Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A ZX Spectrum game name, or a song by The Fall?

Started by peteprodge, November 07, 2021, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

17. But I won't say what I got wrong, in case it gives any clues.

Egyptian Feast

Lol, I got 20. There's a few great lost Fall songs amongst the Speccie answers.

surreal

GoblinAhFuckScary

15! and the fall are probably my fave 'rock band'. i tend to stop listeing after levitate when the original band left tho

Pranet

This covers both of my interests, so I got 20/20.

Glebe

13/20, I know nothing about The Fall and apparently too much about the Spectrum.

Video Game Fan 2000

One hundred percent-ah!

Why weren't "Fat Worm Blows A Sparky" and "Everyone's a Wally" options?

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 07, 2021, 06:58:48 PM
Why weren't "Fat Worm Blows A Sparky" and "Everyone's a Wally" options?

Because the first one is clearly a Cardiacs song.

jobotic

The only Spectrum game I know is Horace Goes Skiing

buzby

15/20. Not bad considering I only know the names of about 5 Fall songs, and only two of them featured in that list.

20.  I'd be handing my Fall-geek card in if it was any less.

JesusAndYourBush

White Lightning is a Spectrum game as well as a Fall song.  A little unfair that I got it wrong.

Rev+

Quote from: Glebe on November 07, 2021, 06:19:04 PM
8/20. I knew Technician Ted was a Speccy game.

11/20 and yeah, that was the only one I was completely confident on.  Technician Ted was like the Dark Souls version of Manic Miner.

chveik

i have zero knowledge of the zx spectrum, whatever that is

PammySpacek

19. I was caught out by second-guessing myself over a Spectrum game. Should have gone with my gut (of the quantifier).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

100%
Oh, sorry, that was a Sonic The Hedhehog Youth Song, wasn't It?. Quite a few of the boys ( possibly not girls) of CaB will be getting the full 20/ 20 for this ' un, I would imagine. I liked the way the option choices were worded.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

16/20

I didn't get that
Spoiler alert
Boxoctosis is a Fall song and that Great Britain Ltd, Corridors Of Power, Just Not Fun Baby Fun are Speccy games
[close]

SpiderChrist

Norton Canes

markburgle

20, in about 10 seconds. For most people the equivalent would be a quiz titled Is It a Shape Or Is It a Colour?

peteprodge

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 07, 2021, 11:19:11 PM
White Lightning is a Spectrum game as well as a Fall song.  A little unfair that I got it wrong.

Actually...

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: markburgle on November 08, 2021, 08:46:21 AM
20, in about 10 seconds. For most people the equivalent would be a quiz titled Is It a Shape Or Is It a Colour?

" most people" ? I know that Mark E. Smith's death warranted a short item on " News At Ten", but some of the results on this very thread show that The Fall are still very much a cult band. I would have thought that there would have been 20/20s all over the place. I'mactually quite surprised at Norton Canes' lowly result.And I suppose this just goes to show...

peteprodge

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on November 08, 2021, 08:55:26 AM
" most people" ? I know that Mark E. Smith's death warranted a short item on " News At Ten", but some of the results on this very thread show that The Fall are still very much a cult band. I would have thought that there would have been 20/20s all over the place. I'mactually quite surprised at Norton Canes' lowly result.And I suppose this just goes to show...

There have been 305 responses at time of writing. Everyone has scored a minimum of 5 points.

29 people have scored the full 20/20.

"Technician Ted" is the question with the most correct answers (275 out of 305).
"Just Not Fun Baby Fun" is the question with the most incorrect answers (102 out of 305).

JesusAndYourBush

another Mr. Lizard

Full Marks Here.

That's my score, not the missing 21st question.