Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Between The Lines

Started by Endicott, April 07, 2021, 01:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Oh, yes. Water way to finish the series.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 16, 2021, 10:28:58 PM
Oh, yes. Water way to finish the series.

I'll spoiler it in case anyone fancies watching that final ( pretty crap) third series:
Spoiler alert
Quite a weird ending. You can hear their old boss saying " My God" off camera, then a shot of Siobhan Redmond's face in tearful mouth agape anguish, then the credits going up over all ceaseless explosions. Apparently, top Lisa Jesusandmarychain lookalike Neil Pearson wanted that ending- which * could* be seen as sort of a cliffhanger ending , but there's no way him and Tom " Guv" Georgeson would have survived all that explodin' going on, cos he didnae want to do anymore series of this once pretty watchable show. Quite right, too. There was one episode of this series in which all the characters came together to give the show a British Ex- High Ranking Police Types Version of " Charlie's Angels" vibe, and that massively gratuitous scene featuring a full frontal shot of that woman who was in that Heineken advert playing the Posho who was going to classes to talk Cockney in the nuddy ( I mean she was in the nuddy in that thoroughly uncalled for scene, not that she wanted to talk Cockney in the nuddy). Shame, the preceeding two series were pretty decent. 
[close]

Norton Canes

Don't listen. Season three is excellent and if it had been created as a series in its own right it would be justifiably praised. The nuddy scene is fantastic, not just 'cos nuddy but for the perfect way it portrays The Water in Majorca as a someone that fazes even Deakin.

Fambo Number Mive

Watched s1e1 against recently. I note there is none of the "I demand to be interviewed by an officer one rank superior" you get on Line of Duty.

BlodwynPig

Just popping in to say this is Bergerac/Spender tier. Not quite the heady heights of those two as there are some weaknesses (a bit too BBC-modern in places), but Season 2 has a run of episodes that end with either air punching or stomach punching moments. Literally exclaiming out loud "fuck that was good". Class TV.