Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spode

Souness has got a weird obsession with stopping crosses. Despite the fact that both goals there were much less about the delivery getting in, but the hopeless positioning and reaction of Bailly and Shaw trying to deal with it.

Apparently full backs shouldn't worry about anything going on around them and should just sprint out at the ball on repeat for the entire 90 minutes

JamesTC

druss

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on November 06, 2021, 10:36:58 AM
Outstanding fan behaviour that isn't in any way dangerous in the League of Ireland last night.

https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/1456729489069776906
Hahaha football fans are stagnant pools of filth.

jobotic

holyzombiejesus

No-one will give a fuck but this time last year, the Vale were getting kicked out of the FA Cup by Kings Lynn. Today we're beating a team a division above us 5-1.

JamesTC

Barca just drew after leading 3-0 at HT. Liverpool legend Iago Aspas with the 90+6 equaliser.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Vitamin C on November 06, 2021, 01:02:10 PM
Harry Maguire will have a Steve Bruce-esque managerial career, churning through interminable clubs, somehow always getting hired despite diminishing returns. He's just got that air about him.

He has the head and face of a lowly serf forced to fight for Edward Longshanks. You can just picture an arrow piercing his stupid confused eye.

monkfromhavana

At half time, Coventry are down to 10 men and losing 1-0 against Bristol City. 92nd minute we stick in the winner to make it 3-2. Fucking mental.

Beagle 2

The United performance today was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen, and I'm a City fan.

Kankurette

Kankurette

What's a Millwall Fan Diversity scheme like? Trying to explain to their fans that black people are actually human beings?

Thank fuck Jordan Archer left, they don't deserve him.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 06, 2021, 05:31:18 PM
At half time, Coventry are down to 10 men and losing 1-0 against Bristol City. 92nd minute we stick in the winner to make it 3-2. Fucking mental.

Altrincham got a 90+5 minute equaliser in the FA Cup after being 2-0 down and that Halifax game sounds amazing too. Who gives a fuck about Barcelona.

JamesTC

Wonderful Butternut

Norwich: "Congrats Farke, you finally won a PL game. Now you're sacked."

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on November 06, 2021, 07:41:04 PM

Utterly bizarre timing, just shite judgement.

Thursday

Board clearly expecting him to lose and thought this would be enough time to announce it, but then they just went ahead anyway.

JamesTC

Really if they felt sacking him was right and wanted to do it in the international break to create the least amount of disruption, then not changing their mind because he got a narrow 2-1 win is sensible. You would assume they already have a replacement lined up.

badaids

Quote from: Thursday on November 06, 2021, 07:52:05 PM
Board clearly expecting him to lose and thought this would be enough time to announce it, but then they just went ahead anyway.

This is spot on.  But who on earth do they think is going to come in and save them?  Must have someone up their sleeve already.

king_tubby

monkfromhavana

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 06, 2021, 07:08:58 PM
Altrincham got a 90+5 minute equaliser in the FA Cup after being 2-0 down and that Halifax game sounds amazing too. Who gives a fuck about Barcelona.

Outside the "Greatest League In The World", you still get all the thrills, excitement, heartache and shithousery, just that it's a lot cheaper, more enjoyable and you don't have it rammed down your throat 24 hours a day.

Speaking of shithousery / not taking it all quite so seriously, before the game the Bristol City Twitter account was asking if Coventry had any decent cider in the stadium.

After the game, Callum O'Hare replies with:
https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/1457069910451007489?s=20

Kankurette

What monkfromhavana said. Bugger the Champions' League and the PL for a game of soldiers.

I don't know why I read below the line on Athletic articles, I found this comment on an article about Liverpool's most disappointing team and it made me want to punch a baby.
QuoteJust as for the bit about Iwobi and King - that's all of sport. You'll see that kind of thing in every league, every sport. Highly paid athletes do not care anywhere near as much about wins and losses or rivalries, generally, as the fans do. They don't live and die with the club the way fans do. It's not an escape for them, it's just their job. Win or lose, they'll still go home to millions of (insert currency) in the bank and supermodel wives.

I see players yucking it up with the other team after bad losses in every sport I follow. Once the day is over, they are just millionaire friends out there. You'd like to see them have the same emotions as the fans, but almost none of them ever will because they live an entirely different existence than we do. Most of the time, a match is to them what showing up for a day of work at the office is to us.
Well, yes, moron. Because...it's their job. And if footballers had the same emotions as fans, they'd be incapable of playing for 90 minutes without screaming at each other, fighting or, in the case of Man United, wandering off. Footballers do not give a shit about loyalty and most of them are not fans of the team they play for. Accept it or support a lower division team. Don't bitch about wages if you're a PL team fan and you go the game. Also, I'm pretty sure that footballers do care about losses and wins, they are human beings but apparently we're not supposed to think of them that way.
Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on November 06, 2021, 07:41:04 PM
That's just rude. Reminds me of when Bilic got West Brom drawing against Liverpool a season or so ago and his overlords gave him the boot, and the fans were livid, especially considering what replaced him. Bruce used to play for Norwich, so I suppose he'll be the replacement for Farke.

jobotic

Farke's so lovely. I want him to give up football management and come and manage me.

Kankurette

I hope he makes like Marco Silva and finds a club where he is loved.

jobotic

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 06, 2021, 07:08:58 PM

Enjoyed the first half highlights of Gateshead v Altrincham!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59180105

Chatham Town get the winner it 90+5 too, to go second in the SCEFL with a game in hand.

imitationleather

If you look up "Sex God" in the dictionary there's a picture of Daniel Farke.

Go on, try it.