Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I find this really interesting: https://mobile.twitter.com/GPair10/status/1459995520290766852

Background:

So I reckon GPair is JL, Glinner's head henchwoman. This happened the other night, when Karen Actually - who was being used to promote Glinner Day/Gender Critical Coming Out Day - stated that she'd been bullied and blocked by the three men behind it: Linehan, Arty Morty and HumanGayMale. Just as she finished posting about how the whole thing was basically just about Graham wanting to rebuild his public image, her account was suddenly suspended.

Therefore people assumed it was Linehan or his mates behind the suspension. Note here though that they also reference a second GC WhatsApp group, seperate from the Glinner Day one, which is used to punish dissenters.[nb]He must be up to his nut in WhatsApp and discord shit, running this whole cult of personality around the clock now, as his business.[/NB] I also wonder if he was using this kind of suspected 'coordinated reporting' to get rid of people when he still had his main account.

Anyway you can see here also the general distrust and annoyance with Linehan among more and more of the rank and file transphobes.

Screenshots, should be in order:

https://i.postimg.cc/4N1f6HL3/IMG-20211115-202157.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/43YXRLJK/IMG-20211115-202210.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/7ZYxmPdn/IMG-20211115-202220.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/bv4pyxJm/IMG-20211115-202305.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/13CyThZh/IMG-20211115-202326.jpg

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on November 15, 2021, 09:59:08 AM
I once watched someone give a really good talk, about how limitations, moral standards, TV censors etc. actually make you a better, more creative writer because it forces you to work within cultural boundaries and find funnier ways of phrasing things and discussing things. They cited The Contest episode of Seinfeld, and how "master of my domain" is actually a funnier and more memorable phrase because it had to get past 90s TV policies.

(It was Graham, in 2008, before he went bananas. https://youtu.be/1pbK9rRlB0M)

M. Night Shyamalan wishes he could write a plot twist / reveal that good.

Geniunely, that's some Usual Suspects shit right there...

Kankurette

Quote from: Ornlu on November 15, 2021, 10:10:59 PM
How do you figure?
Because this culture war shit is insidious, it's everywhere. Who's to say they'll stop with trans people?

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 15, 2021, 11:41:52 PM

Primo bananas, good job for finding that.  So this just absolutely highlights[nb]with a big fluro yellow pen that inevitably ends up on your fingers[/nb] how fucking toxic Graham is to his own community.  That being said, people just don't grow character traits like his overnight, so it's no fucking small wonder indeed that when he turned TERF no one else in showbiz turned with him.  I mean, he literally has no friends.  Good.  Maybe he'll start behaving differently.

(Of course he won't)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

JaDanketies

Graham can't be trying to ban people from Twitter? Surely the Report button is ideologically verboten, as getting banned from Twitter is an unacceptable restriction of free speech and is like being banned from the public square? (unlike threatening people with libel)

Pimhole

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 15, 2021, 11:49:51 PM
Juicy bit here:

OK, I'm pretty steeped in all this shit and even I can't follow that. What woman? What other women? What lawyer? It doesn't matter. It's just good to see them self-destruct, like all cults.

phes

It's trans awareness week so expect this to stir up allsorts of🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌 as it ends with trans day of remembrance

Zetetic

Quote from: somersetchris on November 15, 2021, 05:43:07 PM
I don't understand how it is an invasion of privacy
Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 15, 2021, 06:07:31 PM
but its function is literally just to mitigate personal harm we experience from being subjected to permanent abuse online.

It's a database of people's accounts with attached claimed views, collected by an anonymous person or persons for reasons that are largely unknown and with no process for upholding individual rights, attached to a technically incompetent browser extension that is both 1) trivially reversible and 2) prone to incorrectly identifying accounts or pages as flagged one way or the other.

Issues were raised by a wide variety of people, not least trans people concerned about someone putting together a database of trans and trans-friendly accounts and encouraging other trans and trans-friendly people to report more of these, without any accountability or oversight.

Even if you're 100% certain that this anonymous individual means well, they're putting something together that can be weaponised by people with different intentions - either in itself, or because of it's such a mess governance-wise (which is exactly what we're seeing from the Hadley-Freeman-types of course).

