Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beans on toast

Started by eagle_bearer, October 16, 2021, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
They're really good for microwave meals though.

Dex Sawash

A machine that cools things is what I want

Dex Sawash

Like quickly, 40 seconds for jello

itsfredtitmus

Had a dream I ate a load of beans yesterday do you think i should make it a reality

thenoise

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 11, 2021, 11:15:44 PM
A machine that cools things is what I want

Great idea, maybe it could have a special place in door to keep milk bottles?

thenoise

Things microwaves are good for:
Sponge pudding
Baked Beans
Taking the edge off a slightly stale muffin

Things microwaves are not good for:
Reheating tea and coffee. Its not the blitz just make another cup or better yet don't start if you can't find the time to drink it.
If its a Gen z salted coffee then do what you want with it, its not as if it will taste any worse.

mothman

Salted coffee? Used to get that at school when some cunt put salt in the sugar bowl. Can't imagine anyone wanting it voluntarily.

seepage

Microwave on 30% power to defrost bread or take the edge off less than room temperature cake etc.

Going from peerless Sharp models to a fitted AEG I'm not impressed with:
- unnecessarily loud ding [like the later Sanyos]
- have to remember 270 watts is 30% of 900 watts instead of just having a 30% button
- stupid dial to set the time instead of buttons

Didn't have beans on anything this week but did have beans adjacent to a toasted bagel. Instead of a pan, I gave the microwave a whirl on this occasion.

Beans directly in the bowl, cheddar and Encona hot sauce added, microwaved on low for a few mins, stirring a couple of times as required. This nicely thickened up the sauce (so no need to discard any) and melted the cheese. A quick final stir, add plenty of white pepper and spoon into gaping maw. Would highly recommend.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 11, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
Like quickly, 40 seconds for jello

Please refrain from using Americanisms.

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

I thought it was generally accepted microwaved beans were shitter, I assumed that the reason people did it was out of perceived convenience.

This of course being a false economy, scraping off the baked-on tidemark on whatever you microwaved it in is way more effort than using the hob.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 18, 2021, 08:50:18 PM
Know what.  It's tomato sauce not bean juice.  Juice comes from fruit not beans.  You wouldn't squeeze an orange onto your bread and chew on your soppy juicy slice now would you.

What the fuck are you on about? Juice doesn't have to be edible. Do you call it 'bin sauce' you freak?

Cold Meat Platter

So we're all agreed then. Heat the beans as described on the packaging and put them on some toast. Barry can we close the thread? cheers.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2021, 12:28:28 AM
What the fuck are you on about? Juice doesn't have to be edible. Do you call it 'bin sauce' you freak?

It depends. If I'm having it neat, say with brunch, then it's bin juice. Sauce is more of an umbrella category, but if if serving it reduced with meat or emulsified and enriched with egg yolk then it's bin jus or binaise.

seepage

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 13, 2021, 12:33:46 AM
So we're all agreed then. Heat the beans as described on the packaging and put them on some toast. Barry can we close the thread? cheers.

Just learnt partner has been washing the sauce off half the beans to get the remainder to thicken quicker. It's going to take a few pages to factor this in.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 13, 2021, 12:33:46 AM

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2021, 12:27:33 AM
I thought it was generally accepted microwaved beans were shitter, I assumed that the reason people did it was out of perceived convenience.

Yes microwave for the convenience.  Always microwave for beans when I'm having beans on toast because it means it takes about 3:30 to make the whole thing.

Gurke and Hare

The supply chain issues have come for all non-baked tinned beans. I wanted a tin of butterbeans today but no luck, I'll have to make the stew with cannelini beans.

The Dog

Hate crowds, and I don't want one on my toast.

Johnny Foreigner

I propose a toast to Rowan Atkinson.

amateur

Beans on chips are nice as well.

H-O-W-L

What about beans AND egg on toast?

amateur

Sure thing, I'd probably go for scrambled but can't see an issue with any kind of egg with beans.

Long as the beans are mixed in with everything, you're grand.

Chollis

the cheese element is compromised if you're adding egg. One or the other

Sonny_Jim

Brown sauce, bit of cracked pepper.  Luvvly.

JesusAndYourBush

I had beans on toast yesterday.  Normally the last of the farts are before I've gone to bed, but I kept waking up to fart and did the last of the farts after I'd got up.  On occasion I've had beans and not farted any more than usual.  It's weird how some beans contain more fart than others.

shoulders

Hp beans not Heinz for Daddy very particular but long gone passed up to higher place with the angels got his wings 😇💔😞🙏

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Question: The bean toastie

A good thing, or a cause for concern?