Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

That's my area! Or close, anyhow.

I got into watching football as a neutral a few years ago and it's quite fun. You can just enjoy the match for the sake of it instead of spending 90 minutes on edge.

Psybro

The talk of bins is reminding me that for a few seasons I went to most home games of Sheffield FC (actually in Dronfield) but somehow missed a game where an opposition player was sent off and a home fan apparently waited for him to walk past and casually fully inverted a bin on top of him so he was just a pair of feet sticking out like a cartoon.

Bearing in mind that it was quite rare to even hear swearing from the crowd at these matches (the players compensated).

Kankurette

Alty got featured in the Upshot. Some knob on the crowd tackling a player.

The Lurker

These posts are one of the reasons why I don't subscribe to the "non league is so much better! It's real, genuine football." There are just as many charlatans, knobheads and money grabbers in non league, you just don't hear about it.

Granted, I've been to several Northern League grounds and had very good and welcoming experiences. We played South Shields in the FA Cup a few years ago and I had a brilliant time and their fans were lovely. They are, however, a bankrolled club. They've gone full time in the Evo Stik Premier ffs!

monkfromhavana

Quote from: The Lurker on November 12, 2021, 06:57:02 AM
These posts are one of the reasons why I don't subscribe to the "non league is so much better! It's real, genuine football." There are just as many charlatans, knobheads and money grabbers in non league, you just don't hear about it.

Granted, I've been to several Northern League grounds and had very good and welcoming experiences. We played South Shields in the FA Cup a few years ago and I had a brilliant time and their fans were lovely. They are, however, a bankrolled club. They've gone full time in the Evo Stik Premier ffs!

I think it's a question of scale. The corrupt owner of Crinkly Bottom FC might be a self-obsessed business owner with some repellant views, but Newcastle United are owned by a country that routinely executes people, doesn't let women drive and finances repressive regimes and dodgy groups throughout the middle east helping to further destabilize an already unstable region.

Hat FM

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 09, 2021, 09:01:29 AM
Stockport fan here, had a decent trip to Bolton at the weekend, took over 5,000 fans. After decades of terrible ownership/management, we actually are throwing a bit of money around in an attempt to get back in the league. Have just poached former captain Dave Challinor from Hartlepool from league 2 to the annoyance of Jeff Stelling.

Are you making the trip to edgeley this Saturday?

nah home games only!

holyzombiejesus

Vale are playing Bradford City on Saturday lunchtime and it's live on Sky. Can't get to game and don't have Sky; is there any other way of watching? Can you still just google the match + stream or do you need VPNs and stuff nowadays?

Kankurette

Do Vale have an iFollow? I know other EFL clubs do, Cambridge had one (one of my stepdad's mates is a season ticket holder and he watched the streams when fans weren't being let in).

Ted-Maul

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2021, 11:41:41 AM
Vale are playing Bradford City on Saturday lunchtime and it's live on Sky. Can't get to game and don't have Sky; is there any other way of watching? Can you still just google the match + stream or do you need VPNs and stuff nowadays?

I still use Reddit Soccer Streams for decent quality streams or USA Goals which is worse quality but more reliable for more obscure stuff like Kazakh 2nd Division or whatever.

I'm down your neck of the woods tomorrow for Kidsgrove Athletic Vs. City of Liverpool. Kidsgrove are making a big deal of Rememberance Day with free entry to people in the armed forces people and a bugle player and poppies and all that... not my scene at all. And probably not the scene of any CoL fans as they are pretty left-wing and quite vocal about it. Still not expecting there to be any agro though.

I usually travel to away games on my own and don't always bother standing with the away fans so i'd like to think i could fly under the radar anyway.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2021, 12:51:58 PM
Yeah but they can't show the games any more in the UK

I second the Reddit streams. You usually get presented with about 25 streamers, only one ever works, think it's Soccer 24HD or something like that.

Kankurette

More Palmer drama. Some nutcase has also been offering to pay him £1000 as part of a bet over whether he'd quit as manager or not. I wonder if we'll ever find out THE TROOF.

Ashton is claiming that he's totes not racist because he hired a black manager. Here's a thread showcasing once again what a ginormous cunt he is, and apparently it's the fault of left-wing woke jokers that Grantham are shit and not him or Palmer. And I thought Wednesday were a hot mess. Thank fuck Chansiri isn't on Twitter. On the plus side, Liam Palmer has signed an extension.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 12, 2021, 01:54:37 PM
I second the Reddit streams. You usually get presented with about 25 streamers, only one ever works, think it's Soccer 24HD or something like that.

Is it easy to find these? Just google 'reddit football streams'?

bgmnts

The bloke currently managing Newport County is the brother of my mother's friend, and I used to work with her for a time.

He's only around 34 I think.

2-1 away at Hartlepool tonight.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ted-Maul on November 12, 2021, 01:03:35 PM
I'm down your neck of the woods tomorrow for Kidsgrove Athletic Vs. City of Liverpool. Kidsgrove are making a big deal of Rememberance Day with free entry to people in the armed forces people and a bugle player and poppies and all that... not my scene at all. And probably not the scene of any CoL fans as they are pretty left-wing and quite vocal about it. Still not expecting there to be any agro though.

