Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No 9 - series 6

Started by MigraineBoy, November 19, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHX

Quote from: The Roofdog on October 29, 2021, 11:42:35 PM
Premiere comedy forum cookdandbombd mentioned on stage tonight at the Barbican event for the new book. Apparently their editor was trying to make them change it to "twitter". "Only about 100 people would get it but cookdandbombd was funnier"

They were absolutely correct, they even brought attention to the way to do it in Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room - stating that specifics (Garibaldi) were more funny than generals (biscuits).

idunnosomename

the specificity makes it funny. But also "I bet you're loving this on twitter, aren't you" has no cadence or anything. cookdandBOMBD forum. it's a good line

also when I search British stuff (like say, Jimmy Savile) this place comes up pretty soon. well ok maybe this place talks about Jimmy Savile too much. but regardless. it's not an insignificant site, there's nothing like it really.

Captain Z

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 30, 2021, 12:20:37 AM
also when I search British stuff (like say, Jimmy Savile) this place comes up pretty soon. well ok maybe this place talks about Jimmy Savile too much. but regardless. it's not an insignificant site, there's nothing like it really.

Might be more to do with garibaldis cookies on your devices.

Icehaven

Twitter would have been a rubbish line but I'm trying to think how I'd have responded had it been a forum I've never heard of. I mean I'd probably google it but I'd also think I'd missed something, either a reference to it in the show or that it had some link to Inside No.9 that I didn't know about (which "Hi Reece!" and when he's mentioned CaB in interviews sort of are, but I'm still amazed that was enough to get into a line in an episode.) I'd probably read their reaction to the mention too just to see what it was all about.

MigraineBoy

Interview with Mark Gatiss in today's Observer:

... messing about in a pedalo on a boating lake with his old League of Gentlemen muckers Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith for a new series of their TV comedy Inside No 9

So, the 9 in question will be a paddle boat.  Obviously there's no details yet, but if it's a two/three hander on location in the middle of a lake, you wonder if this was like getting him back for their Rope homage in Psychoville. In the face of some very challenging filming restrictions, the easiest thing to do is get a co-star you've an established working relationship with.

mjwilson

Tickets for "An evening with Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton" going on sale tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/SP1nightonly/status/1460622690230972422

lipsink

It won't be as good as their previous work.

DrGreggles

Ooh, I can easily get to Ipswich.

Bad Ambassador

BritishHobo

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 16, 2021, 06:26:14 PM
FUCK WALES, IS IT?!

Least if you went you wouldn't need a plane or a boat :-(

BritishHobo

True.

To be fair to them even if there was a Wales date I probably wouldn't go on account of I'm lazy and I've spent all my money on cakes.

Icehaven

I might try and go to the Birmingham one, if it doesn't sell out before I get paid. Is it me or does this seem really short notice? The first date is less than 3 weeks after the tickets go on sale. Or is that Covid related somehow?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: icehaven on November 17, 2021, 01:12:21 PM
I might try and go to the Birmingham one, if it doesn't sell out before I get paid. Is it me or does this seem really short notice? Is this the way of Covid now, things are arranged only a few weeks in advance?
Steve said on twitter they only had a 2 week window of availability and so it was just a matter of finding venues that weren't booked.

Icehaven

Quote from: MigraineBoy on November 17, 2021, 01:15:18 PM
Steve said on twitter they only had a 2 week window of availability and so it was just a matter of finding venues that weren't booked.

Oh, so they only decided to do it very recently? Fair enough, it's just being so used (in normal times anyway) to gigs/shows etc. being planned and tickets available months if not a year in advance it seems extraordinarily short notice but OK. I suppose that's the advantage of there being a lot less planning needed for three blokes on a stage than for massive tours/entire bands etc.

JamesTC

Completely forgot about the tickets going on sale this morning. Thankfully wasn't sold out when I went on.

Icehaven

Birmingham's selling fast so sod it, I've booked. Really looking forward to it actually, it's the first live comedy thing I've been to in aaages, even before Covid.

Malcy

I will not be watching the next series based on their venue choices. Dirty racists. Nah but seriously I think this will be a great gig. I hope they extend it elsewhere in the future. I narrowly missed meeting Reece at a BAFTA event a few years ago. I was too late on getting tickets to his thing but got tickets to others. No sign of him at the free bar afterwards (probably for the best due to me downing 3 bottles of wine in a very short space of time)!

JamesTC

Just got back from it. Was a great evening (though it seemed to go all too quickly).

Highlights of the evening were Reece suggesting that at least one person in the audience must have "a fritzl", Reece pretending he has "a Fritzl" all evening and Reece blurting out "the twist is she's fat" while somebody in the audience is describing an episode of Tales of the Unexpected.

Captain Z

Quote from: JamesTC on December 06, 2021, 11:21:42 PMHighlights of the evening were Reece suggesting that at least one person in the audience must have "a fritzl", Reece pretending he has "a Fritzl" all evening and Reece blurting out "the twist is she's fat" while somebody in the audience is describing an episode of Tales of the Unexpected.

Someone please ask Reece what his CaB username is.

MigraineBoy

I was very intrigued at Steve saying there'd been one guest star that Reece really didn't like.

Johnny Foreigner

Just finished watching series 4, 5 and 6 on DVD. Great stuff.
The Commedia dell'Arte one was particularly enjoyable; I enjoy madcap puns more than anything. Very clever.
'Zanzibar' from series 4, written in verse, was plainly brilliant. That's right up my alley.
'Last Night of the Proms' made me jealous. I tried to do summat like that in a play some years ago, but this Inside No 9 episode did it ten times better.

The only one that left me a bit cold was 'Love's Great Adventure' in series 5. Not sure what the message was there; neither did I care much for the characters.

Anyroad, keep up the good work, lads. I wish I could write like that.

The Bumlord

Macca's little brother doing a spot of train stalking.

Icehaven

Is that first class? Tiny table and fuck all leg room but here's a useless lamp and coffee in mugs to make up for it. RUBBISH. 

frajer

Quote from: icehaven on December 08, 2021, 10:39:52 AMIs that first class? Tiny table and fuck all leg room but here's a useless lamp and coffee in mugs to make up for it. RUBBISH. 

I completely agree but also read it in Geoff's voice and it amused me a lot. (It was the RUBBISH that did it.)

Icehaven

Quote from: frajer on December 08, 2021, 12:45:46 PMI completely agree but also read it in Geoff's voice and it amused me a lot. (It was the RUBBISH that did it.)

I was indeed sort of imagining what Reece was thinking :D

Glebe

Little Macca's a Mirror reader!

mjwilson

Enjoyed hearing the boys tonight. Fuck the Ticket master app though, which decided I was a bot and nearly stopped me getting in.

The Giggling Bean

Quote from: Vroomo on December 07, 2021, 06:40:50 AMI was very intrigued at Steve saying there'd been one guest star that Reece really didn't like.

Where you at the Liverpool show too? I had hoped they'd name them but it would probably open a huge can of worms. Interesting to know who though.

I don't think that David Morrisey refusing to have United on his back caused them too much trouble though.

I was genuinely wondering how much of an act angry Reece was.

They never read my question out either.

Icehaven

Going to the Birmingham one tonight,does anyone know roughly how long the show is?