Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Silk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak superduo)

Started by up_the_hampipe, November 08, 2021, 12:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak are putting out an album under their Silk Sonic outfit this Friday. They've already put out three absolutely wonderful singles:

Leave The Door Open
Skate
Smoking Out The Window

Very excited about this project. It's a throwback in the most legitimate way possible and they seem to be having a lot of fun making these records and videos. Worth checking out even if you're not fans of or familiar with either artist.

Dusty Substance

Smokin' Out The Window currently tied for my favourite single of the year. Philly soul perfection with just the right amount of tongue in cheek. Very much looking forward to the album.

Very nice, I'm quite the Bruno Mars fan and Anderson .Paak is decent too. Those tracks are beautifully produced.

up_the_hampipe

The album is out today and it is smoooooth. Short and sweet at 31 mins, pretty much every track hits. There's a great jam on there featuring Thundercat & Bootsy Collins.

Dusty Substance

Yeah, listening now and it's a bop, it slaps, it's fly, it's dope af and it's my new jam.

31 minute albums are where it's at. 

up_the_hampipe

They put out a new track on Valentine's Day and it's smooth as eggs:

Golden E. Pump

I love the Con Funk Shun original, but this might be better.