Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

ERMAHGERD. FERTBERL.

Everton and Spurs is going to be a bottling contest. Though Spurs will probably win because Son exists. If we're lucky Lloris might scream at him again.

phantom_power

Fuck knows, almost anything could happen from a City rout (most likely) to United clicking into gear and stuffing the blues, to any point in between. Probably a dull 0-0

Wonderful Butternut

The Culture Bunker

United have got a good record in the derby in the last couple of seasons, at least in the league (lost two LC semis, alas), but it's a struggle to see anything but a casual win for City. Varane will be a crucial miss for United, though Pogba being out means we've got at least a slim chance. As the cliche goes, if you offered me a tedious 0-0 right now, I'd snap your hand off.

Spurs will win quite comfortably too, I suspect. I watched the game at Wolves on Monday and Everton were terrible.

chveik

Wonderful Butternut

I love the Manchester Derby. It's win-win for me.

Man U win = City drop points, good for Liverpool.
Draw = City drop points, good for Liverpool.
Man City win = United lose a match, which is always hilarious.

Mobius

Chollis

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on November 06, 2021, 11:44:38 AM
I love the Manchester Derby. It's win-win for me.

Man U win = City drop points, good for Liverpool.
Draw = City drop points, good for Liverpool.
Man City win = United lose a match, which is always hilarious.

Score draw would be nice today. Couple of red cards maybe

Shoulders?-Stomach!

jobotic

It's Manchester City. You always have to hope Manchester City lose, whoever they're playing.

Kankurette

I'm rooting for City because I hate Man United that much. And I have family who are City fans (and this was before the oil money happened). But mainly because I hate Man United.

On the plus side, if United win, Ole stays in a job and the fun continues.

JamesTC

Thursday

Going behind is all part of Ole's plan. Sure it's a problem sometimes when they fail to score and concede more goals, but it's a solid plan.

Vitamin C

Harry Maguire will have a Steve Bruce-esque managerial career, churning through interminable clubs, somehow always getting hired despite diminishing returns. He's just got that air about him.

jobotic

Come on Utd, more than happy for you to lose every other game this season, just not this one.

Mobius

Inspector Norse

Just think, if they'd sacked Solskjaer after the Liverpool game they could have got Conte in. Now when they sack him today they'll have to get Steve Bruce instead.

Thursday

Bit annoyed by that 2nd goal. Obviously the odds would have been low anyway, but I was going to put something on Man City at half time with my payout from Australia vs West Indies.

kalowski

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 06, 2021, 01:31:52 PM
Just think, if they'd sacked Solskjaer after the Liverpool game they could have got Conte in. Now when they sack him today they'll have to get Steve Bruce instead.
Very good.

Mobius

Inspector Norse

Yeah, he gave it away in his own half just now. Fair play to him though, that seemed to be United's entire gameplan right from the whistle.

JamesTC

United had three shots on target. Two of which were against their own keeper.