Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Return of Smashie & Nicey?

Started by Tony Tony Tony, November 18, 2021, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Auntie at 100

Though it's a bit of a stretch to call it the return of the nations favourite Jocks it's close?

Glebe

Harry & Paul's Story of the Twos was great so fingers crossed.

Fambo Number Mive

Looking forward to Harry and Paul being back on TV. The Love Box In Your Living Room sounds good - I hope it will be as good as the excellent Story of the Twos.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

End of an Era is one of my favourites comedy things, but if be very surprised if the BBC are willing to remind everyone of their inspirations, post Yewtree.

Captain Z

I believe they've already portrayed S&N again in recent years, but unless I'm missing something the article doesn't mention those characters at all and makes it clear they will be playing new spoof personalities "Adam Adamant Curtis" and "Richard Dimbleby Curtis".

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 18, 2021, 12:01:44 PMEnd of an Era is one of my favourites comedy things, but if be very surprised if the BBC are willing to remind everyone of their inspirations, post Yewtree.

They repeated End of an Era in 2015, albeit with Smashie's "How old are you, m'darling?" line edited out. Which is understandable, I suppose.

EggsLikeABird

"I hate Smashy you know. I do, I bloody hate him. You know why? Because he's such a bloody nice bloke!"

Tony Tony Tony

QuoteI believe they've already portrayed S&N again in recent years, but unless I'm missing something the article doesn't mention those characters at all and makes it clear they will be playing new spoof personalities "Adam Adamant Curtis" and "Richard Dimbleby Curtis".

Yep. It struck me that the names are a pisstake on Adam Curtis who worked at the Beeb for a few years but these days probably best known for his style.

QuoteHis style has been described as involving, "whiplash digressions, menacing atmospherics and arpeggiated scores, and the near-psychedelic compilation of archival footage", narrated by Curtis himself with "patrician economy and assertion".[4] Curtis's films have won four Bafta

Should be interesting

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Glebe on November 18, 2021, 08:36:47 AMHarry & Paul's Story of the Twos was great so fingers crossed.

Apart from a couple of sketches, I thought it was quite weak. I know I am in the minority here.

QuoteI believe they've already portrayed S&N again in recent years
QuoteThey repeated End of an Era in 2015, albeit with Smashie's "How old are you, m'darling?" line edited out. Which is understandable, I suppose.
That's me told then. I've just checked to make sure I still have End of an Era on my PC and I do. I could make it available if anyone is interested.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 18, 2021, 04:42:20 PMThat's me told then. I've just checked to make sure I still have End of an Era on my PC and I do. I could make it available if anyone is interested.

That's sound of you Claude but it's on Youtube in at least three versions.

madhair60

These Farage-fellating clowns can go fuck themselves tbh

Glebe

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 18, 2021, 04:00:45 PMApart from a couple of sketches, I thought it was quite weak. I know I am in the minority here.

Not to sound like I'm flip-flopping here but there are a couple of dud gags for sure. The Dobby/Gollum Alan Yentob is a bit naff. But there's some top stuff in there . I love Enfield's chuckling Cleese.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: madhair60 on November 18, 2021, 07:37:27 PMThese Farage-fellating clowns can go fuck themselves tbh

Yeah, what was that all about?

Led Souptin

Quote from: jsgibble on November 18, 2021, 07:05:41 PMAn Evening With

Wow that blackface segment isn't nearly as "okay" as i remember it being.

I remember laughing at Harry's Lenny Henry impression when this came out seven years ago, and dismissing it as just really silly. But watching that whole segment now, I just feel uncomfortable.

Is it okay? It's not really okay is it?
Was it really okay seven years ago?
I dunno.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Glebe on November 19, 2021, 08:12:17 AMNot to sound like I'm flip-flopping here but there are a couple of dud gags for sure. The Dobby/Gollum Alan Yentob is a bit naff. But there's some top stuff in there . I love Enfield's chuckling Cleese.

I remember an interminably long sketch about The Queen or was it Thatcher? Can't remember as I zoned out. The panel show parody was worth it though.