Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Theme

Started by H-O-W-L, November 18, 2021, 06:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the pink make your eyes bleed?

AAAAARRRGGHH!
68 (42.8%)
No, it's lovely
46 (28.9%)
Meh
9 (5.7%)
An tSaoi
21 (13.2%)
pff.
3 (1.9%)
it will be better when we are all allowed to press our penises together onto it
10 (6.3%)
rail moat
0 (0%)
raoul moat
1 (0.6%)
Raul Panther III
0 (0%)
pisspot poo Pope
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 159

H-O-W-L

Sorry if there's already a thread for it, but Barry, is there any chance of being able to revert the theme on our ends? I'm partially sighted and it is nearly impossible, almost physically painful even, to read thread titles now -- no offense -- because of the blue-on-blue.

Paul Calf

The login link is a bit obscure too.

I do like the new control layout though.

H-O-W-L

The layout and look of it is ace, but the blue on blue everywhere is soooo hard to read.

Barry Admin

Sorry to hear that! It's just a quick pass tho, it needs a lot more work done on the colours. I'll try and change it a bit, hang on.

Paul Calf

But yeah, this is hard to see even for (relatively) standard eyes.

H-O-W-L

Thread titles are a lot better now! Like Paul Calf says, the buttons are really hard to read still, but a much greater improvement, thanks.

Barry Admin

Quote from: H-O-W-L on November 18, 2021, 06:57:47 AMThread titles are a lot better now! Like Paul Calf says, the buttons are really hard to read still, but a much greater improvement, thanks.

Thanks for letting me know, I was gonna our it back to a plain look for the meantime, but I'll leave it like this for now and try to fix the buttons also.

Twit 2

ARGH!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!

H-O-W-L

I really do appreciate it. I already have to use most websites at 110% zoom (CAB is no exception, though with the white titles I can read them at standard size now) because a lot of them don't care about people who may have fucked vision (which isn't entirely in the eyes, either)

Paul Calf

It's much better on mobile too. A reactive theme is always better than mobile-specific stylesheets.

Paul Calf

Ooh, those buttons are better for me with my only-very-slightly-wonky-'cos-I'm-old eyesight.

Barry Admin

QuoteI really do appreciate it. I already have to use most websites at 110% zoom (CAB is no exception, though with the white titles I can read them at standard size now) because a lot of them don't care about people who may have fucked vision (which isn't entirely in the eyes, either)

I'll see what I can find accessibility wise later on mate.

Paul Calf

Could you possibly import a high-contrast theme that people could use optionally?

Sonny_Jim

I'm missing the 'new' button on Updated Topics?  Before I would click 'topics that have been updated since your last visit', then click on the 'new' button next to the thread title to bring me to the latest unread post.  I can't seem to find the 'new' button now :(

EDIT:  I'm a moron.

H-O-W-L

QuoteI'll see what I can find accessibility wise later on mate.

Nah don't worry too much. This adjustment alone is way more than enough (and like I say, way more than most sites would offer me). I genuinely do appreciate it. Any other issues I have I can just CTRL+Scroll about to see better.

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 18, 2021, 07:03:27 AMCould you possibly import a high-contrast theme that people could use optionally?

This would be ideal overall I think, for more people than just myself. I'm content with it as you've got it now, but you never know who might join.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 18, 2021, 07:03:34 AMI'm missing the 'new' button on Updated Topics?  Before I would click 'topics that have been updated since your last visit', then click on the 'new' button next to the thread title to bring me to the latest unread post.  I can't seem to find the 'new' button now :(

It's on the left of the thread title

Barry Admin

QuoteOoh, those buttons are better for me with my only-very-slightly-wonky-'cos-I'm-old eyesight.

Here's the pallete if anyone wants to suggest changes, it's very rough and ready at the minute and totally open to suggestions.

Paul Calf

Barry Admin

Warning: no spoilers at the minute so be careful. I'll see if I can add something before I try and sleep.

Sonny_Jim

QuoteIt's on the left of the thread title
Thanks.  Can't believe I got a mini-stress going on, I couldn't see it and was like 'eurgh, this sucks.  Why do things have to change'.  Then I noticed it was just moved over a bit and felt like a proper wally.

I do like that alerts thing, very handy and space age. 

Pink Gregory

Am I supposed to not be able to see people's avatars?

DW Barry, can see you're working on it, thanks chief

phes

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 18, 2021, 07:18:12 AMAm I supposed to not be able to see people's avatars?

Might need to check your look and layout preferences.  I'd encourage people to go through them anyway as there's two factor authentication and stuff.  This link should work https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

I think I keep looking past the option that turns off the "warn when someone has posted to a thread you're replying to" thing.

shoulders

Avatars not showing even with the box to hide avatars unticked

Paul Calf

That's weird. I can see them.

What browsers are people who can't see avatars using?

Lemming

Liking this redesign a lot, especially the alert system. Avatars showing up fine for me on Chrome.

Barry Admin

Yeooo
I'll look into it
[close]

More colours that need fixing.

daf

Any chance of a paler background option? My Toppermost posts are now a bit hard to read (having used darker colours for quotes etc).

Pink Gregory

QuoteThat's weird. I can see them.

What browsers are people who can't see avatars using?

i'm using chrome on me phone (android), but it's so old that it can no longer update, don't know if that's related.

the 'don't show avatars' button is unchecked by default in the look and layout options, so I don't know, problem on my end maybe.

Chedney Honks

I can't see the button for 'Show this post' when you have someone on ignore. Please keep it like this.