote from: jobotic on November 04, 2021, 03:55:44 PM
Ta, think I've found it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59163961
Indeed you have!  Please note that the charges are preceded by a statement that this is a finding of the Parliamentary Council.  No matter if the BBC is left, right, up or down, they wouldn't say this without the nod from the lawyers.

Bigfella

Quote from: Bigfella on November 04, 2021, 04:15:23 PM
                                    Indeed you have!  Please note that the charges are preceded by a statement that this is a finding of the Parliamentary Council.  No matter if the BBC is left, right, up or down, they wouldn't say this without the nod from the lawyers.
Just to keep things sweet, please read 'Commons Standards  Committee' instead of 'Parliamentary Council'.

jobotic

paerson's son stating that "The Labour Party laughed at my mother's suicide".

Presumably he's not a child and he knows that's not true. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

So how long before Paterson becomes a Lord?

jobotic

QuoteJohnson pays tribute to Paterson, describing him as 'a voice for freedom'
Boris Johnson has issued a statement paying tribute to Owen Paterson. He said:

I am very sad that parliament will lose the services of Owen Paterson who has been a friend and colleague of mine for decades.

He has had a distinguished career, serving in two cabinet positions, and above all he has been a voice for freedom - for free markets and free trade and free societies - and he was an early and powerful champion of Brexit.

I know that this must have been a very difficult decision but I can understand why - after the tragic circumstances in which he lost his beloved wife Rose - he has decided to put his family first.

A truly wonderful man. A David Amess.

Quote from: jobotic on November 04, 2021, 04:58:28 PM
paerson's son stating that "The Labour Party laughed at my mother's suicide".

Presumably he's not a child and he knows that's not true. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

So how long before Paterson becomes a Lord?

Sick off the entitlement, drunk off the privilege. To the point where it probably isn't even a cynical grift from their perspective. These people genuinely believe that what they are doing is righteous.

Alberon

To compound the idiocy of Johnson creating this entire mess out of nothing today a former Labour MP (now an independent) was sentenced for her harassment of another woman. Could have been a big news story.

Instead it has been drowned out by the noise of Johnson managing to directly cause one of his MPs to resign. If the moron had just allowed the 30 day suspension that would have been it. Paterson's constituency would never have recalled or voted him out.

Fambo Number Mive

I was surprised, as Johnson is usually a very cunning political operator. Novara have an interesting theory about how Johnson did it to get Katherine Stone out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpOsU2eVXqQ

Labour are refusing to get behind an "anti-sleaze" candidate in the by-election caused by Paterson standing down and will stand their own candidate. Given Paterson is not standing again, this does seem to make sense to me. It's not like when Martin Bell stood against Neil Hamilton.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 05, 2021, 10:14:08 AM
I was surprised, as Johnson is usually a very cunning political operator.
Is he? I've never really got that impression - more that his absolute laziness means he's reluctant to make decisions until he has no choice or there's only one option left. Bluster and "personality" cover up for the rest, along with weak opposition and media support.

Fambo Number Mive

He seems very good at hiding behind a veneer of LOLBORIS and knowing how to appeal to both the Tory base and the far-right. He's not good at his job but his aim isn't to be a good prime minister, it's to keep the elite happy and stay in power. I think his cunning is how he has done so well at cultivating a fake political persona and knowing how to deploy it to win over people. Perhaps it's just because he came after Theresa May.

I do agree that he has been very fortunate, like Thatcher was, in who the leader of the Labour Party currently is, and how almost all the media is on his side.

lipsink

That interview with CNN is pretty good in that he appears to lose his cool a few times. He also looks absolutely fucking terrible. His skin red and pale at the same time. He clearly doesn't want to fucking be there.

Fambo Number Mive

I can't get the full video of the interview to play, I can only get the preview to work.

This is the preview where he's asked why he didn't wear a mask when sitting next to David Attenborough: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/watch-preview-of-amanpours-interview-with-boris-johnson/vi-AAQeWvV

The Culture Bunker

I certainly think allowing (by choice or not being arsed) money to flow into the "right" pockets during Covid times has helped keep his ship steady, but I really don't see any substance at all to him beyond - as you say - Lol, Bozza. Which probably says more about us as a country, really.

Fambo Number Mive

I was wondering how comparable he is to Trump but I think Trump really believes everything he says, I don't think Johnson believes a lot of what he is saying apart from being Churchill's number one fanboy. I certainly don't think he is as pro-Brexit as he pretends to be.

robhug

I think anyone thinking Boris Johnson is a great political mind is being extremely kind to him - he's a chancer who got his wildest dreams fulfilled purely because of Brexit and nailing his colours firmly to the mast of english imperialistic xenophobia as a vehicle to enhance his political ambitions.

And look at the state of the place off the back of it. People talk about Blair, Brown and Cameron era britain as some sort of utopia in comparison.

steveh

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 05, 2021, 10:22:53 AM
He's not good at his job but his aim isn't to be a good prime minister, it's to keep the elite happy and stay in power.

Actually I think he only cares about the 'elite' for what they might be able to do for him and he has no real attachment to any ideology. As his biographer put it, "On any subject, his views will be whatever best advances his cause at the time."

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: steveh on November 05, 2021, 12:31:35 PM
Actually I think he only cares about the 'elite' for what they might be able to do for him and he has no real attachment to any ideology. As his biographer put it, "On any subject, his views will be whatever best advances his cause at the time."
I get the impression his "cause" is usually around finding cash for his lifestyle, and finding another woman willing to let him clamber on top of them, even when he's too lazy/stupid to bag up for it.

I imagine he'd be quite content being a King, living in a big house with a constant stream of mistresses brought to his bed along with champagne and food, without actually having to do anything for it in return.

buttgammon

Quote from: steveh on November 05, 2021, 12:31:35 PM

This is it. His only real skill is being able to back a winner. I remember that before the EU referendum, a big fuss was made about which side he would choose; his decision was surely swayed by the thought that if leave won, it would present a big opportunity for one of the most high-profile supporters of their campaign.

lipsink

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 05, 2021, 12:39:31 PM
I get the impression his "cause" is usually around finding cash for his lifestyle, and finding another woman willing to let him clamber on top of them, even when he's too lazy/stupid to bag up for it.

I imagine he'd be quite content being a King, living in a big house with a constant stream of mistresses brought to his bed along with champagne and food, without actually having to do anything for it in return.

He'd probably miss all the LOLs he gets from his public speaking but otherwise, yeah pretty much.