Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Mouth season 5

Started by madhair60, November 10, 2021, 12:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

never any interest but the fifth season of this has "dropped" and, as ever, it is tremendously funny, heartfelt, and disgusting.

MojoJojo

I've seen this recommended a few times recently. I think I tried it briefly but bounced. I really dislike the look.

Should I just start at the beginning?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I haven't watched Season 5 yet. I binged all four seasons last year and still can't tell a) who it's for b) if watching it counts as noncery.

madhair60

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 10, 2021, 12:19:50 AM
I haven't watched Season 5 yet. I binged all four seasons last year and still can't tell a) who it's for b) if watching it counts as noncery.

I think I can assist with that

a) immature shitheads like me who love stupid jokes

b) probably not as it is a heavily promoted mainstream animated series. All I know is I cannot masturbate to this cartoon, nor have I deigned to try

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 10, 2021, 12:19:41 AM
I've seen this recommended a few times recently. I think I tried it briefly but bounced. I really dislike the look.

Should I just start at the beginning?

the look is intentional to portray the awkwardness of what the characters are going through, but obviously that doesn't mean you have to like it.

yeah start from the beginning.

Captain Z

I didn't see a thread for series 4 and had forgotten all about the show until a couple of weeks ago when I finally caught up. Not sure if it's something I will ever rewatch but I enjoy it enough to keep ploughing through new episodes, great to know more are here so quickly.

Povidone

Gave this show a complete body swerve after hearing Nick Kroll desperately hawking it on Comedy Bang Bang before the first season started. Listening to him dejectedly explain that there's a bit in it where a tampon that looks like Michael Stipe sings a song called 'everybody bleeds' was like somebody casting some kind of warding spell on me. I just can't imagine a universe in which that will turn out even remotely humorous. Also the trailers had no jokes in them I could discern and the animation style is hideous.

That being said if its made it to a fifth season and seems to get pretty consistent plaudits from people whose judgement I would normally trust...am I being unfair? I do enjoy puerile shit.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 10, 2021, 12:19:50 AM
I binged all four seasons last year and still can't tell a) who it's for b) if watching it counts as noncery
a) Anyone that's ever experienced puberty, I should think.
b) Given the above, no. If anything, I reckon getting all prudish about it is evidence of latent noncery.

If I were to make a criticism, it's that, as frank as the show can be, it lacks the authenticity of something like The Inbetweeners. For all the awkward moments and emotional freakouts, the kids seem far too mature half the time.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 10, 2021, 01:36:24 PM
If I were to make a criticism, it's that, as frank as the show can be, it lacks the authenticity of something like The Inbetweeners. For all the awkward moments and emotional freakouts, the kids seem far too mature half the time.

I'm only about three episodes into the latest season (the last season at summer camp was poor, this one is far stronger so far) and they seem to be writing the girls to be mature and wise beyond their years, too. Little bit sexist maybe

very funny though. The opening episode was the best so far this season

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Further to the noncery question, I would say this is possibly the only comedy of this sort I can think of that actually doesn't fetishise the teenage characters. The actors may have all been in their 20s, but Porkies, American Pie and the like all featured ostensibly teenage characters getting naked for the titillation of the audience and no one batted an eyelid.

Poobum

Well the Christmas episode was certainly something, really delivered on the promise of showing
Spoiler alert
Santa's tumescent dick
[close]

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Just finished binging season 5. It did not make me laugh once and all the fourth-wall-breaking is just tedious now.

Thursday

Oh I completely missed this was one at the time (Because I cancelled my netflix subscription because they're cunts) and somehow missed the thread.