Quoteyou're right! a few posters here in the past had expressed concern about it relegating people to a binary of for/against trans people,
No, concerns have been raised about a whole bunch of other issues with the database and the technical implementation of the extension.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pimhole on November 16, 2021, 09:04:15 AM
OK, I'm pretty steeped in all this shit and even I can't follow that. What woman? What other women? What lawyer? It doesn't matter. It's just good to see them self-destruct, like all cults.

Yeah I'm really hoping folks here have some details as I can't work it out either.

wrec

It would be really something if he was orchestrating mass reporting while presenting his own ban as history's greatest injustice, but I wonder if he could manage that from a WhatsApp group.

They all deserve each other anyway and long may they fight amongst themselves.

FalknerHinton

The lawyer they're referencing is Stephenie Hayden (@flyinglawyer73). Linehan crowdfunded his defense fund from SGB subscribers.

g0m

GCs love to tell each other that they are "barking up the wrong tree".

boki

Quote from: g0m on November 16, 2021, 11:28:10 AM
GCs love to tell each other that they are "barking up the wrong tree".
Even a borkin' clock is right twice a day.

Barry Admin

Quote from: wrec on November 16, 2021, 11:03:06 AM
It would be really something if he was orchestrating mass reporting while presenting his own ban as history's greatest injustice, but I wonder if he could manage that from a WhatsApp group.

I'm wondering if this is the "platform manipulation" part of his perma ban - I don't think that was just about him using socks. He seems to be always bombarding transphobes on the phone and stuff, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was in a Twitter/WhatsApp group where he can use glincels to shut down his opponents.

Quote from: FalknerHinton on November 16, 2021, 11:05:06 AM
The lawyer they're referencing is Stephenie Hayden (@flyinglawyer73). Linehan crowdfunded his defense fund from SGB subscribers.

Ohhhh of course, thanks. So that just leaves the woman he promoted and supported who turned out to be working with Hayden, then.

Cuellar

I hear 'incidences' everywhere these days, and it's not correct, is it? What they want to use is 'instances' or 'incidents', isn't it.

buttgammon

Yeah, instances is surely what Graham's looking for. We can't expect him to get everything right, it's not like he's a former writer or anything.

Sonny_Jim

TERF OPSEC is shit, isn't it?  I suppose it's a byproduct of having to have massive arguments on Twitter all the time.

Ignorance - and I cannot stress this enough - is bliss.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on November 16, 2021, 12:24:04 PM
Ignorance - and I cannot stress this enough - is bliss.

Oooh I love the drama though. Linehan's influence really concerns me, so I do love to see all the salt about him, and his diminishing reputation amongst all the other terfs.

Kankurette

So what are the ten incidences, exactly? Let me guess, they're going to bring up Rotherham?

fancywookiee

NeaX

Quote from: fancywookiee on November 16, 2021, 01:56:27 PM
Probably 10 rando GCs getting banned off the bird site.

Plus he'll have missed out 4 and 7 by mistake

Barry Admin

Quote from: Kankurette on November 16, 2021, 01:44:12 PM
So what are the ten incidences, exactly? Let me guess, they're going to bring up Rotherham?

It's the usual shit they always go on about, but with "Billy Bragg remained silent" added at the end. JL is a total Linehan clone and is as obsessed with trying to get celebs out of the closet as he is. Another media bod with an over-inflated sense of self worth, who thinks that celebrities should be using their platforms and status to spread hate. Just like Andrew Doyle Graham Linehan. If that is her twitter I found, she was urging Baddiel to come out; I could well believe he's a terf on the quiet.

Anyway yeah, the blog post is people getting shouted at a bit by protestors (the WPUK etc stuff they always bring up), a toilet rapist, the MMA fighter etc

QuoteIn September 2021 a trans-identified male won his debut MMA fight by choking his female opponent.

Billy Bragg remained silent

What a fucking loon.

buttgammon

Hahaha! Is that real? Billy Bragg remained silent about a woman being engaged in combat in a combat sport in an event that he was probably entirely unaware of? How dare he!

Seeing as Linehan is so into martial arts and women's rights, I take it he's commented on the high-profile cis martial artist from Ireland who's a rapist?