Guess there might be some of the Stoke and Vale dickheads heading down as they don't have any 3pm kick offs. Good luck!

Captain Z

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2021, 09:53:40 PM
Is it easy to find these? Just google 'reddit football streams'?

They've had to change domains a couple of times, currently at:

redi1.soccerstreams.net

Inspector Norse

Most of the top-ranked channels on the Reddit one will get you through games with decent quality picture and only a couple of freezes, but they only really have top-division and international games there, I'm still searching for something that lets me stream Oldham games (not signing up for iFollow as I don't want to risk any cash going to our dodgy owner).

Kankurette

Moore is cacking himself about Gillingham and I don't blame him, it's the teams with the most to lose you have to watch out for. And Hutch, Iorfa and Gibson are out. Windass is back though.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Inspector Norse on November 13, 2021, 11:38:17 AM
I'm still searching for something that lets me stream Oldham games (not signing up for iFollow as I don't want to risk any cash going to our dodgy owner).

Ah, I'm off to Boundary Park next Saturday. It's going to be so cold.

They're doing the draw for the Papa Johns Trophy on Sky now. Fucking hell, it's so tawdry.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 13, 2021, 02:21:40 PM
Ah, I'm off to Boundary Park next Saturday. It's going to be so cold.

It does have that reputation (deservedly so) but my worst experience ever was an away game at Chesterfield where one woman a couple of rows ahead actually passed out and had to be taken to hospital.

I've lived abroad for nearly 15 years now but will always go to any home games if I'm back in the UK. I haven't seen a single victory in that entire time. At least I got to sign off with this classic.

Ted-Maul

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2021, 10:08:30 PM
Guess there might be some of the Stoke and Vale dickheads heading down as they don't have any 3pm kick offs. Good luck!

I didn't go in the end, all the trains towards Crewe were cancelled so i couldn't get there in time for kick-off... it wasn't that I was scared, honest.

We got beat 2-1 anyway in what has been described on twitter as 'a proper game of football'. Looks like someone decided it would be ok to have dark blue kits versus light blue kits which is pretty weird... especially considering our first kit is bright purple.

kalowski

Altrincham drew 1-1 against Boreham Wood, who didn't impress me much. Loads of little fouls, shoves and nudges which the ref didn't clamp down on, so it took until the 69th minute for their dirty centre back (Stephens) to get booked.
Altrincham were the better side.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 09, 2021, 11:32:21 AM
Oh no! I really dislike Stockport (no offence). From their initials, to the offside goal they scored against us in 1994, to Kevin Francis always scoring against us, to the shittest ground in the league when we used to play you, to producing the biggest weirdo of a manager to ever grace Vale Park (Gannon) to now throwing money around and acting like big time charlies. Seems a bit off how you got Challinor in, I know the Hartlepool board and fans were very unimpressed.

Our Chairman, Raj Singh, fucked Darlow over and wouldn't think twice about doing it to us and the fact he's a big chum of Ben Houchen and invited Boris Johnson to the ground for a photo op makes him cunt IMO, hes also reneged on Challinors wage and transfer budget, I don't blame him for leaving to go to Stockport

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: bgmnts on November 12, 2021, 09:57:26 PM
The bloke currently managing Newport County is the brother of my mother's friend, and I used to work with her for a time.

He's only around 34 I think.

2-1 away at Hartlepool tonight.

Breaking Jeff Stelling's heart with a late winner all over again.

New manager James Rowberry seems like agbol. He reminds me of Al Murray for some reason.

jobotic

Boundary Park in February 2000 was the coldest I, or anyone else, has ever been. Luckily Gillingham won 3-1 so we did a lot of running about, celebrating excessively.

Amazed we scraped a point against Wednesday.

My daughter has decided that she wants to go to football so looks like I'll be going back to Preistfield for the first time in years soon.

Kankurette

The Lurker

I've been to Boundary Park twice - once earlier this season and one on Boxing Day, neither were cold surprisingly. Fylde, however, fuck me. Been there twice and never known anything like it. Geniunely thought I was going to get hypothermia the first time I went. We were 3-1 down and scored two late goals so it was all good. They were managed by Dave Challinor both times, wonder whatever happened to him...

finnquark

Quote from: kalowski on November 13, 2021, 10:46:50 PM
Altrincham drew 1-1 against Boreham Wood, who didn't impress me much. Loads of little fouls, shoves and nudges which the ref didn't clamp down on, so it took until the 69th minute for their dirty centre back (Stephens) to get booked.
Altrincham were the better side.

Have you got a ticket for tomorrow? Sold out now after we had to reduce capacity twice I a week thanks to some busy cunt calling the council.

kalowski

Quote from: finnquark on November 15, 2021, 08:03:44 PM
Have you got a ticket for tomorrow? Sold out now after we had to reduce capacity twice I a week thanks to some busy cunt calling the council.
Yes. Can't wait. We obviously just squeezed in over the line as lots of my son's team missed out. Are you going? Was bizzare on Saturday with the coloured wrist bands as my daughter and her friend ended up in different sections.